• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SC Ultimate (Standard Chartered Ultimate) Upgrade Suggestion

anish1516

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello!!!

Recently I have been receiving calls to upgrade my Manhattan Card to Ultimate card. My Manhattan card is free and the Ultimate would cost Rs. 5000 plus taxes every year. Here they are offering 5000 reward points on every renewal without any conditions. So effectively the card costs me Rs. 900 approx. Now my query is should I go for it? Right now I have decent number of cards. Don't have too much utility expenses. Use my Infinia for offline shopping and SBI Cashback for Online. Please suggest if it's worth to pay fee for SC Ultimate?

I had the SC Ultimate. The problem is even if you find some redemption option it will be unavailable when you are actually going to redeem it. When I applied for ultimate card I liked the Decathlon gift voucher. I accumulated reward points to buy Decathlon voucher but when I had enough points Decathlon voucher was not available. I had to redeem for all the useless options.
Yes, this is a real problem for SC.

SC customer care still not taking any card requests whether new or existing users. She just told to apply via website. I wanna apply for SC Smart, already hold ultimate thinking to close it by this month end.
Please let me know on which contact no they are taking requests for new card for existing users.
Mine was registered yesterday over call.
Under process
Expected closure : Sep 19th

You may try again with different agent stating that for your existing card you don't have enough points/cashback to redeem and you want to continue both cards.
Strange! When I asked for SC Smart over call, they told me that they can only provide an upgrade to SC Ultimate with one - time joining fees (with almost equal reward points). But I declined.
what do u mean by one. time joining fee.. r u saying after year 1 no annual fee for life??

very unlikely.. have heard this for the first time... if they give this in writing take the card with your eyes closed.. one time fee is a super deal and never heard of on scb ult
I already asked him to mail me these details, and he said ok sir I will make sure to send these on email. Sadly, their mail never arrived. Looks like he was lying.

I already asked him to mail me these details, and he said ok sir I will make sure to send these on email. Sadly, their mail never arrived. Looks like he was lying.
yeah... i have an scb ult.. less utility if u already have dcb or infinia or any premium axis card.. except for some. places where scb still gives some points..

During the maintenance, my ultimate card credited with some RPs but same day debited twice without a reason and customer care saying it's a BURN points like an expired points, crazy things is my card is not even 2 year old and their points will expire only after 3 years from the date of credit, when I say this to them, simply created a ticket and TAT is 15 days. Testing my patience a lot.

I have again called two times today. Customer care is saying we can’t take request for card over call, you have to apply online only or via branch. She also said you as per policy you cannot own two Standard Chartered Cards.
1 Re authentication is not working anymore. They are blatantly ignoring customers saying we are not taking any requests for new card via customer care.
Has anybody succeed in applying 2nd card via customer care in recent times ?

I have again called two times today. Customer care is saying we can’t take request for card over call, you have to apply online only or via branch. She also said you as per policy you cannot own two Standard Chartered Cards.
1 Re authentication is not working anymore. They are blatantly ignoring customers saying we are not taking any requests for new card via customer care.
Has anybody succeed in applying 2nd card via customer care in recent times ?
Keep trying with different with agents. Someone will take your request. Some of them are just ignorant about their own bank policies.

Back