• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Rural Account Pros & Cons

kishorvr

TF Premier
  1. If I open my account in a rural location to take advantage of low amb/aqb, should you live in that particular rural location?
  2. Along with low amb/aqb, they may provide Rupay platinum debit card contrary to your wish to acquire select debit card. Can we not apply for a select dc later?
  3. Do rural accounts get credit card offers?
Please feel free to list some more pros and cons of opening bank accounts in rural locations.

When I opened account in SBI 10 years ago, I remember taking a little sheet of paper with numbers and waiting. This is in Banashankari, Bangalore. For the past two years, I have visited my branch thrice and I did not take the number. I stood in line for not more than 10 minutes. But one banker spoke rudely as if she wished she was somewhere else. I can only imagine what happens in rural branches.

+1

When UPI was new, I wanted an SBI account because my bank back then had not implemented it yet. So I walk into SBI Nariman Point branch at my lunchtime to open one. Staff there refused to open the account unless I brought some useless accident insurance from SBI General.

Nariman Point branch of a bank like SBI probably has accounts of every NIFTY 500 company, and generally well off educated clientele. If they try these stunts at Nariman Point, can you imagine rubbish they pull in rural areas?

+1

When UPI was new, I wanted an SBI account because my bank back then had not implemented it yet. So I walk into SBI Nariman Point branch at my lunchtime to open one. Staff there refused to open the account unless I brought some useless accident insurance from SBI General.

Nariman Point branch of a bank like SBI probably has accounts of every NIFTY 500 company, and generally well off educated clientele. If they try these stunts at Nariman Point, can you imagine rubbish they pull in rural areas?
Well most private companies use private bank.

Even SBICard(cc issuer) use hdfc bank

*PSU Bank employees are not government employees.

Government have majority stake in that particular bank so they have influence over its administration and management, that's it. They don't want much profit from their investment so they don't pressurize the employees for targets unlike private banks.
Yes, and a PSU bank came in rescue of Yes Bank. ;)

Back