• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Smartbuy Amazon Pay voucher limit Rs. 20000/-

msankadi

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yeah like another poster said, you can just say that you want to cancel and reissue to get card with different number. In my case I offered explanation but the CC fellow wasn’t particularly interested to know my reasons.
I called and said the same... But the customer care he said you need to close the addon card and then apply fresh... I gave him reason that otp comes on same number so I want to cancel and reissue addon card... He said reissue will give same card number

Did you close the addon and apply for fresh application or just reissue? He also said he can't block the card and reissue as he will need to block main card too and then same card number will get generated

sloth2805

TF Buzz
I called and said the same... But the customer care he said you need to close the addon card and then apply fresh... I gave him reason that otp comes on same number so I want to cancel and reissue addon card... He said reissue will give same card number

Did you close the addon and apply for fresh application or just reissue? He also said he can't block the card and reissue as he will need to block main card too and then same card number will get generated
My bad. I did not ask for reissue. I closed the existing addons (not block) and applied fresh. If the addon members have hdfc account, keep customer id and basic info handy and this should be pretty straightforward.

I did this process around 10 days back and got cards with different numbers.

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

hi...i closed my existing add on...it will be done in 7 days. Then I will apply new ones from netbanking easily. I assumed this would be easier.

msankadi

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
My bad. I did not ask for reissue. I closed the existing addons (not block) and applied fresh. If the addon members have hdfc account, keep customer id and basic info handy and this should be pretty straightforward.

I did this process around 10 days back and got cards with different numbers.
Ah got it now I understand...I was thinking reissue and not a close/reopen

saikatCC

TF Buzz
Shopping vouchers can only be used for buying stuff. Also you can't purchase most of gift vouchers using this from Amazon.

Amazon pay gift cards allow you to buy everything and also pay most of the bills under amazon pay like electricity, wifi, etc.
but in gyftr do we get to choose what we want to buy? i only see vouchers and not gift cards

Gaurav_96

TF Premier
but in gyftr do we get to choose what we want to buy? i only see vouchers and not gift cards
Do you have to send a voucher as a gift card to your colleague or someone else?

You would have to use templates in order to gift someone a voucher code. Like in Amazon, where you could specify the sender's email ID and the voucher will be sent along with the message you want, it doesn't work like this in SmartBuy.

Also, you could buy whatever you want (among the offered products) on SmartBuy.
Prefer an Amazon Shopping voucher if you are 100% sure that you need that product; otherwise, use Amazon Pay vouchers.

saikatCC

TF Buzz
What is the difference between the two, in your mind?
voucher can be used only for purchases and not for all payments. say utility payments. if you receive a gift card then that amount gets credited to pay balance and can be used for anything . someone mentioned about being able to buy such gift cards and top up pay balance. hence the query