• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SC Ultimate | Time to close the card?

I have had SCU for 5 years now and it has served well. Agree that the devaluation some time back reduced its appeal a lot but i am still able to derive enough value. Since you effectively pay 900/- , if you are able to derive 10K in a year its definitely worth it. I am able to easily extract 20-30K. Apart from Marriott vouchers which always come in handy , i have used decathlon vouchers. I also got Samsonite luggage which is generally pricey but something i prefer. The voucher catalogue is not as good as it used to be but still decent for the 900 bucks.

I have had SCU for 5 years now and it has served well. Agree that the devaluation some time back reduced its appeal a lot but i am still able to derive enough value. Since you effectively pay 900/- , if you are able to derive 10K in a year its definitely worth it. I am able to easily extract 20-30K. Apart from Marriott vouchers which always come in handy , i have used decathlon vouchers. I also got Samsonite luggage which is generally pricey but something i prefer. The voucher catalogue is not as good as it used to be but still decent for the 900 bucks.
I find good value with the Ultimate credit card and its the only card that provides me value where I am spending with the card.

The problem is that the redemption options keep reducing. For e.g. I do not see the Decathlon vouchers you mentioned or taj vouchers any more.

I do expect them to improve the rewards in the near future but I cannot keep waiting considering their speed of upgradation.

Add to that the recent baggage of issues and one finds it hard to stick with the Ultimate.

Back