• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SC Smart Cashback Query

Rohan

TF Premier
Hello community!!

Can anyone clarify SC smart cashback related query..

Do we earn cashback per statement like Ace?? or Monthly (Like transactions are calculated from 1st of every till end of the month)

In website (Get 2%* cashback on all your Online spends, up to a maximum of Rs 1000 per month.) but not sure is it for real!

Dear Client, From 21-Aug-2024, monthly cashback earned on your Smart Credit Card (2% on Online and 1% on other spends) will be capped at "Client Level" with primary and supplementary cardholders clubbed together and not at an individual card level. FAQs bit.ly/3LqW6xl T&C bit.ly/468H20E -
StanChart

What is mean by client level capping?

Dear Client, From 21-Aug-2024, monthly cashback earned on your Smart Credit Card (2% on Online and 1% on other spends) will be capped at "Client Level" with primary and supplementary cardholders clubbed together and not at an individual card level. FAQs bit.ly/3LqW6xl T&C bit.ly/468H20E -
StanChart

2% overall cashback all card’s including supplementary and primary, may be existing cashback per card like 2% for primary card holder and 2% for add on card holders so 2000rs instead 1000 per month cap! Just now received SMS

StanChart

I too read the tnC of this card after recieving this sms and now I feel I could have juiced this feature a bit more thru addon cards....

So earlier, it looks like they used to provide 2% online cashback (which was capped at 1000) at card level.. meaning if you have primary card and addon(supplement) card you could have made 1k on 50k purchase(on primary) and another 1k on 50k purchase(on addon). Hence they calculated cashback at card level instead of account (client) level.

From 21 aug, they are changing their policy so that all spends done either on primary or addon are clubbed and we can get 1k max. (basically like any other bank).

Is the add on Ltf or joining charges applies?

addon for any bank usually issuance charges applies, rest like LTF or Joining charges are only to primary holders, add-ons after issuance is free for most of the banks.

mostly banks offer free add-ons 1 or 2, later only they'll charge except some very few banks who might charge even for 1st add-on.

SC its free, remaining fee related only primary holder have to pay if any.

addon for any bank usually issuance charges applies, rest like LTF or Joining charges are only to primary holders, add-ons after issuance is free for most of the banks.

mostly banks offer free add-ons 1 or 2, later only they'll charge except some very few banks who might charge even for 1st add-on.

SC its free, remaining fee related only primary holder have to pay if any.
So have to visit branch?

Does paying rent via nobroker app will give 2% CB points ?
I am aware of the 1.18% extra charged by SC on this. Also can't pay via any other app as the house is rented via no broker only.

I too read the tnC of this card after recieving this sms and now I feel I could have juiced this feature a bit more thru addon cards....

So earlier, it looks like they used to provide 2% online cashback (which was capped at 1000) at card level.. meaning if you have primary card and addon(supplement) card you could have made 1k on 50k purchase(on primary) and another 1k on 50k purchase(on addon). Hence they calculated cashback at card level instead of account (client) level.

From 21 aug, they are changing their policy so that all spends done either on primary or addon are clubbed and we can get 1k max. (basically like any other bank).
Huh, now I get it. The real reason for them to revamp their system is to basically fix the bug and track the cashback/rewards at an account level hence they have created seperate credit card account for each cards. Here, I thought they were going to improve their reward redemption catalogue.

Last edited:
Huh, now I get it. The real reason for them to revamp their system is to basically fix the bug and track the cashback/rewards at an account level hence they have created seperate credit card account for each cards. Here, I thought they were going to improve their reward redemption catalogue.
They had one more bug that cashback didn't use to get reversed on transaction reversal. Seems like that is fixed as well. Or atleast the points of those transactions are reversed into cashback.

Only good thing is that they have 2% cashback , but reversed only 0.8% reward points and while merging they maintained the 1:1 ratio from reward points to cashback. So, it's still 1.2% net profit.

Back