• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Revaluation SBI Debit Card Reward Point - Changes w.e.f. 1st May, 2024

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer

SBI Debit Card Reward Point - Changes w.e.f. 1st May, 2024:

There have been several changes in SBI debit card reward point, full details can be found here : https://rewardz.sbi/content/overview -> Debit Card

Some of the changes observed are :

- 1,000 reward points capping per transaction (earlier it was 100 reward points)
- 10,000 reward points capping per calendar month (earlier it was 1,000 reward points)
- 200 birthday bonus reward points capping removed (not sure but it can't be seen anymore)
- all transactions will accumulate reward points except for account to wallet and account to account transactions

Excluding account to wallet and account to account transactions may mean no more accumulating reward points on CC bill payment via MobiKwik.

Maine yuhi copy paste kiya hai sab logo ko daarane k liye.?

Baki link me toh Virtual debit card users are eligible for double Reward points diya hai.

SBI Rewards website mentioned -

Description Reward Points
Standard Points for Physical Debit Cards per 200 spent per card on PoS or e-Commerce: All type/ variants of Debit Cards
Except- i. IOCL Co-branded Debit cards used in IOCL outlets, ii. Virtual Debit Card
Standard Points for Virtual Debit Cards per 200 spent per card on or e-Commerce4
IOCL Points (per 200 spent per IOCL co-branded card at IOCL outlets)6

For Virtual card-
50k per transaction.
5L per month.
For physical card-
1L per transaction
10L per month

Last edited:
No reward points since 2nd August.
Did they stop giving rp in cc bill payments?
No, they are coming but some txns get stuck and don't provide at all for 15 days and came later. In August I have received on 3rd day every time. Did 25K txn yesterday too and will update. Already since Aug 9, 2X offer is alive so RPs will take time. Anyways, where did you use card, I mean on which site or app?

No, they are coming but some txns get stuck and don't provide at all for 15 days and came later. In August I have received on 3rd day every time. Did 25K txn yesterday too and will update. Already since Aug 9, 2X offer is alive so RPs will take time. Anyways, where did you use card, I mean on which site or app?il
I think 2x offer won't be applicable for spends on mbk.

I never used Mobikwik. So can't say much about it. Don't know whether this Aug 9-19 2X is applicable for CC payments or not as only 4 categories are mentioned which says Retail txns also. Now retail txns have huge list. It says, "the customer will be rewarded with accelerated reward points on Apparel, Electronics, Lifestyle and Retail." This line was not there when offer started and aded later. So will have to wait as only normal points are given first and these bonus come by Sep 30 as mentioned in TnC. Aa gaye toh bhi theek nahi aaye toh bhi. Baki BoI DC 0.46% use kar lenge after Aug 19. lol

No, they are coming but some txns get stuck and don't provide at all for 15 days and came later. In August I have received on 3rd day every time. Did 25K txn yesterday too and will update. Already since Aug 9, 2X offer is alive so RPs will take time. Anyways, where did you use card, I mean on which site or app?
I only pay cc bill with debit card, in last month they gave me 2x it was my bday month

I have got RP for transactions done on Mobikwik on 4 Aug, 11 Aug.
But not for 9,10 Aug on Mobikwik. Merchant name is same in all.

You will get for every txn done.

What kind of circus is going on? :face-with-steam-from-nose: Every other day someone comes and start crying that I don't get RPs for this date, that date. For last time and sake of it, be clear that you will get RPs no matter where you did txn. RPs take times and max. time is 30 days.

If you keep doing like this, you will infuriate CASHBACK & RPs DEVTA aka Chota Kuber and all this will stop for once and all.

Sabko Milega. Kisi ko jaldi, kisi ko late par sabko milega. Bas karo ab.

What kind of circus is going on? :face-with-steam-from-nose: Every other day someone comes and start crying that I don't get RPs for this date, that date. For last time and sake of it, be clear that you will get RPs no matter where you did txn. RPs take times and max. time is 30 days.

If you keep doing like this, you will infuriate CASHBACK & RPs DEVTA aka Chota Kuber and all this will stop for once and all.

Shaant mahapurush!! Shaaant 🙂

Last edited:

Did the CC bill payment on free charge via Virtual DC didn't get the RP yet 😂 😂 😂

I am not getting any points since 28 May 2024 for txns on Mobikwik. Now what? If you are getting points that doesn't mean everyone are getting. Let others raise their voice. If you don't want to answer then just ignore replies or better ignore thread itself. People join communities to exchange issues and possible solutions. Just chill and let us comment.

Did the CC bill payment on free charge via Virtual DC didn't get the RP yet 😂 😂 😂
You will get it. One of my txns took 27 days also in past and I found out some txns stuck in system don't get tracked for RPs. Recently it was a txn that was provided RPs after 21 days. For txn between that txn, all other came but it came late.

I give you an example. Once I did txn with HDFC CC on smartbuy. It was a Rs.2K voucher. Txn was successful and reflected in Authorization amount. When statement generated this 2K txn was missing and I found it was nowhere to find at HDFC netbanking also with limit also increased. The 5% cashback which had to come also didn't came as txn didn't settled due to amount not claimed by smartbuy because of error at their end. So HDFC released it back. I let it go as I had the 2K voucher. After 63 days (2 statement generated in between), this txn shown in unbilled txns and also the Rs.100 Sbuy cashback was credited and I had to pay Rs.1900 after 3 months.

For debit card if such things don't happen as money is debited from acc. instantly but sometimes txns are not tracked and when system is reconciled, it provides Reward Points for txns which due to error don't account for. Abhi aapne banks ko sirf bahar se samjha hai. IT systems are not full proof. Many times a day system at server ends face difficulty but 90-97% people get things on time.

Yaha logo ko yeh toh pata hai problem kya aa rahi hai. Kyu aa rahi hai aur kya solution hai us se lene dena nahi hai. Jab mere points nahi aaye toh I looked for answer as why it delayed and answer was in front of me when I analyzed all txns. Many times the payment processor which in your case is Freecharge failed to send back success message to SBI and it stucks as delayed response from merchant at SBI end. So RPs stuck and reasons can be many.

Paytm now charging me 3 Rs convenience fee for 1k cc bill payment for paying via debit card. That's 0.3% and defeats the reward points itself.
Unipay, here I come...

Back