• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

PSA : Stop using BharatNXT immediately

It isn't prohibited.
There was a loophole in which mdr was being borne by paytm until now.
There is always a mdr that is being paid so it becomes a cash advance transaction technically
Then tell Bank explicitly that Treat My Rotation as Cash Advances on Credit Card and deduct applicable Cash Advance charges on txn Amount and Hefty Interest applicable for Cash Advances.

Then may be Bank will close the Enquiry.

Yup. That's why I said "officially". No bank will issue a credit card assuming/knowing that user will rotate money. And if MDR is the only criteria, Gambling and Crypto purchase should also be legal then. In the end, it comes down to playing against the rules and the system. Either bank or IT deptt will come after if they smell something fishy.
Crypto purchase is legal
Secondly you can gamble online using your credit card try it out.

Then tell Bank explicitly that Treat My Rotation as Cash Advances on Credit Card and deduct applicable Cash Advance charges on txn Amount and Hefty Interest applicable for Cash Advances.

Then may be Bank will close the Enquiry.
Well the bank charges mdr from bharatnxt that's why it's cost of credit is covered.
The bank is just pissed that someone is making money of them.

It's simple: they require an invoice. As per the original post screenshot, generating an invoice for money rotation through Bharatnxt is it possible?
Suppose we Paid to a Builder for rendering Construction Services via BharatNXT

Then Builder will issue us a GST Paid Payment Receipt in our name.
Show this Receipt to Bank and Bank will.will close the Case.

Where only roation is involved we did not availed any good or Services against which Payment is made.

Now from where someone would produce Invoice/ GST/Tax paid Payment Receipt for Goods and Services which actually does not exist.

Here Fake invoices comes into existence.

Fake invoicing is done for availing input tax Credit.

Now I think GST department will see the first case of Fake Invoicing for Availing Air Miles Credit🤣

Last edited:
Suppose we Paid to a Builder for rendering Construction Services via BharatNXT

Then Builder will issue us a GST Paid Payment Receipt in our name.
Show this Receipt to Bank and Bank will.will close the Case.

Where only roation is involved we did not availed any good or Services against which Payment is made.

Now from where someone would produce Invoice/ GST/Tax paid Payment Receipt for Goods and Services which actually does not exist.

Here Fake invoices comes into existence.

Fake invoicing is done for availing input tax Credit.

Now I think GST department will see the first case of Fake Invoicing for Availing Air Miles Credit🤣
Let's say I have to pay college fee for a family member.
If I pay for 10 20 of his friends through axis magnus would it raise a inquiry ?

Crypto purchase is legal
Secondly you can gamble online using your credit card try it out.
Crypto was my bad, got it confused with my present country. And as far as gambling and other stuff is concerned.. Doing things just because one can do, draws the line. This is why not everyone received notice in this case. Few people made their choices knowing about the consequences and now they are facing them. Those who can prove their transactions are genuine, will definitely be fine.

In the end it boils down to our perception. Some people use credit card to manage their expenses and earn cashback/rewards, others to make money out of bank's pocket.

I'm not a judge of the right or wrong here, but justifying every loophole, exploit and workaround to fool an institution beats the very purpose of an instrument like credit card. I hope this story settles down soon and people don't have to lose their cards and points.

Last edited:
because currently i have paid fees for my family member and 5 of his freinds totalling to around 2L
i just wanted to be on the safe side
don't sweat over it, what is done is done. now don't use bharatnxt for now and use magnus for personal use and pray axis don't go over each and every individual who have use bharatnxt whether amount is lakhs or thousand.

MID what is the full form. Didn't get the context. Is it some sort of identifier for banks?
MID refers to Merchant Identification number, which is basically a unique code assigned to every merchant.
It helps a bank in various ways and one of them is to filter out all trxns pertaining to a single merchant like BharatNXT in this case.
Some people are under the impression that bank cannot track it because it falls under utility category.

So, instead of devaluing/removing Utility MCC from Axis HNI cards, they directly filtered MID.

Back