• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Queries regarding SBI Prime Vistara/Axis Vistara Signature bundled Vistara Tier Silver Membership Benefits

mudit.sharma

TF Select
I have a few questions regarding the benefits associated with Vistara SilverTier Membership which comes with a bundled SBI Prime Vistara Card and Axis Bank Vistara Signature Credit Card, ., and I was hoping someone with experience could help clarify as I still have doubt even after reading through the official site. Here are the specific points I'd like confirmation on:

Earning CV Points: As a Vistara Tier Silver member through the SBI Prime Vistara Card or Axis Bank Vistara Signature Credit Card, will I only earn CV (Club Vistara) points when booking Vistara flights through the official Vistara website, or can I earn them when booking through any website that offers Vistara flights?

Silver Tier Benefits: I understand that being a Vistara Tier Silver member comes with certain perks. However, I am wondering if these benefits extend to me even when I travel in economy class. Specifically, can I expect to receive the following benefits:

a) Premium Economy Counter Check-In: Will I be able to enjoy the convenience of the Premium Economy Counter check-in due to Silver Membership when traveling economy, or is this privilege limited only to those traveling in premium economy class?

b) Increased Check-In Baggage (+5KG): Am I entitled to the increased check-in baggage allowance of +5KG, irrespective of the class I'm flying in?

c) Increased Check-In Baggage Allowance (1 pc): Will I be granted the additional check-in baggage allowance of one extra piece, or is this benefit exclusive to specific ticket classes?

d) Complimentary Vouchers: Will I receive the One-Class Upgrade vouchers on Tier Renewal also, I am assuming it will be renewed after annual fees of credit card

If anyone who has availed these benefits through the SBI Prime Vistara Card or Axis Bank Vistara Signature Credit Card's bundled Vistara Tier Silver Membership could kindly confirm these points, it would greatly help me understand the scope of the benefits. Your personal experiences or any official information you may have access to would be highly appreciated.

I have a SBI ELite Card.
Through SBI app i sent a request for Vistara silver membership which is complimentary with this card.
However i received this reply now in screenshot-

What to do now?

Attachments

• IMG-8955.jpg
    IMG-8955.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 20
So are you gonna take his word over the Axis TnC PDF??
I will retry paying rent again and see for realty as I have the call recording which the care informed it is countable for milestone and cv points. I do know when call goes to another rep they flatly deny until I escalate it. It is just that I don't want that person to lose his job because of small issue. Banks are anyway finicky abt many things which is not relevant.

Hi, I'm new to this, I've an axis Vistara signature card and have some questions anyone could answer, which would be helpful for me and many others too.

I've received a premium economy ticket as well as a free class upgrade pass. I am aware that I can not use this pass on the free ticket.

1. To use this pass, is it mandatory to book tickets through Vistara's own website? or can I book a Vistara flight from another website and then claim this pass on those tickets?
  2. I've generally seen that prices are higher on Vistara's own website than other mediateries like goibibo, cleartrip etc. How should I book tickets if I want to? Do we get some additional benefits for booking through Vistara portal with our card?or is it same 4cv for 200?
  3. CV points can only be claimed for tickets? if so, Do I need to book through Vistara's website to claim them? as in this case, the prices are higher there anyways so that also brings the cv points value down I'm assuming.
That's all on top of my mind for now, Thanks a lot in advance

1.Yes you can book from anywhere.Upgrade is subject to availability which is poor.
2.If you book directly through vistara portal you gett better reward rate compared to other flight aggregators
3.yes cv points can only be claimed for tickets and one class upgrade subject to availability which again is poor.and it can be availed through vistara portal only

If one have only 1 free PE/Eco voucher & needs to book 2 ticket. Then applying promo will make 1 ticket automatically free or need to book separately. This is the only confusion I have with this card.

1.Yes you can book from anywhere.Upgrade is subject to availability which is poor.
2.If you book directly through vistara portal you gett better reward rate compared to other flight aggregators
3.yes cv points can only be claimed for tickets and one class upgrade subject to availability which again is poor.and it can be availed through vistara portal only
What exactly does poor mean here? I understand they've limited seats, but is there any way where i can check in advance wheather or not a certain flight would give me business class on a premium economy ticket with upgrade voucher, or do I have to buy the ticket and then use voucher? Also, when does voucher gets applied, let's say if i book wepl in advance, does that increase my chances or does upgrade happen at last minute if seats are empty.

What exactly does poor mean here? I understand they've limited seats, but is there any way where i can check in advance wheather or not a certain flight would give me business class on a premium economy ticket with upgrade voucher, or do I have to buy the ticket and then use voucher? Also, when does voucher gets applied, let's say if i book wepl in advance, does that increase my chances or does upgrade happen at last minute if seats are empty.
1. You can check in advance whether a flight has award tickets available
2.You can also buy a premium econ or econ and get it upgraded by calling cc and giving them the voucher code of the one class upgrade voucher.
3.upgrade doesn't happen from your end,it is done from their end and you can get it checked out before you redeem it

1. You can check in advance whether a flight has award tickets available
2.You can also buy a premium econ or econ and get it upgraded by calling cc and giving them the voucher code of the one class upgrade voucher.
3.upgrade doesn't happen from your end,it is done from their end and you can get it checked out before you redeem it
Hey, Thanks for the reply. Can you please give some clarification?
I understand that I can call and ask to check if seats are available for an upgrade with my voucher and the voucher would only be deemed used if a successful upgrade happens. But I'm assuming I'd need to buy the ticket first, then only I can ask cc to upgrade. is it?

I usually fly econ, my point was if somehow I could know before booking the tickets, that if I buy prem econ of this flight an upgrade to business is there and then only I'd go ahead and buy prem econ. Is this possible?

Thanks a lot in advance

Last edited:
Hey, Thanks for the reply. Can you please give some clarification?
I understand that I can call and ask to check if seats are available for an upgrade with my voucher and the voucher would only be deemed used if a successful upgrade happens. But I'm assuming I'd need to buy the ticket first, then only I can ask cc to upgrade. is it?

I usually fly econ, my point was if somehow I could know before booking the tickets, that if I buy prem econ of this flight an upgrade to business is there and then only I'd go ahead and buy prem econ. Is this possible?

Also, I can buy tickets from any platform, right? No need to buy from vistara to use the voucher. ( I've seen their rates are usually higher by 20-30%, is there any reason to book from there? apart from using cv points? I've heard you get extra cv points for booking through them but not sure how much and is it worth it?)
Please answer both the questions separately, and thanks a lot in advance
1.You can ask the cc team if a biz or prem eco n is available as you are looking to use a one class upgrade voucher.If they say yes immediately book a ticket and redeem the voucher.
2.It is possible as i just mentioned in point 1
3.You can book from anywehere.To upgrade you would just need to give the pnr.
If you put in your ffp number in websites like yatra,goibibo you will get the points on your spends. Also they only give extra points on first flight.

Back