• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Schengen Visa question: Can I enter Schengen area in a different country than the country which issued me visa?

telescope

TF Ace
How about point of entry? Hope same financial docs can be used for Schengen too
Yes financial docs required for Schengen visa. Visit vfs global website for more information. Try to give your intended port of entry and apply from that embassy. But, even if you later enter Europe with another airport, no problem.

vinrey287

TF Premier
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Yes financial docs required for Schengen visa. Visit vfs global website for more information. Try to give your intended port of entry and apply from that embassy. But, even if you later enter Europe with another airport, no problem.
Planning to use Eurostar from London to Paris. Is it fine or need airport as entry point?

Three times I got my Schengen Visa from Malta. Twice from their New Delhi consulate and once upon-arrival. Spent longest time in Malta - on every visit. Cumulatively, been to 11 countries of Schengen, besides UK (once part of the block - now out of it).

Never faced any issue. Genuine trips, genuine tour plans, geuine papers n no made-ups. Always had pleasant trips.

Three times I got my Schengen Visa from Malta. Twice from their New Delhi consulate and once upon-arrival. Spent longest time in Malta - on every visit. Cumulatively, been to 11 countries of Schengen, besides UK (once part of the block - now out of it).

Never faced any issue. Genuine trips, genuine tour plans, geuine papers n no made-ups. Always had pleasant trips.
you meant European Union, UK was never part of schengen space also as far i know, EU/Schengen visa's are not available on arrival for Indian passport holders or for anyone. you either need to apply or exempt ( depend on passport )

Planning to use Eurostar from London to Paris. Is it fine or need airport as entry point?
I can provide additional information to assist you in the process.

When applying for a Schengen Visa, you can apply from any country within the Schengen Area. The common practice is to apply from the country of your first entry or where you will spend the most days. For example, if you are traveling from the UK to France (2 nights) via the Eurostar, then to Belgium (3 nights), you can also apply from the Belgium embassy by stating that you will spend the most time in that country.

Additionally, you will need to submit additional documents to support your trip, such as your UK visa, confirmed or reserved train tickets (if available), and proof of your return to the UK (assuming you are returning there).

Once visa is approved and on your passport, you can take any route Air, Sea or land to reach as long as you have all the documents.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi Folks,
Needed an answer to this. Can I enter Schengen area in a different country than the country which issued me Schengen? In my case, I have a Denmark Schengen visa but landing in Austria (I have all travel & stay documents to show that I’m traveling to Denmark the day after landing in Austria)

Anyone who has faced this situation and can throw some light ?
no issues.. can enter.. they may ask a Q, you can be truthful.. chg of plans

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace

Hey! It would be great if you could share with us how you were able to obtain a Schengen visa upon arrival.

Hey! It would be great if you could share with us how you were able to obtain a Schengen visa upon arrival.
curious as well - i will be shocked if possible for Indian passport holder.

European union commission is debating to add Schengen visa for Britishers so having on arrival for Indians seems unlikely

Dash

TF Buzz
Hi Folks,
Needed an answer to this. Can I enter Schengen area in a different country than the country which issued me Schengen? In my case, I have a Denmark Schengen visa but landing in Austria (I have all travel & stay documents to show that I’m traveling to Denmark the day after landing in Austria)

Anyone who has faced this situation and can throw some light ?
Yes its possible. You can roam around europe with the same visa. Take eurail pass for that.

Could you please explain how you got the Schengen visa on arrival?

My wife is an invited speaker at two International Conferences held in London and at Malta. All the needed papers were submitted at Delhi to the Maltese and UK Authorities by their organizers. We booked our tickets and hotel stays in 5 remaining countries. Gave our tour plan in a detailed manner. Based on that, our Visas were to be given by UK and Malta. UK gave perfect Visas (Multi entry). But, Malta Delhi office made a mess. They gave a single entry Schengen Visa (printed as a code) instead of letter S. Without looking at our detailed tour plan and the enclosed hotel/flight tickets. As we do not know about that unique code, we did not care much as it is a semi-official trip. We landed in Paris. Did my office work. Toured 4 countries then moved to London for the 1st conference. It was a smooth affair. And, we went to board Air Malta in Gatwik airport. They said it is NOT possible. And, we need to go back to India and apply afresh for an entry into Malta. The 2nd conference would start in 4 days time. I spoke to Air Malta Chief and a couple of Border Security Chiefs (of Malta) and the Indian High Commission guys in London. Nothing was fruitful. So, we both booked our flight back home. Spent over a lakh for each ticket booked in LHR.

Forget about the money, we wanted to prove them wrong and we took the fight into their (Maltese) territory. Spoke to Maltese Home Minister and a couple of higher up Politicians. Through the organizers. In UK and in Malta. We stayed in BVB's Bhavan's Centre in London. It took 2 days to get things sorted out. We proved that Malta's Delhi office screwed up things. And, they had no choice but to agree to permit us to enter Malta by giving a special category Visa - upon arrival.

