• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Debit Card: Reward FAQs Updated

1000 limit is not per day, it's per txn, capping is only per month

And please link the post explaining bonus you are referring to

Choose Debit Card. Then read this point.

1. This construct is applicable from 1’st May 2024. Capping of 1000 reward points per transaction applicable, subject to overall capping of 10000 reward points per calendar month per Customer ID including Birthday bonus.

So as B'day bonus is 2X and per txn is 1000 pts max. So Rs.50K txn = 500+500 = 1000 pts. I can't confirm right now as no birthday near. But it can be 1000+1000. Only those who have received can confirm. To be on safe side I use 50K max per txn.

In birthday month one can't cross overall limit of 5 Lakh in month as for that 10000 pts will be provided. Other months you can go to 10L max if no campaign also there.

So, in a year If I do 10L CC payment by SBI CC, I will get 250*10 (normal) +250*10 (for yearly milestone bonus) = Rs. 5000 valueback
or 0.5%

So, in a year If I do 10L CC payment by SBI CC, I will get 250*10 (normal) +250*10 (for yearly milestone bonus) = Rs. 5000 valueback
or 0.5%
Nah, you will get ITR notice and they will get Taxback from you. :ROFLMAO:

Anyways, your calculation is right but if it is offer period and birthday month you can expect 1%. Suppose a 2X offer runs between Sep 7-15 in future and you pay Rs. 1 Lakh and it is your birthday month then you pay 33K (330 normal pts + 330 2X offer pts + 330 Bday points) everyday and 1K last day. It will provide 990x3+10x3 + 1000 on 1 Lakh milestone. Total 4000 = Rs.1000 which is 1% of 1 lakh. Be in limits. SBI can always ask you to pay back.

Last edited:
Nah, you will get ITR notice and they will get Taxback from you. :ROFLMAO:

Anyways, your calculation is right but if it is offer period and birthday month you can expect 1%. Suppose a 2X offer runs between Sep 7-15 in future and you pay Rs. 1 Lakh and it is your birthday month then you pay 33K (330 normal pts + 330 2X offer pts + 330 Bday points) everyday and 1K last day. It will provide 990x3+10x3 + 1000 on 1 Lakh milestone. Total 4000 = Rs.1000 which is 1% of 1 lakh. Be in limits. SBI can always ask you to pay back.
Please consider virtual dc which gives 4rp per 200 then all your calculations will become half

Last edited:
Please consider virtual dc which gived 4rp per 200 then all yourz calculations will become half
Virtual DC don't give 4X points. Where you read that? It is just normal 2 points per 200. Don't spread misinformation here. Some people got bonus with it because 2X offer was running last month and this month also between Aug 9-19.

SBI Rewardz:
  • Cardholders will get two reward points for every Rs. 200/- spent on Point of Sale/e-Commerce.
Source: https://sbi.co.in/web/personal-banking/cards/debit-card/sbi-virtual-debit-card

P.S: Correcting your grammer also. The word is "gave" for past tense not "gived".

Last edited:
Virtual rupay will also fetch 2x points?
Yes, will work with virtual DC only when 2X campaign is running by SBI not always. Normally you get 2 points per 200 spent. Also remember don't use on JioFin app as it is not fetching any points there due to MCC problem and considering it as wallet txn.

Here is calculation: You did txn of Rs.1100. Your normal RPs= 10 only not 11 (because it is given in multiple of 200). If bonus campaign is running like recently ran between Aug 9 -19 so all txns between these dates fetched 2X points. So your 1100 txn will fetch 20 RPs. These will be credited as 10 normal + 10 bonus not 20 in one go.

Yes will work with virtual DC only when 2X campaign is running by SBI not always. Normally you get 2 points per 200 spent. Also remember don't use on JioFin app as it is not fetching any points there due to MCC problem and considering it as wallet txn.

Here is calculation: You did txn of Rs.1100. Your normal RPs= 10 only not 11 (because it is given in multiple of 200). If bonus campaign is running like recently ran between Aug 9 -19 so all txns between these dates fetched 2X points. So your 1100 txn will fetch 20 RPs. These will be credited as 10 normal + 10 bonus not 20 in one go.
Thanks for the clarification

Basically I need to pay 2L HSBC bill.
So my plan is to pay 50K for 4 days on cred with sbi virtual rupay.

Per day sbi virtual limit is 50K we can spend.

