• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Unipay: Credit Card Bill Payments Failed - Customers Struggle with Refunds

If you are looking to pay hdfc credit card bill then it's not available on hdfc billpay. Use SBI Unipay. Hdfc platinum DC give 1% cashback and sbi DC gives 0.25% cashback through reward points.
Okay, but is sbi unipay now reliable or still with lot of failures?

Many people are facing problems with SBI Unipay, a bill payment portal of State Bank Of India.

The Problem:
1. Few customers paid their credit card bills via the SBI Unity portal. Payment was deducted from their bank account (payment was successful), but the bill payment failed. According to SBI Unipay, customers should get their refund within 3 to 4 working days, but even after 10 days, many people didn't receive their refund.
2. Such failed transactions are not showing on the Unipay portal, so customers cannot directly file complaints on the same portal (you have to select the transaction to raise a complaint).
3. The email ID mentioned on the Unipay portal is not responding to customer emails. Even after 3 or 4 follow-ups, there has been no reply, not even an automatic reply from SBI. Customers are helpless and trying to contact SBI on Twitter, but still, their issue is not getting resolved.

Surprisingly, this Unipay portal is not a startup; it is a part of State Bank of India, India's largest bank (in terms of number of total customers). Such an act is not expected from a bank like SBI.

Here is how you can contact SBI Unity to resolve your issue:
  1. Tag SBI and post your issue on X (Twitter).
  2. Email your issue to rinb.customer@sbi.co.in
Hopefully, your problem will be resolved. If SBI still does not solve your problem, you can file a complaint with the RBI.
How to file a complaint with the RBI? Step-by-step guide, click here.

Don't forget to ask for compensation as per the RBI guidelines RBI/2019-20/67 DPSS.CO.PD No.629/02.01.014/2019-20 dated September 20, 2019. You can ask for Rs. 100 per day compensation if the refund doesn't happen within 5 days after making the transaction. Here is the screenshot of the guidelines
View attachment 49117
(PDF copy attached)
I paid a cc bill on the portal on 14th June. Debit is seen in my source account but still not credited to the cc a/c. The portal doesn't even show the transaction. What do you advise in this scenario? I have already written to all possible email ids given in the thread. No solution given till now. What is the probability of the payment completing? Or will I get my money back? Should I make the cc bill payment through a credible channel like cred already? Kindly help.

I paid a cc bill on the portal on 14th June. Debit is seen in my source account but still not credited to the cc a/c. The portal doesn't even show the transaction. What do you advise in this scenario? I have already written to all possible email ids given in the thread. No solution given till now. What is the probability of the payment completing? Or will I get my money back? Should I make the cc bill payment through a credible channel like cred already? Kindly help.
If your due date is near than I would suggest you to atleast make a payment of minimum amount due through other more reliable platform immediately. So even if your payment doesn't get credited you would still be safe from late payment marker on your credit report. And as for the refunds from SBI unipay, it may take anywhere from 4 - 5 working days to about a month.

If your due date is near than I would suggest you to atleast make a payment of minimum amount due through other more reliable platform immediately. So even if your payment doesn't get credited you would still be safe from late payment marker on your credit report. And as for the refunds from SBI unipay, it may take anywhere from 4 - 5 working days to about a month.
Thank you for the response. I would not mind paying the full amount again. My only worry is getting the refund since the portal does not show transaction history at all, there is no failed transaction info also. Hope the refund is assured even if it takes time.

Used SBI unipay for seven times in the last two months. All transactions are successful. DBS and Amex are well integrated. Amount gets credited within seconds. SMS from AMEX and DBS within 10 seconds.

Sbi unipay clearly shows all earlier transactions with full details
Paid three times for HDFC CC.
Got credited to HDFC with in three days

Thank you for the response. I would not mind paying the full amount again. My only worry is getting the refund since the portal does not show transaction history at all, there is no failed transaction info also. Hope the refund is assured even if it takes time.
Same thing happened with me 2 months ago. Money debited and no record of transaction in history. I received my refund after about 20 days. I see that you have already sent email to all the addresses mentioned in this thread, but still just in case you haven't sent to this address then send email on this address which is

support.bbps@sbi.co.in

I received a reply from them only through this address. Many people faced this issue and all of them received their refunds so don't worry and just wait patiently, you should get your money soon. Many even received their refunds without even raising any complaint.

Used SBI unipay for seven times in the last two months. All transactions are successful. DBS and Amex are well integrated. Amount gets credited within seconds. SMS from AMEX and DBS within 10 seconds.

Nowadays unipay is much more stable but some time ago they had this problem where money was getting debited and not credited in cc account and also no record of transaction in history at all. It is less common now but occasionally it still happens.

Same thing happened with me 2 months ago. Money debited and no record of transaction in history. I received my refund after about 20 days. I see that you have already sent email to all the addresses mentioned in this thread, but still just in case you haven't sent to this address then send email on this address which is

support.bbps@sbi.co.in

I received a reply from them only through this address. Many people faced this issue and all of them received their refunds so don't worry and just wait patiently, you should get your money soon. Many even received their refunds without even raising any complaint.
I have mailed these guys too. Yet to receive positive response. This also means that I need to pay the cc bill without waiting for the payment to be completed by SBI Unipay. Cannot hope for it is what I understand from your response.
Thanks for the info, I have more clarity now.
I previously paid HDFC CC bills 3 times and didn't face this issue. But this time :(

I too have paid HDFC CC bills without any issue. That made me feel good and I tried for the 4th time and this happened :(

I have mailed these guys too. Yet to receive positive response. This also means that I need to pay the cc bill without waiting for the payment to be completed by SBI Unipay. Cannot hope for it is what I understand from your response.
I previously paid HDFC CC bills 3 times and didn't face this issue. But this time :(
Although from what I have experienced myself and from reading other people's comments here the chance of your payment being successful is less. But to be sure and only and only if you have many more days before your cc bill due date, you may wait for two or three more days and if your payment is still not reflected by then, you can go ahead and make a new payment. But if your due date is near then don't wait and make a payment immediately.

Please contact them Landline number is :-022-27560267 or 022-27560266 and email ID: merchant@sbi.co.in. mine also stuck with failed payment no refund. when i have contacted them i got the refund within 5 hours

Although from what I have experienced myself and from reading other people's comments here the chance of your payment being successful is less. But to be sure and only and only if you have many more days before your cc bill due date, you may wait for two or three more days and if your payment is still not reflected by then, you can go ahead and make a new payment. But if your due date is near then don't wait and make a payment immediately.
I will wait, due date is 12 days ahead.

Please contact them Landline number is :-022-27560267 or 022-27560266 and email ID: merchant@sbi.co.in. mine also stuck with failed payment no refund. when i have contacted them i got the refund within 5 hours
My transaction has not failed. It has vanished into thin air. So, a bit concerned.
I contacted them on phone too. But they are asking for transaction id. I don't have it since the transaction is not at all registered in Unipay.
I will be happy if I get a refund. That is all I am praying for :)

I got a refund today 😌
Thanks @rockyBalboa !

Paid CC bill on Sbi Unipay, transaction failed and amount is debited from HDFC Debit card. No refund received yet after 15 days. nobody replying to Email, Raise complaint option is also not working. Very poor service. Planning to initiate a chargeback if not resolved in next few days.

Paid CC bill on Sbi Unipay, transaction failed and amount is debited from HDFC Debit card. No refund received yet after 15 days. nobody replying to Email, Raise complaint option is also not working. Very poor service. Planning to initiate a chargeback if not resolved in next few days.
Wait for few more days. It'll get refunded back automatically

Back