• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBL is now giving away LTF World Safari/ICON from Shoprite if you are upgraded from Zomato Edition

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello Guys,

One big news I wanted to share with all of you.
Currently RBL is upgrading LTF Shoprite to LTF World Safari if you got LTF Shoprite from Zomato Edition.

Whoever has it, just call RBL & say that the Reward Rate is very poor with Shoprite & I don't want to continue with it.
Also ask if there is any upgrade offer for World Safari/ICON.
Based on your profile there is 99% probability that you will be offered either one of them. Many people has got it.

Go try your luck now!!

We would like to inform you that you are eligible to upgrade your RBL Bank shoprite credit card in the below mentioned credit cards.

• World Safari (in case customer is interested in travel card)–life time free.
  • ICON - life time free.

which one is better in the above two?
How did you approach them? email or thru' customer care call?

I asked the customer care they said, there is no offer currently. So raised a closure request, waiting for a call from retention team.

Not able to get any upgradation offer from the customer care, multiple calls. They just check the offers that are shown to you on RBL mobile app and hitting me with "no offers at the moment". Stuck with shoprite for now. 😖

Also, IVRS still mentions both cards, Zomato Edition and Shoprite.
Ya you can try with retention team, at least they can give you FYF and you can take a call next year.
You may have to call customer care 4-5 times to reach to an agent who will give some options. If not, retention team will hopefully give you LTF, just tell them that your current card is LTF and it would be really great if you are offered the replacement as LTF. Retention team generally calls in 2-3 working days (Ensure that RBL phone numbers are not in your blocked list).

After much haggling with the team, they will only offer me World Safari FYF. They're unlikely to convert it to LTF later AFAIK.

Update on this: I refused to go with World Safari FYF and persisted with another round of escalation and finally had them offer me World Safari LTF. Had them on written record so they can't renege on it later. Request was accepted and new card was issued after a day. Welcome message on WhatsApp confirmed it as lifetime free. Issued on Visa network.

Received the physical card today. ✌️

IMG_20230923_134336.jpg

Anyone got World safari or ICON card as LTF as a upgradation from Shoprite without the history of Zomato edition card?
Retention team is offering FYF World safari or ICON. I have Shoprite card without the history of Zomato edition card.

Last edited:
Start with either. If you are offered FYF variants, escalate and ask for lifetime. Response time for the second email is up to 15 days.
Retention team had offered FYF World safari or ICON but this headcardservice team is telling that I don't have any upgrade offer now. Have you got LTF upgrade assurance in single mail or have you exchanged many mails?

Retention team had offered FYF World safari or ICON but this headcardservice team is telling that I don't have any upgrade offer now. Have you got LTF upgrade assurance in single mail or have you exchanged many mails?

One or two mails should work. You can reply to the same mail, but don't quote the reference number unless offered LTF.

Did you mention that you were offered World Safari earlier?

Today I added my LTF World Safari into DreamFolks WebAccess and to my surprise I see only 1 domestic lounge access per quarter which ought to be 2 !!
Has anyone else faced this ?

Back