• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Rumor with burgundy axis magnus could be LTF (by Sep 2023 it should be official by axis i think you never know though)

For someone to qualify via AQB,

(August balance + September balance)/2 = 10 Lakhs
If you have this amount in your burgundy account, call the CC and get it upgraded.

If started maintaining from September only, then November 25th is next batch dump will be checked, call CC that time to upgrade.

Because calendar quarter is Jul to Sep and Oct to Dec, so one has to keep average 10L within the quarter! So far what I heard, offer may be extended till Dec end.

If account is upgraded to burgundy now, are there any chances of getting magnus for burgundy this month? I have been maintaining 10L+ last many months. I am hoping Axis has way to check AQB even if I am not burgundy customer.

For someone to qualify via AQB,

(August balance + September balance)/2 = 10 Lakhs
If you have this amount in your burgundy account, call the CC and get it upgraded.

If started maintaining from September only, then November 25th is next batch dump will be checked, call CC that time to upgrade.

Because calendar quarter is Jul to Sep and Oct to Dec, so one has to keep average 10L within the quarter! So far what I heard, offer may be extended till Dec end.
I called today the CC. They are saying i'm still not eligible. Have to wait till 25th n try again

I did some analysis of My Edge Rewards History and Magnus Burgundy points distribution and I have got the formula they are using.

For calculating Magnus Burgundy points, they check last edge reward credits (until it reaches current total edge points) and include All Magnus Base rewards (both old magnus and new magnus burgundy), Exclude other credit card points (I have select and samsung), Exclude debit card points, Exclude Grab deals points, Exclude Other cards welcome benefits (Samsung welcome benefit), Exclude Manual additions (Retention point).

I don't have any points from Gyftr and Magnus monthly milestone in last few months, so can't confirm about them. But as grab deals is not considered under Magnus Burgundy, mostly Gyftr also won't be considered. Hopefully, Grab deals and Gyftr points (and possibly monthly milestone) exclusion is a bug and will be fixed soon.

Reversals from Travel edge failed transfer is not counted towards edge/magnus burgundy point and actual credit transaction done for them is considered, which is right.

Now, The current bug is that (good for us ) when we redeem Magnus Burgundy points, it just deducts from Total edge points only and then recalculates new Magnus Burgundy points based on current total edge points and last few transactions history like mentioned above. They can easily fix this by removing recalculation logic of magnus burgundy points after every transfer and instead deduct from both total points and magnus burgundy points everytime after a transfer is done. So a fix is coming soon.

Get your points empty as soon as possible specifically if u have significant points from other credit/debit cards, welcome benefits or Retention bonus. As long as at least last 300 points are earned from Magnus/Magnus Burgundy base points, you can transfer all points in 5:4. You just need to do lot of transfers. For Gyftr/Grab deals, u can still fight with customer care.
Found one more bug.

Once ur magnus burgundy points reaches below 100, it goes back to old system, where magnus burgundy shows as zero and everything in edge points and starts offering edge points transfer as 5:4.

Transferred August and September milestone points this way.

Now just gyftr 1000-2000 points remaining to be credited.

Found one more bug.

Once ur magnus burgundy points reaches below 100, it goes back to old system, where magnus burgundy shows as zero and everything in edge points and starts offering edge points transfer as 5:4.

Transferred August and September milestone points this way.

Now just gyftr 1000-2000 points remaining to be credited.
So one will need Magnus Burgundy points in multiples of 100 to make it zero

I am anyways planning to write an email asking them why magnus milestone is not in MB bucket.

Has anyone received AER points above 1.5 lakh spends in Sep? It has gone in which bucket?

So one will need Magnus Burgundy points in multiples of 100 to make it zero

I am anyways planning to write an email asking them why magnus milestone is not in MB bucket.

Has anyone received AER points above 1.5 lakh spends in Sep? It has gone in which bucket?
No, I said below 100, not zero. It automatically becomes zero when it is below 100.

