• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Rumor with burgundy axis magnus could be LTF (by Sep 2023 it should be official by axis i think you never know though)

I know they need to earn as well ....

but saying zero markup fee and taking a hidden markup in exchange rate is not good either .....
people misinterpret zero markup as spot rates
zero markup means no additional charges by the bank or anybody else for that matter
but people think it that they will get spot rates for transaction while what actually happens is they get mc/visa/interbank rates
these rates usually account for a markup
i have heard that niyo global gave better rates than 0 markup cards

I know they need to earn as well ....

but saying zero markup fee and taking a hidden markup in exchange rate is not good either .....
Which bank are we talking about here? If any bank claims that it is zero forex, they cannot charge you anything in the form of forex conversion fees. The transaction will be settled as per the card networks(Visa,MC,etc.) conversion rates. These rates are more or less equivalent to the IBR fx rates(the best we as retail users can get). In DCs it is straightforward where you can verify the rates as soon you complete the transaction with your account statements. With CCs it will depend on what date and time the transaction gets settled.

people misinterpret zero markup as spot rates
zero markup means no additional charges by the bank or anybody else for that matter
but people think it that they will get spot rates for transaction while what actually happens is they get mc/visa/interbank rates
these rates usually account for a markup
i have heard that niyo global gave better rates than 0 markup cards
Yeah have been using Niyo Global Debit card (DCB based) from 2019.
very competitive rates.
Many currencies have less than 2p difference compared to google rates.
Just checked USD. Its exactly same as Google price.

The only drawback is its a debit card, so TCS is charged and reversed till 7L limit, and not reversed beyond that.

Yeah have been using Niyo Global Debit card (DCB based) from 2019.
very competitive rates.
Many currencies have less than 2p difference compared to google rates.
Just checked USD. Its exactly same as Google price.

The only drawback is its a debit card, so TCS is charged and reversed till 7L limit, and not reversed beyond that.
That's the same with any zero forex card on Visa/MC platform. In fact, sometimes I've got better rates than Google on some of my recent transactions using my IndusInd DC.

Lol I don't know if they got confused or what, but today I see joining fee and gst reversal in my card, which was charged last year in September.

Today is my renewal date and I was supposed to get charged for another 11800, but instead I have been reversed last year's joining fee 😅.

I had sent a reminder to MD desk last week (after one month) and this time I got a response that they are working on it. I think they got confused that I am asking to waive renewal fee and instead they waived off joining fee. Or maybe RBI Ombudsman Complaint was also there.

Let's see if they still charge renewal fee in 1-2 days or not. But at least I have got it back in another form. So I am done for now😁.

Now I can patiently wait for 1-2 month also for Magnus burgundy announcement 🤣, as I don't have immediate transfer requirements.
Renewal fee charged today, so it got balanced out.

Lol I don't know if they got confused or what, but today I see joining fee and gst reversal in my card, which was charged last year in September.

Today is my renewal date and I was supposed to get charged for another 11800, but instead I have been reversed last year's joining fee 😅.

I had sent a reminder to MD desk last week (after one month) and this time I got a response that they are working on it. I think they got confused that I am asking to waive renewal fee and instead they waived off joining fee. Or maybe RBI Ombudsman Complaint was also there.

Let's see if they still charge renewal fee in 1-2 days or not. But at least I have got it back in another form. So I am done for now😁.

Now I can patiently wait for 1-2 month also for Magnus burgundy announcement 🤣, as I don't have immediate transfer requirements.
Got official communication on this.

It was rbi complaint that did it.

Attachments

• IMG_20230916_165815.jpg
    IMG_20230916_165815.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 170
Back