• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[Restored now] Debit card option removed from HDFC billpay??

Apparently, all the people who are not getting the debit card payment option in BillPay in HDFC Netbanking are ported to the new HDFC Netbanking portal called NetPortal, which uses the same stack as that of the MobileBanking app, which is why you don't see the debit card payment option in either one of them. However, the old netbanking site still shows the debit card option.

Moreover, the new portal shows the HDFC and IDFC FIRST Bank cards now, but show the "Invalid Biller ID" when adding one. Apparently, HDFC has been testing this in production. :p
That is actually true!! I verified the same. My account is on the new portal and i am unable to see the debit card option for bill payment but my father and my sister both have their accounts on the old portal and they are still getting the option to pay bills via debit card.

Now the question is that whether this is intentional from HDFC or not because they have pushed this update on the new portal but not on the old one!! To me it feels more like an intentional thing! They just haven’t pushed this update on the old portal as of now and will be doing so very soon!!

That is actually true!! I verified the same. My account is on the new portal and i am unable to see the debit card option for bill payment but my father and my sister both have their accounts on the old portal and they are still getting the option to pay bills via debit card.

Now the question is that whether this is intentional from HDFC or not because they have pushed this update on the new portal but not on the old one!! To me it feels more like an intentional thing! They just haven’t pushed this update on the old portal as of now and will be doing so very soon!!

The new BillPay module seems tightly integrated with the new Netportal/MobileBanking app. Knowing HDFC Bank's history of infrequent updates to their decades-old netbanking site (last updated minorly in 2021), it's doubtful they'll backport this new BillPay module to the old version anytime soon.

However, they might disable debit card payments in the old BillPay portal if they're concerned about their profit and loss being affected by providing debit card rewards and paying card network charges. We'll know it soon.

That said, next month, there is Flipkart Big Billion and Amazon The Great India sale. So, they could also disable it temporarily until next month for the reason stated above.

Last edited:
Yes Millenia give 1%
Are you sure it’s 1% because I’ve read others say that with millennia DC it will 2.5% cashback on Mobikwik for CC bill payment! I also have millennia for which i got the fee for this year reversed so i guess I’ll be using mobikwik with millennia from here onwards!!

Also will the new merchant name “merchant” of Mobikwik affect Millennia DC or not? Ik one cannot confirm this yet since points are only credit after 90 days in case of millennia but just want to know what are your views on the same.

Still not showing in my MobileBanking app. What sorcery is this?
It is definitely a technical glitch.
I thought after the recent upgrade, because of some bug it created this issue.

Then I thought, I should do something to my accounts to break this bug..
I did a fund transfer between my accounts.
Then ibith if my Plat DC are started appearing as shown in my above SS taken at 12:14 am...

After you guys complained now, I logged out and logged back in again..
Guess what all the DC are gone again..
So not to worry, I have now proven that , it is officially a technical glitch. HDFC guys will fix it..

Fun part is that I don’t even remember opting for shifting my account to the new portal!! Was it in August first week? I remember there was some message and mails about downtime for new UI launch or something

Then it started appearing..

So not to worry, I have now proven that , it is officially a technical glitch. HDFC guys will fix it..
But you’re on the old UI right!! My father and my sister are on old UI and they are getting the option of Debit card for CC bill pay!! So it’s UI specific!!

Then ibith if my Plat DC are started appearing as shown in my above SS taken at 12:14 am...

Your analysis makes sense.
Hdfc has gone bonkers though.
Removing sbi cards from list first.
Now this.

Reactions: SSV
Back