• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[Restored now] Debit card option removed from HDFC billpay??

No-nonsense banking at ICICI, eh ?!

How about a mis-programmed software charging higher penalties than their own declared policy? The BM kept insisting that their 'system' could not possibly be wrong, while a senior citizen in our family was forced to keep visiting the branch in vain in the peak of summer for two months!

Finally, several levels of escalation was required to get ICICI to admit to the flaw in their software and to get the issue resolved. The issue spanned two financial years to land the senior citizen into unwarranted tax filing complications into the bargain!

No more ICICI for our family.
I agree sir, everyone has different experience. For some, one bank might be better, for others some other bank. I just told my experience because I was quoted on the same. Many people can contradict me, and that's the way it should be. 😀

Debit card option is not getting on mobile app but working in net banking. Last month i have applied for hdfc platinum debit card and got 750 rupees back if debit card option deleted it will be a loss of gst on 750 rupees anyway atleast i got 750 rupees back now iam not going to take any debit card which gives cb because evary dc going to be devalued i think because of tricks every one using

Apparently, all the people who are not getting the debit card payment option in BillPay in HDFC Netbanking are ported to the new HDFC Netbanking portal called NetPortal, which uses the same stack as that of the MobileBanking app, which is why you don't see the debit card payment option in either one of them. However, the old netbanking site still shows the debit card option.

Moreover, the new portal shows the HDFC and IDFC FIRST Bank cards now, but show the error "Invalid Biller ID" when adding one. Apparently, HDFC has been testing this in production. :p

Last edited:
Why is everyone adding hdfc cc to bill pay to pay by hdfc DC? Mobikwik is there for that purpose.
Mobikwik has been breached TWICE. In fact, the last time Mobikwik was breached (in 2021), I could even get hold of the data of the CEO of Mobikwik himself, such as his addresses, his phone number, personal email, and his cards' few digits. It is not trustable. I have deactivated my account a long ago.

Last edited:
Back