• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Smartbuy Amazon Pay voucher limit Rs. 20000/-

Gaurav_96

TF Premier
voucher can be used only for purchases and not for all payments. say utility payments. if you receive a gift card then that amount gets credited to pay balance and can be used for anything . someone mentioned about being able to buy such gift cards and top up pay balance. hence the query
sir, don't get confused between voucher/gift card terminology. Both are synonymous.

For all rounder purchase on Amazon and outside Amazon (where amazon wallet is accepted), buy Apay vouchers/gift cards.

For buying physical goods on Amazon (Shopping), then only purchase Amazon shopping voucher/gift cards.

Lord Silvr

TF Select
VIP Lounge
sir, don't get confused between voucher/gift card terminology. Both are synonymous.

For all rounder purchase on Amazon and outside Amazon (where amazon wallet is accepted), buy Apay vouchers/gift cards.

For buying physical goods on Amazon (Shopping), then only purchase Amazon shopping voucher/gift cards.
Correctly summarised.
Amazon Pay Vouchers are more dynamic and can be used for Mobile Bill / Utility / Insurance / OTT Subscriptions payments, etc.
Amazon Shopping Voucher is strictly for bill payment of shopping physical items at Amazon.in

Additionally, I have been buying 20K Apay from primary Infinia & 20k from 1 Add-on account in family members name.
I believe i received accelerated RPs for both (3300 RPs @ 20,590 (including tax, gst, etc.).
Effective saving works out to be 16.02%.

More experienced members are welcomed to comment further.

saikatCC

TF Buzz
Correctly summarised.
Amazon Pay Vouchers are more dynamic and can be used for Mobile Bill / Utility / Insurance / OTT Subscriptions payments, etc.
Amazon Shopping Voucher is strictly for bill payment of shopping physical items at Amazon.in

Additionally, I have been buying 20K Apay from primary Infinia & 20k from 1 Add-on account in family members name.
I believe i received accelerated RPs for both (3300 RPs @ 20,590 (including tax, gst, etc.).
Effective saving works out to be 16.02%.

More experienced members are welcomed to comment further.
my question is how to choose APay voucher from gyftr? i dont see such an option. When i login to smart buy and click on the amazon tab it takes me to gyftr which only shows shopping voucher. i dont see option to select Apay voucher.

saikatCC

TF Buzz
my question is how to choose APay voucher from gyftr? i dont see such an option. When i login to smart buy and click on the amazon tab it takes me to gyftr which only shows shopping voucher. i dont see option to select Apay voucher.
sorry guys. i found the answer myself. the thing is when you go from smartbuy to gyftr it by default shows the shopping voucher option. one has to select amazon from the top drop down to be able to buy gift card which gets added to amazon pay.

Lord Silvr

TF Select
VIP Lounge
more nahi brother, maximum capping 15K hi h overall combined. But you can buy more vouchers, indeed 🙂
15k Accelerated RPs (2X, 5X, 10X) monthly cap; 200k RPs monthly (includes all spends).
I.E. 90,000 INR @ 16.5 % (5X multiplier) or 45,000 INR @ 33% (10X multiplier).
Add-on cards give you the privilege to buy > monthly limit (APay vouchers Croma vouchers / Reliance digital / Vijay sales, etc.) which might be beneficial for those who have expenses planned accordingly.
Word of caution as always, spend judiciously.

Lord Silvr

TF Select
VIP Lounge
sorry guys. i found the answer myself. the thing is when you go from smartbuy to gyftr it by default shows the shopping voucher option. one has to select amazon from the top drop down to be able to buy gift card which gets added to amazon pay.
Glad you finally found it.
Gyftr has ASV & AGV listed separately.
Simply put, if you are able to buy >20k vouchers (25K in this case), you've selected Amazon Shopping Voucher.
If it gives an error message "Can only buy 20k worth in a month", you're buying Amazon Pay Voucher.

_ayush

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Simply put, if you are able to buy >20k vouchers (25K in this case), you've selected Amazon Shopping Voucher.
If it gives an error message "Can only buy 20k worth in a month", you're buying Amazon Pay Voucher.
Easier way would be to notice 2.5%+GST charges on Pay vouchers. Shopping vouchers have no extra charges on HDFC Gyftr.
Easiest way would be to see whether you are on Pay vouchers page or on Shopping vouchers page.

Lord Silvr

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Easier way would be to notice 2.5%+GST charges on Pay vouchers. Shopping vouchers have no extra charges on HDFC Gyftr.
Easiest way would be to see whether you are on Pay vouchers page or on Shopping vouchers page.
Yes, just takes one wrong buy to know the difference between the two.
After that if someone is repeating the same, welcome to Amazon !

sloth2805

TF Buzz
15k Accelerated RPs (2X, 5X, 10X) monthly cap; 200k RPs monthly (includes all spends).
I.E. 90,000 INR @ 16.5 % (5X multiplier) or 45,000 INR @ 33% (10X multiplier).
Add-on cards give you the privilege to buy > monthly limit (APay vouchers Croma vouchers / Reliance digital / Vijay sales, etc.) which might be beneficial for those who have expenses planned accordingly.
Word of caution as always, spend judiciously.
Actually since accelerated points are capped at 15k (i.e. for 5x spends, 4x are part of the cap, base 1x is not counted in this), you can spend 112,500/month for 5x spends and 50,000/month for 10x spends.

msankadi

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
BTW vouchers are instantly delivered whereas Apay seems to have a wait time. how long?
gyftr is also a highly chor company always trying to push other vouchers or reduce sale of apay vouchers as much as possible...

thats why default landing on amazon shopping voucher, gst conv fee etc, delay in sending apay vouchers, less validity apay vouchers, running out of stock curiously only for apay vouchers, only 100 500 and less denomination apay vouchers available at times ...

basically they feel that they are doing a favor selling you apay vouchers...which is reflected in their actions

I am not complaining as I know I will only do business with them till I make much more money from them then they can make from me

Last edited:

Sriim

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Usually for me, Amazon pay gift cards have been delivered instantly from gyftr via smartbuy. But i tried 10k at 1 am today and 10k at 10.30am today. Haven't received both