• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Rumor with burgundy axis magnus could be LTF (by Sep 2023 it should be official by axis i think you never know though)

Got the same reply, as not eligible even though met the AQB 10L

Thank you for writing to Axis Bank.

This is with reference to your e-mail dated 06/11/2023, we understand that you wish to upgrade your Magnus credit card to a Burgundy Magnus Credit Card.

We regret to inform you that, as we check you are not eligible to upgrade the card as of now.

Therefore, we request you to revert us in the middle of November month 2023 so we can check the eligibility to upgrade.

For more terms and conditions details please refer to the below mentioned link:

magnus-credit-card-for-burgundy-faq.pdf (axisbank.com)

Please Note: The last date of the limited period offer, to apply for / upgrade to new Magnus Credit Card for Burgundy ends on 30th November, 2023.

Note:Card approval is subject to fulfilment of the credit policy of the bank.
If you had 10L AQB in July/Aug/Sep send those 3 months OGS to PE team and ask for upgrade to be registered into the system. I got mine approved yesterday for upgrade on the basis of AQB ( JAS calendar quarter) and not previous 3 months AQB. Otherwise 30L TRV in September/October is the other possible way , after 45 days cooling period.

If you had 10L AQB in July/Aug/Sep send those 3 months OGS to PE team and ask for upgrade to be registered into the system. I got mine approved yesterday for upgrade on the basis of AQB ( JAS calendar quarter) and not previous 3 months AQB. Otherwise 30L TRV in September/October is the other possible way , after 45 days cooling period.
I opened account in aug only

I opened account in aug only
Try sending OGS for August, September and October again today/tomorrow and ask PE team to confirm if they can register request for upgrade on the basis of AQB of more than 10 lakhs in the previous quarter. If they register the request for upgrade before 30th November , then half the battle is won. The approval process may take 2 or 3 weeks after that , but even if the card is approved and issued only in December, it will be LTF.

Try sending OGS for August, September and October again today/tomorrow and ask PE team to confirm if they can register request for upgrade on the basis of AQB of more than 10 lakhs in the previous quarter. If they register the request for upgrade before 30th November , then half the battle is won. The approval process may take 2 or 3 weeks after that , but even if the card is approved and issued only in December, it will be LTF.
The combined OGS should have the average of 10L AQB right? Or each OGS should be 10? I believe the average should be 10 in October atleast.

They (including Gyftr/Grab deals) are not listed under savings account, but counted against that. It's something internal. If u keep track of count of individual edge points, u will see only savings account counter increase.
Unfortunately It's going take a long time for Axis to migrate all these.

I am resting my case today :D Today I got a call from Axis stating that I am not qualified as True Burgundy account holder as my AQB from July to Sep is 6L and not 10L.

I did try to talk to multiple people and no one cares :D I wrote a mail to close my account and I am closing my card as well!

It was fun trying :D

The combined OGS should have the average of 10L AQB right? Or each OGS should be 10? I believe the average should be 10 in October atleast.
Yes they average out the 3 monthly balances mentioned in the 3 OGS statements to arrive at AQB. If there is shortfall in one month , but made up in other months it should not matter ideally. Also ask them to confirm the exact reasons , if they say you don't meet the AQB eligibility criteria yet , in the same email chain. And whether you will become eligible before Nov 30th by doing anything.

I am resting my case today :D Today I got a call from Axis stating that I am not qualified as True Burgundy account holder as my AQB from July to Sep is 6L and not 10L.

I did try to talk to multiple people and no one cares :D I wrote a mail to close my account and I am closing my card as well!

Try to speak to the RM if there is any way he can help you get the Burgundy Magnus , like putting 30L in FD . Or get the Paid version in December, if you are into Air Miles transfer and a high spender in some months at least.

If you have a ton of ERs pending to be transferred, then I would suggest you to wait.

You will get upgrade atleast in December. Upgrade, transfer, close card & account after that.

This is my strategy. Customer care said I have to wait 45 days post October OGS. So December 20th.

I have told my new RM (who is the same person opened my account in the branch) that if she cannot get me an LTF upgrade I'll close the account.

If you have a ton of ERs pending to be transferred, then I would suggest you to wait.

You will get upgrade atleast in December. Upgrade, transfer, close card & account after that.

This is my strategy. Customer care said I have to wait 45 days post October OGS. So December 20th.

I have told my new RM (who is the same person opened my account in the branch) that if she cannot get me an LTF upgrade I'll close the account.
Got it! But I have no hopes :)

Actually if you have received the 10K Magnus retention bonus, you will be net shelling out Rs. 4750 (Rs. 12500 + GST - 10K*), if you opt for the paid version.
*I conservatively view each RP at Re 1.

Especially true, if you are sitting on a truckload of points like @MilesMax said.
Since this is an upgrade to paid M4B card, we should also be getting vouchers worth of 12.5k on paying fee as this is the first year.
Only renewal vouchers are removed.

We just have to pay the GST component.
This is my assumption as we have no details about the paid M4B upgrade yet.

Hi,

My Magnus card got upgraded to a Burgundy Magnus in September and I am now facing a weird issue while redeeming my edge points towards miles. The Edge points from my old Magnus are not reflecting under the Burgundy Magnus bucket and hence Travel Edge is only allowing me to trasfer the points earned on the new Burgundy Magnus card.

Anyone else experiencing this issue ?

Though I have written to premiumexperiences for this, is there a way around this?

Just call Burgundy premium customer care number now and check if your card has been approved for upgrade . I got mine upgraded and several others who were getting not eligible message are also getting upgraded when they call up the customer care number

Back