Like how they show in Movies, the same Air Malta guys, in Gatwik welcomed us in to the flight without "immigration exit stamps" in our passports. And, without a single entry in our passports, we vanished in London and landed in Malta. At 02.30 am. Received by the organizers. And, a band of Maltese Army (Border Security guys) and Home Ministry official(s) and other Maltese Politicos. And, we got our visas on arrival.

From the main land Malta island to Gozo island - where the conference was being held in Hotel Cornucopia - a 5 star property - we had to travel by a
huge Ferry - Gozo Lines. And, landed in Malta at 7 am. Conference started at 10 am. After that, we went to Italy, Venice, Rome and returned home.

After that adventure, we went to Malta twice. No issues.

So, technically, we are still in UK - in London to be precise - as there are no exit stamps in our Passports.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
My wife is an invited speaker at two International Conferences held in London and at Malta. All the needed papers were submitted at Delhi to the Maltese and UK Authorities by their organizers. We booked our tickets and hotel stays in 5 remaining countries. Gave our tour plan in a detailed manner. Based on that, our Visas were to be given by UK and Malta. UK gave perfect Visas (Multi entry). But, Malta Delhi office made a mess. They gave a single entry Schengen Visa (printed as a code) instead of letter S. Without looking at our detailed tour plan and the enclosed hotel/flight tickets. As we do not know about that unique code, we did not care much as it is a semi-official trip. We landed in Paris. Did my office work. Toured 4 countries then moved to London for the 1st conference. It was a smooth affair. And, we went to board Air Malta in Gatwik airport. They said it is NOT possible. And, we need to go back to India and apply afresh for an entry into Malta. The 2nd conference would start in 4 days time. I spoke to Air Malta Chief and a couple of Border Security Chiefs (of Malta) and the Indian High Commission guys in London. Nothing was fruitful. So, we both booked our flight back home. Spent over a lakh for each ticket booked in LHR.

Forget about the money, we wanted to prove them wrong and we took the fight into their (Maltese) territory. Spoke to Maltese Home Minister and a couple of higher up Politicians. Through the organizers. In UK and in Malta. We stayed in BVB's Bhavan's Centre in London. It took 2 days to get things sorted out. We proved that Malta's Delhi office screwed up things. And, they had no choice but to agree to permit us to enter Malta by giving a special category Visa - upon arrival.

Like how they show in Movies, the same Air Malta guys, in Gatwik welcomed us in to the flight without "immigration exit stamps" in our passports. And, without a single entry in our passports, we vanished in London and landed in Malta. At 02.30 am. Received by the organizers. And, a band of Maltese Army (Border Security guys) and Home Ministry official(s) and other Maltese Politicos. And, we got our visas on arrival.

From the main land Malta island to Gozo island - where the conference was being held in Hotel Cornucopia - a 5 star property - we had to travel by a
huge Ferry - Gozo Lines. And, landed in Malta at 7 am. Conference started at 10 am. After that, we went to Italy, Venice, Rome and returned home.

After that adventure, we went to Malta twice. No issues.

So, technically, we are still in UK - in London to be precise - as there are no exit stamps in our Passports.
Wow. Thank you for sharing this. When you said you received a Schengen VOA, this is definitely not what I had in mind. As bizarre as this sounds, I wish I could have something like this happen to me. XD
I live for the adventure, even if it means enduring a lot of discomforts and bearing significant monetary losses. This is something out of the regular and is some story to tell. Though it took some grit and perseverance, I'm glad you managed to fight your way into accessing the Schengen region the second time around. May I inquire when all this occurred? Almost every airline these days diligently check for the applicable visas before even being allowed to board the plane, so I'm guessing this happened quite a while back.

Wow. Thank you for sharing this. When you said you received a Schengen VOA, this is definitely not what I had in mind. As bizarre as this sounds, I wish I could have something like this happen to me. XD
I live for the adventure, even if it means enduring a lot of discomforts and bearing significant monetary losses. This is something out of the regular and is some story to tell. Though it took some grit and perseverance, I'm glad you managed to fight your way into accessing the Schengen region the second time around. May I inquire when all this occurred? Almost every airline these days diligently check for the applicable visas before even being allowed to board the plane, so I'm guessing this happened quite a while back.

May 2015.

It was BUSINESS VISA given by Malta Authorities in Delhi.

Upon Arrival, what we got at the Malta International Airport was BORDER VISA.

For our subsequent visits, type of Visa not mentioned by Malta authorities in Delhi.

We hold our 4th passport now.

In our 1st passport - there are a couple of interesting facts.

On one of the remarks pages, our immigration team certified that I was carrying some valuable electronic/electric items - like SLR camera, stereo walkman and a digital diary. We have to show them when we return.

The forex amount I carry was also certified on forex pages - in currency n in Travellers Cheques. No CCs then in those days.

Remembering those wonder-filled travel days...