• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SC Ultimate | Time to close the card?

Taj vouchers are not currently available in SC Ultimate redemption Catalog. It only has Marriott and ITC vouchers

Taj vouchers are not currently available in SC Ultimate redemption Catalog. It only has Marriott and ITC vouchers
Is it? then it will be of no use for me...
But I was getting it in my Paltinum rewards catalog may be 10 days before...
Whether the catalog is different for ultimate?

Taj voucher is not available since last 6-7 months or so for Ultimate. I will check again on 26th as currently their reward system is under maintenance

I'm getting the card pre-approved with 5K + GST (Customer care agents claim after paying the fees, you get reward points worth the same amount), but according to experts here, this card is not advisable.
Utility of this card depends purely upon one’s use case.

will you elaborate how it is serving you well?
Have shared my perspective and use cases on these posts. Go through the conversations following these posts to get a gist:

Post in thread 'Best card for offline spends'
https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/best-card-for-offline-spends.27436/post-756076

Post in thread 'Thinking of downgrading SC Ultimate'
https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/thinking-of-downgrading-sc-ultimate.18958/post-407519

Post in thread 'Query about SC Ultimate Rent payment & lounge access'
https://www.technofino.in/community...-rent-payment-lounge-access.26036/post-631316

Post in thread 'Best Way to use SC Ultimate Credit Card'
https://www.technofino.in/community...use-sc-ultimate-credit-card.14024/post-464147

Post in thread 'SC Ultimate as primary card over DCB due to the additional 1% from HDFC Billpay?'
https://www.technofino.in/community...itional-1-from-hdfc-billpay.19894/post-464098

Post in thread 'SC Ultimate | Time to close the card?'
https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/sc-ultimate-time-to-close-the-card.28699/post-708310

Last edited:
Don't know about BoB but I understand they have statement credit. They also have better upfront discount offers as well, unlike SCB that hardly gives any. Plat Travel has to be all and only about reaching that spend limit, if you can't, not sure there is much point holding it.
But as for SC Ultimate, the 3.3 percent for most, would just be a fiction, you are very unlikely to derive much value from that absolute junkyard of a reward catalog that they have! They've been calling often with a card 'Upgrade' offer on my Super Value Titanium, but I am any day happy with the Titanium with the little cashback than this once solid, now disgrace of a card! Best case would be to downgrade to SC Smart if you have to retain the limit. Will provide less in numbers but real value for your spends.

I have closed BOB Eterna, Amex plat travel in last year, was in same boat as u
Have SC Titanium card ltf with upgrade offers to SC Ult, but will not opt it
Taj vouchers even if there in catalogue, i will not upgrade as there is no surety of voucher usage and u have to book in full rates and not go by any tata neu offers/shareholder offer

I have closed BOB Eterna, Amex plat travel in last year, was in same boat as u
Have SC Titanium card ltf with upgrade offers to SC Ult, but will not opt it
Taj vouchers even if there in catalogue, i will not upgrade as there is no surety of voucher usage and u have to book in full rates and not go by any tata neu offers/shareholder offer
Taj Vouchers given by SC redemption are Taj Experience vouchers which work on all types of discounted rates. Only Amex Taj vouchers have issue on discounted rates

But Anyways, Taj vouchers are not available since last 6-7 months, so it does not matter

I have attached the screenshot of the list of vouchers currently available for SC Ultimate, if anyone finds it useful. I was getting upgrade offer from Smart card but took it as a seperate card so that I have an option to cancel it and continue with Smart card. Apart from Fabindia, I don't think there is any useful voucher for me and even then I am reluctant to spend 5k-10k at Fabindia. I thought since they were revamping the system they might add some useful vouchers, but looking at the reward catalogue I am not sure whether I will be activating the card and it should be cancelled after 30 days if I don't activate it. In the worst case, if someone is selling the vouchers for hard cash, he is not really getting 3.3% value back from this card.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240906-120440.webp
    Screenshot_20240906-120440.webp
    61.8 KB · Views: 18
Just wanted to get some insight on how many days SC will take to process the credit card application and is there any way to track the status??
Since, I was an existing cc holder. My application was processed within 24-48 hrs and I could see the virtual card in the app. CC agent said that the physical card would be delivered within 7 days. I am not sure about the timeline of the applications for new customers, others can comment or you can reach out to cc agent for status update or any link for tracking.

Since, I was an existing cc holder. My application was processed within 24-48 hrs and I could see the virtual card in the app. CC agent said that the physical card would be delivered within 7 days. I am not sure about the timeline of the applications for new customers, others can comment or you can reach out to cc agent for status update or any link for tracking.
did you choose at the start of application as existing customer ? if I choose it, then billdesk open with blank page

did you choose at the start of application as existing customer ? if I choose it, then billdesk open with blank page
Yes, I also have seen that. For my case the entire thing happened over a call with cc agent only, I did not apply through website.

It was not a particular agent, I received the call from bank's landline number.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240906-212429.webp
    Screenshot_20240906-212429.webp
    77.3 KB · Views: 4
Back