For example, I had 678 MB points, redeemed 600 points and as per my calculation, I was expecting 86 (not 78) afterwards, but it changed to 0 instead.

All bonus points from monthly milestone, 1.5L+ spends, Gyftr, grab deals etc are not part of MB points.

No, I said below 100, not zero. It automatically becomes zero when it is below 100.

For example, I had 678 MB points, redeemed 600 points and as per my calculation, I was expecting 86 (not 78) afterwards, but it changed to 0 instead.

All bonus points from monthly milestone, 1.5L+ spends, Gyftr, grab deals etc are not part of MB points.
So with zero MB how is your transfer oage showing? Because for me i can only Select MB points to transfer, not ER. Can you share screenshot of your transfer screen?
Also, no logic of 1.5+ spend not being part of MB as they were spent using MB card only.

So with zero MB how is your transfer oage showing? Because for me i can only Select MB points to transfer, not ER. Can you share screenshot of your transfer screen?
Also, no logic of 1.5+ spend not being part of MB as they were spent using MB card only.
Already mentioned. It goes back to old system. Starts giving edge points option instead of magnus burgundy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-22-22-15-27-37_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-22-22-15-27-37_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 44
Already mentioned. It goes back to old system. Starts giving edge points option instead of magnus burgundy.
but many people who have less than 300 points have complained they aren’t able to transfer any points. same for me. you are lucky to see this. also i have atlas card and have edge miles also as an option apart from Magnus Burgundy. do you only have one axis card?

but many people who have less than 300 points have complained they aren’t able to transfer any points. same for me. you are lucky to see this. also i have atlas card and have edge miles also as an option apart from Magnus Burgundy. do you only have one axis card?
I told to bring it less than 100, not 300. Have 4 cards, 3 are edge rewards. And obviously one debit card too.

Reactions: CVR
To be honest, it is not worth trying to decipher the loophole in the system. If 5:4 is working, just transfer to somewhere you will need in next 1-2 years and get it over with. You never know what Axis is gonna do next. Just my two cents.

For me as soon as I transfer my Magnus Burgundy points(since i get this option only), my burgundy points don't reduce instead my edge reward points are reduced by equivalent amount. So I am not sure how to bring down magnus burgundy points.

I have 6k points in edge rewards and only 300 in magnus burgundy. So I will have to transfer 20 times to burn my edge reward points :(

To be honest, it is not worth trying to decipher the loophole in the system. If 5:4 is working, just transfer to somewhere you will need in next 1-2 years and get it over with. You never know what Axis is gonna do next. Just my two cents.
Ya but no need in next 1-2 years that’s the issue. Next 1-2 year requirement already transferred to partners.. any transfer i do now will be speculative

For me as soon as I transfer my Magnus Burgundy points(since i get this option only), my burgundy points don't reduce instead my edge reward points are reduced by equivalent amount. So I am not sure how to bring down magnus burgundy points.

I have 6k points in edge rewards and only 300 in magnus burgundy. So I will have to transfer 20 times to burn my edge reward points :(
Read it to understand how it works.

Post in thread 'Rumor with burgundy axis magnus could be LTF (by Sep 2023 it should be official by axis i think you never know though)' https://www.technofino.in/community...think-you-never-know-though.15646/post-414375

Read it to understand how it works.

Post in thread 'Rumor with burgundy axis magnus could be LTF (by Sep 2023 it should be official by axis i think you never know though)' https://www.technofino.in/community...think-you-never-know-though.15646/post-414375
Hi Harry, thanks for the post I had read your post earlier.

Maybe I dint understand it fully. In my case I wanted to exploit the bug where if magnus burgundy points fall below 100, I will be able to transfer edge reward points directly. Since in my case, I have 6k edge reward and 300 magnus burgundy, if I understand correctly I wont be able to exploit the bug of magnus burgundy points going below 100. IIUC, I need to burn all my points(edge reward+ magnus burgundy), then if I get only edge reward points and MB points stays below 100, then only I will be able to exploit this bug. Am I correct?
Thanks in advance.

Back