• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBL is now giving away LTF World Safari/ICON from Shoprite if you are upgraded from Zomato Edition

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello Guys,

One big news I wanted to share with all of you.
Currently RBL is upgrading LTF Shoprite to LTF World Safari if you got LTF Shoprite from Zomato Edition.

Whoever has it, just call RBL & say that the Reward Rate is very poor with Shoprite & I don't want to continue with it.
Also ask if there is any upgrade offer for World Safari/ICON.
Based on your profile there is 99% probability that you will be offered either one of them. Many people has got it.

Go try your luck now!!

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Last year in Jul when Zomato Editions card was stopped ,most were just given a replacement Shoprite card LTF ,but people started canceling en masse .

So RBL panicked scrambling to retain customers and first started giving World Safari LTF then later on FYF(i got FYF)
But now they seem to have stopped because not as many customers are canceling .

There doesn't seem to be any way to convert World Safari to LTF ,but if you cancel the card ,the retention team calls and they'll probably waive your annual fee(worked for me)
The problem is I've to do this every year till they refuse and then I'll just close the card.

Last edited:

rodeoSRP

TF Premier
Banker
Today I got the call from retention team since I had sent mail to close my shoprite card. After few mins of discussion, he agreed for ICON unconditional LTF and he has raised the service request for the same. I was expecting WORLD SAFARI but he kept insisting on ICON. So I didn’t argue much and accepted it.

I guess the upgradation works depending on the agents. Guess I got lucky today 😅

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Has anyone got that converted recently?
Then I’ll try too!!!

Seems like I joined TF community very late so I missed the fun!!!

I also have LTF shop rite (the shittiest card I have in my portfolio) which I got from Zomato edition

Is there anyway to convert this to ICON or WORLD SAFARI LTF ???

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Today I got the call from retention team since I had sent mail to close my shoprite card. After few mins of discussion, he agreed for ICON unconditional LTF and he has raised the service request for the same. I was expecting WORLD SAFARI but he kept insisting on ICON. So I didn’t argue much and accepted it.

I guess the upgradation works depending on the agents. Guess I got lucky today 😅
Did you earlier had zomato card?

Ashishag

TF Buzz
Has anyone got that converted recently?
Then I’ll try too!!!

Seems like I joined TF community very late so I missed the fun!!!

I also have LTF shop rite (the shittiest card I have in my portfolio) which I got from Zomato edition

Is there anyway to convert this to ICON or WORLD SAFARI LTF ???
I tried this a month back.
Had Zomato edition- after that got Shoprite LTF.

They did not give Upgraded and denied other card so gave closure request. Got call from retention team and they gave ICON LTF.

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I tried this a month back.
Had Zomato edition- after that got Shoprite LTF.

They did not give Upgraded and denied other card so gave closure request. Got call from retention team and they gave ICON LTF.
That’s great and this is enough to motivate me to follow you brother!!!

Wish me luck 😂😂😂

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
It seems that those who previously had Zomato were actually upgraded to LTF Safari/ICON upon request.

Additionally, Direct Shoprite cardholders were able to upgrade to LTF Safari/ICON via retention previously. However, recently, I haven't heard of anyone being offered an upgrade from the community. I am one unlucky guy who was denied an upgrade two months ago.

Last edited:

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
It looks like those who previously had Zomato were actually upgraded to LTF Safari/ICON upon request.

Also, previously, Direct Shoprite cardholders were able to upgrade to LTF Safari/ICON via retention. Recently, I haven't heard from the community. I am an unlucky guy who was denied an upgrade two months ago.
I migrated from Zomato only

Did you close the card finally?

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Just now I got the retention call

The lady gave me an offer of 2500 reward points to be credited in my account in 2 days
Still I insisted to close the card as shop rite card is not useful for me

Then she put my call on hold and said… they would upgrade my card to ICON LTF. However they can’t do that right now as my credit limit was temporarily reduced from 6L to 33k few months back.

She requested me to wait for couple of statement cycles to get back my previous limit. Then they would upgrade.

I agreed!!! So keeping my shop rite card right now… will see what happens after a couple of months…

rodeoSRP

TF Premier
Banker
Just now I got the retention call

The lady gave me an offer of 2500 reward points to be credited in my account in 2 days
Still I insisted to close the card as shop rite card is not useful for me

Then she put my call on hold and said… they would upgrade my card to ICON LTF. However they can’t do that right now as my credit limit was temporarily reduced from 6L to 33k few months back.

She requested me to wait for couple of statement cycles to get back my previous limit. Then they would upgrade.

I agreed!!! So keeping my shop rite card right now… will see what happens after a couple of months…
Awesome.. so I guess they do give icon ltf and it is based on the agents.. update us what happens post 2 months.

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Can anyone provide the PNO or escalation email id of RBL bank card department?

I’ll draft an email to increase my limit back to 6L!!!

The retention team told me that my limit decrease is a temporary one!!!
So I think a mail or two can resolve the issue

Thanks in advance