I hope I will get 500 if I pay 2L with sbi in next few days.

Rupay variant is giving problem these days and don't know how it will be taken as on CRED also. Better close your Rupay virtual card and generate a new one VISA one. You can generate 5 cards in a year. You can close currrent one at SBI Netbanking or Yono. I have Rupay platinum as Physical with SBI and VISA as virtual.

Rupay variant is giving problem these days and don't know how it will be taken as on CRED also. Better close your Rupay virtual card and generate a new one VISA one. You can generate 5 cards in a year. You can close currrent one at SBI Netbanking or Yono.
Ah okay, I paid 80K on onecard app for one card bill yesterday with sbi rupay in last 2 days. Shall I wait for the rewards or close it, will I still get rewards?

Also, hsbc bill will be generated today. So I do have time to pay, kinda another 10 days

Ah okay, I paid 80K on onecard app for one card bill yesterday with sbi rupay in last 2 days. Shall I wait for the rewards or close it, will I still get rewards?

Also, hsbc bill will be generated today. So I do have time to pay, kinda another 10 days
Wait for rewards before closing. It will be credited by today evening or tomorrow. But can take more time. Genrally my txns on Friday/Saturday, had points credited on Sunday itself but some txns on other days gave with a gap of 7-15 or 30 days.

Last edited:
Virtual DC don't give 4X points. Where you read that? It is just normal 2 points per 200. Don't spread misinformation here. Some people got bonus with it because 2X offer was running last month and this month also between Aug 9-19.

SBI Rewardz:
  • Cardholders will get two reward points for every Rs. 200/- spent on Point of Sale/e-Commerce.
Source: https://sbi.co.in/web/personal-banking/cards/debit-card/sbi-virtual-debit-card

P.S: Correcting your grammer also. The word is "gave" for past tense not "gived".
I know on the website it's mentioned as 2 rp but i saw on the sbi revalutionion post it was mentioned that virtual dc gives 4rp and to clear the confusion i called on their helpline, they confirmed 4 rp for virtual dc, you can call and check if you want. Atleast, that's what they told me.

And why are focusing on unnecessary things like grammar? It was typo, i was going to write 'gives' instead of 'gived'. Regardless, you did not need to mention it.

Limit is per txn, not daily

I know on the website it's mentioned as 2 rp but i saw on the sbi revalutionion post it was mentioned that virtual dc gives 4rp and to clear the confusion i called on their helpline, they confirmed 4 rp for virtual dc, you can call and check if you want. Atleast, that's what they told me.

And why are focusing on unnecessary things like grammar? It was typo, i was going to write 'gives' instead of 'gived'. Regardless, you did not need to mention it.
Bro, I have been doing txns using virtual DC of my brother's account for paying his CC bills since March-Apr and till now normal points have been credited and double only when txns were done in those days when 2X offer campaign was applicable.

For other POS, there was Rs.4975 txn using same VISA virtual card in May on Flipkart by him and only 48 points for same has been credited and nothing extra as no bonus was offered. Now for all txns done between Aug 9-19, bonus points have been credited because offer was there as RakshaBadhan campaign.

In past they may have offered 4 points per 200 but not anymore. You get it only when there is 2X campaign is running and during that time everybody gets it no matter physical or virtual. You are living in illusion of 4 RPs per 200 and thinking of 2X offers run every month by SBI as normal benefit.

I'm sorry for correcting your grammer. :)

Limit is per txn, not daily
Oh bhai, virtual DC has per day limit. Daily Purchase Limit e-Com: Rs. 50,000/-

Open your eyes and read https://sbi.co.in/web/personal-banking/cards/debit-card/sbi-virtual-debit-card

• Name of Card: SBI Virtual Debit Card
  • Type of Card: Global at RuPay / VISA / MasterCard
  • Issuance criteria: To be issued in normal Saving Bank Account( Non-FI) segment.
  • Usages:
    • International and Domestic Channels : e-Com, Contactless (Device Tokenisation payment through Google Pay & Samsung pay)
    • Contactless payment facility : Available through Near field communication (NFC) enabled Android mobile phones.
      Presently, available in MasterCard and VISA Debit Cards
  • Daily Cash Limit at ATMs : Nil
  • Contactless limit for Tokenised payments : Maximum: Rs. 5,000/- per transactions
  • Daily Purchase Limit e-Com: Rs. 50,000/-
  • Validity : 5 years
  • Issuance Fee for Virtual Card: Nil
  • Annual Maintenance Charges: Nil
  • SBI Rewardz:
    • Bonus Points : Customer will earn: 200 bonus points if the customers perform three PoS/ e-Com transactions in the month of issuance.
  • Product Features :
    • Instant generation of Debit card
    • Used for PoS transaction (Contactless) through Android mobile phones
    • Usage for e-Com, International, E-mandate
    • Free of charge
    • Nil AMC
    • Green Banking: No use of plastic and card chip

