• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Standard chartered cashback debit card

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
This provides 5% cashback up to 500 per month with per transaction limit of 100.

Has anyone opened it with 25k MAB Axess plus savings account?

I saw the card in mobile application instantly. The debit card won’t show in rewards portal. Looks like cashback will be I
I saw the card in mobile application instantly. The debit card won’t show in rewards portal. Looks like cashback will be direct.
I saw the card in mobile application instantly. The debit card won’t show in rewards portal. Looks like cashback will be direct.
Where we can see card details ? I couldn’t see details in app. Could you share a screenshot by hiding details ? Or direct message me

This thread is like heaven to me. I have been trying to upgrade to prime 2L mab account then get the card then downgrade but since there was no guide I was waiting. Now that I found this thread and read everything I think it is time to visit the bank for upgradation😁

I hold SC Premium Savings Account and got this Cashback debit card with it. The MAB is 2L for the premium variant, but my RM told me that it is not compulsory. Usually Premium banking needs 5L MAB as per the rules, but as per my RM, I only had to maintain 5L just for a day, that too on the last day of the month in which you have opened the account. Later you can maintain 2L MAB or even lesser, as my RM told me that he'll get the penalty reversed if there is any.
Anyway, I'm maintaining the 2L MAB + I have opening 5 SIPs from SC invest option.

Perks - You'll get a fully dedicated RM and since SC is really known for its wealth management, mutual fund investments are better carried out here.
Also you're entitled to a complimentary Titanium Cashback Credit card post achieving some total relationship value ( yet to check) and will get invited for Ultimate card as well (not sure when).

I have not received it even once. Waiting for it this month. I think this needs patience like Axis Magnus.
Stopped giving? U think? Then I won't upgrade
I hold SC Premium Savings Account and got this Cashback debit card with it. The MAB is 2L for the premium variant, but my RM told me that it is not compulsory. Usually Premium banking needs 5L MAB as per the rules, but as per my RM, I only had to maintain 5L just for a day, that too on the last day of the month in which you have opened the account. Later you can maintain 2L MAB or even lesser, as my RM told me that he'll get the penalty reversed if there is any.
Anyway, I'm maintaining the 2L MAB + I have opening 5 SIPs from SC invest option.

Perks - You'll get a fully dedicated RM and since SC is really known for its wealth management, mutual fund investments are better carried out here.
Also you're entitled to a complimentary Titanium Cashback Credit card post achieving some total relationship value ( yet to check) and will get invited for Ultimate card as well (not sure when).
The 25k account is good enough for most people. The perks mentioned may be not really perks:

1) Dedicated RM - Unless this is vital, most can skip it
2) mutual funds are best done with direct source which has no hidden charges. These distributors charge unwanted 1-2% which we can save by using something like coin or mutual fund website.
3) complimentary Titanium card - This card is usually given free and I hold it free. It is useless except for fuel. We have many indirect choices like HP pay to get better rates for fuel. This card is free for me but I have better option these days. If you really need this card, get it and use it extensively and ask for lifetime free. They will make it LTF.
4) ultimate card is available even for lower account like 25k. Just make sure you get a credit card like smart from SC and use it. Once limit crosses 4L, apply for Ultimate using the official website and pay ₹1 and approval in w days. No need to have 5L account.

I have not received it even once. Waiting for it this month. I think this needs patience like Axis Magnus.

The 25k account is good enough for most people. The perks mentioned may be not really perks:

1) Dedicated RM - Unless this is vital, most can skip it
2) mutual funds are best done with direct source which has no hidden charges. These distributors charge unwanted 1-2% which we can save by using something like coin or mutual fund website.
3) complimentary Titanium card - This card is usually given free and I hold it free. It is useless except for fuel. We have many indirect choices like HP pay to get better rates for fuel. This card is free for me but I have better option these days. If you really need this card, get it and use it extensively and ask for lifetime free. They will make it LTF.
4) ultimate card is available even for lower account like 25k. Just make sure you get a credit card like smart from SC and use it. Once limit crosses 4L, apply for Ultimate using the official website and pay ₹1 and approval in w days. No need to have 5L account.
Thank you for this!

Back