• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI credit card sales person fraud

Gangadhar

TF Buzz
i have applied for SBI cashback credit card for my father but when they called him for verification, they asked his consent for yatra credit card, when he denied it, they pushed him saying that he will get cashback card but for that he needs to accept the yatra card and he will get a link to change, my father doesnt have any knowledge about credit cards, he accepted it and never received the link and when i tried to contact the person who spoke to him and asked about it he didnt have any answer and then when i threatened to raise a complaint on him he is not lifting the call and blocked my number. what should i do? my father already has sbi prime card which he rarely uses and is paying 3700 as annual charges. i wanted to close that card after i get the cashback card. but now yatra card has been shipped. what do i do?

i have applied for SBI cashback credit card for my father but when they called him for verification, they asked his consent for yatra credit card, when he denied it, they pushed him saying that he will get cashback card but for that he needs to accept the yatra card and he will get a link to change, my father doesnt have any knowledge about credit cards, he accepted it and never received the link and when i tried to contact the person who spoke to him and asked about it he didnt have any answer and then when i threatened to raise a complaint on him he is not lifting the call and blocked my number. what should i do? my father already has sbi prime card which he rarely uses and is paying 3700 as annual charges. i wanted to close that card after i get the cashback card. but now yatra card has been shipped. what do i do?
don't use the card.
apply cashback card using sprint

This is what we are getting when we apply from offline SBI agent.

In my office SBI desk was there for one week, I wanted BPCL card, but he said I will not get instant discount offers on that, So I applied simply click as they were selling only four cards there, Simply click, Simply save, Elite and Prime. I clearly said Simply click still he was trying to apply for simply save in his tablet, When I check told him to change, he argued that you will get simply click only don't worry.

But I forced him to change, as my CIBIL was good, so it got applied in no documents required category.

after 10 days I got SMS saying you are also eligible for SBI elite card apply from link and provide that OTP. I ignored. after two days customer care called and ask me to take Elite card. I asked him what is annual fee, he told 4999.

I told him just give me Simply click which was applied by me that's it. I dont need Elite and he immediately dropped the call. :cautious:

Do simple thing first go via formal route of SBI and complain that card has been missolde to you. wait for their response if they do not reply in your favor simply file the complain on RBI portal and the agent who is not picking up ur call will call you and ask to settle matter

make sure you record all of ur engagement in terms of mails and call with SBI or anyone talking about this card.

first agent will ask his team mate to call you from some random number and act as SBI executive and convince you to activate card dont do it.

I had similar case in Yes Bank where card was sold tk me is LTF and it was fee based. agents and sales manager of banks no this false practise. RBi complains scares the shit out of them and they will do anything to close it.

Do simple thing first go via formal route of SBI and complain that card has been missolde to you. wait for their response if they do not reply in your favor simply file the complain on RBI portal and the agent who is not picking up ur call will call you and ask to settle matter

make sure you record all of ur engagement in terms of mails and call with SBI or anyone talking about this card.

first agent will ask his team mate to call you from some random number and act as SBI executive and convince you to activate card dont do it.

I had similar case in Yes Bank where card was sold tk me is LTF and it was fee based. agents and sales manager of banks no this false practise. RBi complains scares the shit out of them and they will do anything to close it.
Yes, HDFC sold me Millenia card twice claiming LTF but is was paid. They closed both the cards.

1. dont use the card at all. bank will have to close it after 1 month.
2. escalate to pno of sbi cards with the details of the agent and explain the malpractice.
3. if no reply from pno, complain to rbi ombudsman and demand compensation for misleading sales tactics.

Last edited:
T

Thanks for the information

Back