• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Regalia To Infinia Experience

Hey everyone, just sharing my experience ( in brief ) about getting Infinia in short period:

1) HDFC Regalia :
I got this as my first credit card an year ago ( 5L limit ) , barely used it for an year. and then realised how lucrative some of these rewards systems can be. Got Axis cards ( Magnus, Atlas ) and planned to get Infinia.

2) Upgraded To DCB:
I emailed the Grievance Redressal with upgrade form and asked them for Upgrade+LE .They quickly upgraded my card to DCB . in a week.

3) LE:
Since LE was ignored in last email, I pinged them again for LE with ITR Docs, they offered 2x ( 10L total limit ) I accepted. fast. in a week

4) Upgrade To Infinia:
After using DCB for a few months, I emailed them for Infinia just because i was meeting all the criteria ( 7.5 lakhs spends in 6mo, 10L limit, substantial ITR ). they took way too long this time. 1.5 months. kept delaying it every week. but finally they upgraded it.

PS: I feel like DCB is also a solid card if one can spend 5L ( which should be easy to achieve ) and provides same base reward rate as Infinia . Also DCB has a better Lounge Network. only issue is the daily cap.

Last edited:

nrj1007

TF Premier
Hey everyone, just sharing my experience ( in brief ) about getting Infinia in short period:

1) HDFC Regalia :
I got this as my first credit card an year ago ( 5L limit ) , barely used it for an year. and then realised how lucrative some of these rewards systems can be. Got Axis cards ( Magnus, Atlas ) and planned to get Infinia.

2) Upgraded To DCB:
I emailed the Grievance Redressal with upgrade form and asked them for Upgrade+LE .They quickly upgraded my card to DCB . in a week.

3) LE:
Since LE was ignored in last email, I pinged them again for LE with ITR Docs, they offered 2x ( 10L total limit ) I accepted. fast. in a week

4) Upgrade To Infinia:
After using DCB for a few months, I emailed them for Infinia just because i was meeting all the criteria ( 7.5 lakhs spends in 6mo, 10L limit, substantial ITR ). they took way too long this time. 1.5 months. kept delaying it every week. but finally they upgraded it.

PS: I feel like DCB is also a solid card if one can spend 5L ( which should be easy to achieve ) and provides same base reward rate as Infinia . Also DCB has a better Lounge Network. only issue is the daily cap.
How much ITR is needed for 10 lakhs limit? Can you give a ballpark figure?

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge

1) HDFC Regalia :

2) Upgraded To DCB:

3) LE:

4) Upgrade To Infinia:

Kindly mention your ITR. If not exact- at least in a range.

Noctis7

TF Select
The 10l limit on an existing card + 6 months spending criteria (around 7l or more) are the main requirements for an upgrade. For those fullfilling these there is a high chance of getting the card even as a pre approved offer on netbanking.

ank_sh1

TF Premier

1) HDFC Regalia :

2) Upgraded To DCB:

3) LE:

4) Upgrade To Infinia:

By grievance redressal, do you mean from this link: https://leads.hdfcbank.com/applications/webforms/apply/HDFC_CustomerCenter/Customer_Center.aspx

If not can you please help with the grievance email address, whenever I talk on customer care, they just say to post the signed form to Chennai address.

Sriky

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
How much ITR is needed for 10 lakhs limit? Can you give a ballpark figure?
How was your experience with online and offline spends using DCB?
Read multiple threads stating poor acceptance of DCB.

PS: I have a Regalia (LTF) with CL of 5L and want to upgrade to DCB based on the CL criteria

nrj1007

TF Premier
How was your experience with online and offline spends using DCB?
Read multiple threads stating poor acceptance of DCB.

PS: I have a Regalia (LTF) with CL of 5L and want to upgrade to DCB based on the CL criteria
Acceptability is good now in India, I can remember only 1 instance when it was not accepted on some govt services for driving licence website if I remember correctly. Whereas, I have faced low acceptability in US.

KraBalu

TF Buzz
I didnt had to much spoends on regalia instead i started spending more on Tata Neu infinity card also i have good salary , long relationship with HDFC bank. Since Regalia became crap i started asking them Infinia but the grevience redressel denied stating conditions not met.

then today RM called me - i asked him the same why the loyal custimers wont get , he stated aagain conditiosn has to be met.. i said to him to consider and apporve so that i can stop using all other cards.

He looped in a product manager to have some investment plan to get the Infinia card approved.

hdfc sanchay par advantage- yearly 1.2L investment , the plan loks decent but we can earn more if we start investing in direct ETF;'s.

Is a good deal to buy an investment plan, since i m looking for super premium card?
and this kind of promises ara valid ? he assured me he will get it done or you will have option to cancel plan within 15 days.

Need the inputs from you guys..

adi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I didnt had to much spoends on regalia instead i started spending more on Tata Neu infinity card also i have good salary , long relationship with HDFC bank. Since Regalia became crap i started asking them Infinia but the grevience redressel denied stating conditions not met.

then today RM called me - i asked him the same why the loyal custimers wont get , he stated aagain conditiosn has to be met.. i said to him to consider and apporve so that i can stop using all other cards.

He looped in a product manager to have some investment plan to get the Infinia card approved.

hdfc sanchay par advantage- yearly 1.2L investment , the plan loks decent but we can earn more if we start investing in direct ETF;'s.

Is a good deal to buy an investment plan, since i m looking for super premium card?
and this kind of promises ara valid ? he assured me he will get it done or you will have option to cancel plan within 15 days.

Need the inputs from you guys..
Go ahead with the investment plan n get infinia after getting infinia within 15 days cancel the plan.
You got infinia without investment.
Rm will be unhappy but who cares.
Ezz hack

Heisenberg37

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Need some Help!!

i am trying to upgrade my MB+ to regalia gold.
card is 6 months old with 3 lac limit
spends around 10L

I mailed their grievance team and they raised a service request
Does this mean it will get upgraded?
What’s the probability after that?
I mean if they had to refuse they would have directly regretted
@S S V @Walter White

Attachments

• IMG_0613.jpeg
    IMG_0613.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0614.jpeg
    IMG_0614.jpeg
    276.1 KB · Views: 41
The 10l limit on an existing card + 6 months spending criteria (around 7l or more) are the main requirements for an upgrade. For those fullfilling these there is a high chance of getting the card even as a pre approved offer on netbanking.
If relationship with bank is good, 8L Limit also sufficient to get infinia.