Additional Information:

• Card will be instantly generated on clicking confirmation button for issuance of Virtual Debit Card
  • No physical card will be issued for the virtual card.
  • No. of Virtual Debit Card issued in an account per customer- 1 (One) Customer can permanently block existing Virtual debit Card and request for new Virtual Debit Card.
  • Number of times request can be made in a year for Virtual Debit Card through online channels – 5 (Five)
  • Card Tokenization Service (e.g., Samsung Pay, Google pay) for NFC transaction is available on Master Card and Visa Network. Currently, Android mobile phone having NFC capability support Card Tokenisation services.
  • Virtual Debit Card cannot be used for Cash Withdrawal

Oh bhai, virtual DC has per day limit. Daily Purchase Limit e-Com: Rs. 50,000/-

Open your eyes and read https://sbi.co.in/web/personal-banking/cards/debit-card/sbi-virtual-debit-card

• Name of Card: SBI Virtual Debit Card
  • Type of Card: Global at RuPay / VISA / MasterCard
  • Issuance criteria: To be issued in normal Saving Bank Account( Non-FI) segment.
  • Usages:
    • International and Domestic Channels : e-Com, Contactless (Device Tokenisation payment through Google Pay & Samsung pay)
    • Contactless payment facility : Available through Near field communication (NFC) enabled Android mobile phones.
      Presently, available in MasterCard and VISA Debit Cards
  • Daily Cash Limit at ATMs : Nil
  • Contactless limit for Tokenised payments : Maximum: Rs. 5,000/- per transactions
  • Daily Purchase Limit e-Com: Rs. 50,000/-
  • Validity : 5 years
  • Issuance Fee for Virtual Card: Nil
  • Annual Maintenance Charges: Nil
  • SBI Rewardz:
    • Bonus Points : Customer will earn: 200 bonus points if the customers perform three PoS/ e-Com transactions in the month of issuance.
  • Product Features :
    • Instant generation of Debit card
    • Used for PoS transaction (Contactless) through Android mobile phones
    • Usage for e-Com, International, E-mandate
    • Free of charge
    • Nil AMC
    • Green Banking: No use of plastic and card chip

Additional Information:

• Card will be instantly generated on clicking confirmation button for issuance of Virtual Debit Card
  • No physical card will be issued for the virtual card.
  • No. of Virtual Debit Card issued in an account per customer- 1 (One) Customer can permanently block existing Virtual debit Card and request for new Virtual Debit Card.
  • Number of times request can be made in a year for Virtual Debit Card through online channels – 5 (Five)
  • Card Tokenization Service (e.g., Samsung Pay, Google pay) for NFC transaction is available on Master Card and Visa Network. Currently, Android mobile phone having NFC capability support Card Tokenisation services.
  • Virtual Debit Card cannot be used for Cash Withdrawal
Ok so physical dc has per txn limit+monthly, n virtual has daily limit+monthly

And both have same rp ratio systems

This is final, right?

Thanks for above clarifications, sometimes customer care ppl also give wrong info, i was just going by what they said, but if you have made txn n it's aligned with website, then that is a more accurate source of info.

Thanks for above clarifications, sometimes customer care ppl also give wrong info, i was just going by what they said, but if you have made txn n it's aligned with website, then that is a more accurate source of info.
Rely on banks for the day-to-day purposes only like cash deposit, cheque, branch related issues, etc.

Once you start asking them queries related to points/cashback. They will go blank or give you information from outdated TnC 🤣

Just to clarify, We will not get any RP for loading money in any of the wallets?
Not with SBI. Also, using Jiofin app for payments with Rupay debit card is also treated as wallet txn with Merchant name RPSLLDCASH. No problem if Merchant name is Reliance Payment Soultions Mumbai or Reliance Payment Sol or anything starting with REL* RELIANCE

Back