• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

(Solved) Electricity Bills via Airtel Thanks App: Anybody Else Experiencing Issues?

its_karan

TF Ace
Hey friends,

I wanted to check if anyone else is experiencing issues with electricity bills through the Bharat Pay Bill system under the Airtel Thanks app. Over the past few days, I've been trying to pay my bill using the Airtel app and my Airtel Axis Card.
However,
  1. I encountered server errors or
  2. was prompted to enter the amount manually, which means the bill wasn't automatically fetched.

I'm curious if anyone has tried paying a blanket amount like 3300 for a bill of 3297, and if it went through successfully. I really don't want any failures with my electricity connection.
On other note, I've noticed that Amazon Bill Pay is displaying the bill correctly.

Let me know if you have any insights or if you've encountered similar issues. Thanks!

Attachments

• 2WhatsApp Image 2023-05-17 at 12.48.16.jpg
    2WhatsApp Image 2023-05-17 at 12.48.16.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 49
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-05-17 at 12.48.16.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-05-17 at 12.48.16.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 48
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-05-17 at 12.49.02.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-05-17 at 12.49.02.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 49

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey friends,

I wanted to check if anyone else is experiencing issues with electricity bills through the Bharat Pay Bill system under the Airtel Thanks app. Over the past few days, I've been trying to pay my bill using the Airtel app and my Airtel Axis Card.
However,
  2. was prompted to enter the amount manually, which means the bill wasn't automatically fetched.

I'm curious if anyone has tried paying a blanket amount like 3300 for a bill of 3297, and if it went through successfully. I really don't want any failures with my electricity connection.
On other note, I've noticed that Amazon Bill Pay is displaying the bill correctly.

Let me know if you have any insights or if you've encountered similar issues. Thanks!
Same issue i encountered, but i kept trying and after some numerous tries bills were fetched and i was able to pay.

suhasa010

TF Premier
Hey friends,

However,

Yes. Recently I'm facing this issue where it doesn't show the bill amount automatically. I have to check other apps/SMS to pay manually.
Even "unable to fetch bill" error. Tried after 2-3 days. It worked.

vasanth_ece

TF Select
I think if you entered actual bill amount and pay the bill it works. If you already pays the amount from Amazon and tried to pay the difference to reach 3K cap, it will fail.

its_karan

TF Ace
An update for everyone: The bills have been processed.
  • Bills were not automatically fetched, even after trying continuously for 2-3 days. I paid by manually entering the bill value by confirming them exactly as shown on the merchant's end, and it went through.
  • Airtel store and Airtel customer support are non-existent when it comes to resolving any errors in BBPS support, in case any bill fails to reach the merchant, you are on your own.
Airtel BBPS is becoming more and more opaque, and every month it feels like shooting in the dark, hoping that everything will go smoothly, even for a small cashback of 400-500.

Last edited:

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
Today, my Airtel fibre payment using "axis airtel credit card" completed successfully (with a proper debit hold on the credit card and a success message on the payment gateway too) but the Airtel app could not receive a confirmation from the payment gateway.

It has been around 9 hours and I am still waiting for payment to reflect in the app.

Other apps such as amazon, pharmeasy, Paytm and the like have robust systems which provide feedback to the user regarding their payment such as failed or successful.

Earlier, several payments regarding my recharges, and numerous bill payments went through successfully, but this time I am just waiting....

Seems that the Airtel thanks app is proving to be horrible day after day.

Last edited:

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
How many days it takes for electricity bill to show as paid after paying through airtel thanks app using airtel axis card.

I paid on 20th June morning, it was success. But on state electricity app, it's not showing paid yet.