• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I get a Forex card or No markup DC

sangalaviral

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

I am going on a month long US trip and contemplating if I should use a Forex card or a No markup DC?

I have checked Bookmyforex and they are charging about 15p when loading and about 80p when unloading.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
F
Hi All,

I am going on a month long US trip and contemplating if I should use a Forex card or a No markup DC?

I have checked Bookmyforex and they are charging about 15p when loading and about 80p when unloading.
For a month long US trip , I would suggest best option will be to use Reserve if you have otherwise Magnus and as a backup keep 0 forex DC , maybe RBl Signature plus or IndusInd Exclusive

agentneo

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
For my journey to Australia and the United States, I chose the Regalia Forex card, which provides free money conversion from USD to any other currency. I don't have to redeem it once the trip is over. Their website is decent compared to others. I brought it over offer of 1000USD to get free processing fees. I used to have a BookMyForex Axis card and had an unpleasant experience with it. Their website is also terrible.

Hi guys, I am also travelling to US for 2 weeks on June month. I have HDFC Diners Black, IDFC First Wealth and ICICI Sapphiro cards. My hotel and flight will be paid by company. I need for travel (Lyft app) on some days, food + tips (meals on few days outside of company) and shopping (iphone, GoPro, dresses, etc.,). Also few colleagues traveling with me are taking Forex card anyway.

Should I take Forex card or use my Credit cards itself? At what dollars rate will be charged in credit card? Actual rate (like Google search results) or bank rates (higher usually)?
Also, I definitely need some cash (~100 dollars) in hand for emergency purpose.

Last edited:

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hi guys, I am also travelling to US for 2 weeks on June month. I have HDFC Diners Black, IDFC First Wealth and ICICI Sapphiro cards. My hotel and flight will be paid by company. I need for travel (Lyft app) on some days, food + tips (meals on few days outside of company) and shopping (iphone, GoPro, dresses, etc.,). Also few colleagues traveling with me are taking Forex card anyway.

Should I take Forex card or use my Credit cards itself? I definitely need some cash (~100 dollars) in hand for emergency purpose.
Use IDFC wealth and get 10x RP on spends
Net benefit will be 0.7%