• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SC Ultimate (Standard Chartered Ultimate) Upgrade Suggestion

anish1516

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello!!!

Recently I have been receiving calls to upgrade my Manhattan Card to Ultimate card. My Manhattan card is free and the Ultimate would cost Rs. 5000 plus taxes every year. Here they are offering 5000 reward points on every renewal without any conditions. So effectively the card costs me Rs. 900 approx. Now my query is should I go for it? Right now I have decent number of cards. Don't have too much utility expenses. Use my Infinia for offline shopping and SBI Cashback for Online. Please suggest if it's worth to pay fee for SC Ultimate?

Got a nice package from standard chartered. My primary standard chartered supervalue titanium card was upgraded to Ultimate. In the process the add on card remained super value titanium getting best of both cashback and reward points.

Thankyou, I want to take Ultimate Card, in which they say 1 Reward point is 1 rupee, is it for the statement? Can I redeem in cash or statement cycle?
Only option is redeeming on those vouchers in the list. Take the card only if you like any of these vouchers.

Also min spend of 3L is required to accumulate 10K points for redemption against those vouchers. Spends will have to be more than 3-4L if you use card on special categories such as utilities, govt spends, education, rent etc

I have again called two times today. Customer care is saying we can’t take request for card over call, you have to apply online only or via branch. She also said you as per policy you cannot own two Standard Chartered Cards.
1 Re authentication is not working anymore. They are blatantly ignoring customers saying we are not taking any requests for new card via customer care.
Has anybody succeed in applying 2nd card via customer care in recent times ?
Not true, i have 2 SCB cards and both of them are core cards and not co-branded cards.

Only option is redeeming on those vouchers in the list. Take the card only if you like any of these vouchers.

Also min spend of 3L is required to accumulate 10K points for redemption against those vouchers. Spends will have to be more than 3-4L if you use card on special categories such as utilities, govt spends, education, rent etc
Also will like to add here that there is no guarantee the vouchers you like today will be available when you are going to actually redeem them.

Back