• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Standard chartered late fee against cred payment even after no due

kunal89

TF Select
Today I’m surprised to see I’ve been charged late fee for the latest statement and the previous payment was not settled, was not revised either.

My previous bill was 7109.2 and I paid this bill using cred. I got an instant message the amount has been settled against limit. Now I’m getting this late fee and total due bill again even after paying. There was no payment failure notification. The amount that I paid was not revised as well.

Please suggest what to do in this case

Even though GST component was not visible in the statement, if you calculate your current outstanding amount you would realise it had been applied as well.
The total outstanding was 182. This makes sense as 155 + 18% GST would come around that number.

When they took the reversal request, they nullified the transaction and there was no outstanding.

Can someone please clarify my below points wrt SC Smart CC
1) My Statement Date is 16th of every month e.g. 16 Aug which has Payment Due Date as 3-Sep, so regarding the 2% online CB of 1000per month - is it for transactions between 17-Jul to 16-Aug?
2) For a transaction done on 15-Aug say for e.g. 10k online purchase, CB of Rs 200 would be posted after 2-3 days so this CB is part of 17-Jul to 16-Aug right?

Can someone please clarify my below points wrt SC Smart CC
1) My Statement Date is 16th of every month e.g. 16 Aug which has Payment Due Date as 3-Sep, so regarding the 2% online CB of 1000per month - is it for transactions between 17-Jul to 16-Aug?
2) For a transaction done on 15-Aug say for e.g. 10k online purchase, CB of Rs 200 would be posted after 2-3 days so this CB is part of 17-Jul to 16-Aug right?
1. No
2. No
SC Smart cashback is capped per calender month, not per your billing cycle.

thanks for clarifying, also any info on the following post -- with the new bill format, there is no mention of CB in the bill (for Smart CC) so anyone having Smart CC can you please confirm?
They probably removed it from the statement. You can still get a summary of your cashback on the Rewards360 portal. Rewards360 > Hamburger Icon > My Account > Transaction History.

It has been 3 working days since my complain over call. Still none of the charges are reversed. They said it will be done in 2 days.
Send a follow-up email, and try to have any and all conversations on the email so that in case the issue takes longer to resolve or doesn't get resolved satisfactory, you'll have proofs to submit to the RBI Ombudsman.

i sent 3-4 mails but no reply for 3-4 days, then i called them on friday and ask them to reverse the charges, they accepted my charge reversal request and today on monday, i can see all the charges reversed, late fee+gst both.
Also their reply came on mail too after 5-6 days.

Update:
I've sent three mails, no reply
Call 1: Told me that within 2 days everything will be reversed
Call 2: After 5 days nothing got reversed. Again created another ticket and given 24hr for resolution.
Nothing happened even after 48hrs. Month end is approaching. I'm 1000% sure they will report it to cibil if I keep everything unresolved.

Please suggest what to do now. They are not serious about customers.

Update:
I've sent three mails, no reply
Call 1: Told me that within 2 days everything will be reversed
Call 2: After 5 days nothing got reversed. Again created another ticket and given 24hr for resolution.
Nothing happened even after 48hrs. Month end is approaching. I'm 1000% sure they will report it to cibil if I keep everything unresolved.

Please suggest what to do now. They are not serious about customers.
Call the PNO Desk. Number is mentioned in their GR Policy >> https://www.sc.com/in/important-information/grievance-redressal/

If this still does not yield any solution, you might have to file complaint with RBI BO later

did you check the CC statement for bill payment?......same issue was with me.....i talked to customer care and asked about the charges and they said its for late bill payment,,,,i told i paid my bill on time....they checked and reversed the charges....you have to ask for gst reversal also...they reversed charges not gst amount

After repeated follow up GST has been reversed.

Also I have raised a complaint against the Level 1 email support team asking for an formal apology and compensation for providing me incorrect information that I was charged purchase interest because I didn't pay the total due within the due date even though I paid more than the total due well within due date.

After three calls to priority banking finally amounts have been reversed. I can't see reversal entry in transaction section but total due has been decreased. I they can do it on call but they are not doing and making customer frustrated.

After repeated follow up GST has been reversed.

Also I have raised a complaint against the Level 1 email support team asking for an formal apology and compensation for providing me incorrect information that I was charged purchase interest because I didn't pay the total due within the due date even though I paid more than the total due well within due date.
check total due tab....match total credit and debit amount till now

Back