• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest me alternative or new cards to add in my portfolio.

Shubham330

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello all,

Here i am looking for credit cards to add/replace in my CC portfolio

CC I hold for primary spends:
1) Yes Bank Marquee: For all Online Spends(4.5% in rewards), International spends, Movies (BMS BOGO), Travel bookings
2) ICICI Emeralde Private Metal Card: For all offline spedns(3% rewards), Movies BOGO, Insurance (Will colse this once get hands on Infinia as it has 3.3% base + smartbuy rewards and beneficial for travel bookings as well,I will keep/get sapphiro LTF from icici just to have some icici cc in portfolio)
3) Axis Airtel. : utilities 25/10%cb & zomato and swiggy 10%cb
4) ICICI HPCL Super Saver Rupay: (Fuel @HP with 6.5%cb with HP Pay and RSA)
5) IDFC Power+ : same as ICICI HPCL Super Saver as ICICI have 200 cap for cashback in month.
6) Amex MRCC. : (Specifically for 1.5k x 4 and 20K transaction, got it ltf so kept it)

Extra Credit Cards got LTF
7) IDFC Select
8) Federal Signet

Cards Closed:
1) SC Smart: took for NPS but Marquee completed the need
2) SC EMT: closed this as getting same returns through offers + EMP/Marqee casback (Will use Infinia once i get it as it gives more cashback using smartbuy for bookings)

Cards i am trying to get hands on:
1) ICICI Amazon Pay : for amazon spends. And will use for utility bills after Axis airtel casback cap is over.
2) ICIC Sapphiro LTF: as planning to close EMP after infinia so to have one from icici in portfolio
3) HSBC Cashback: for Departmental, dining cashabck @ 10%
4) BOB Premier: this is what I got offered as LTF. Application in process taking ages as expected from BOB.
5) BOB Snapdeal: for upi
6) PNB Rupay Select: for upi + rupay select wellness benefits.
7) HDFC Infinia: Basically will replace spedns on EMP and will be used for travel bookings

So to Summurise: (Cards mentioned in bracket will be used for that category once i get that card)
1) Utility: Axis Airtel
2) Offline: ICICI EMP
3) Online: Yes Marquee
4) Food(Online) : Axis Airtel (HSBC live+)
5) Dining out: ICICI EMP (HSBC Live +)
6) Grocery(Online) : Yes Marquee (HSBC Live+)
7) Grocery (Offline): Yes Marquee (HSBC Live+)
8) International: Yes Marquee
9) Travel: Yes Marquee (HDFC Infinia)
10) Fuel: ICICI HPCL, UDFc Power +
11) UPI: ICICI HPCL. (BoB Snapdeal)
12) wellness : None (PNB Rupay Select)
13) Movies: ICICI EMP & Yes Marquee [total 10 BOGO/month with Add On cards]

I am aware that there is capping on cashback on all above credit cards. But my spends is mostly within that cap limit(i means spend required to achieve cashback upto that cap) except Utility category.

Please suggest if any Other credit card is better in place of above. I am ok to pay annual charges if it's getting recoved from cashback.

Few card you might alredy suggest but not option for me due to eligibility/not my bucket:
1)Tata Neu
2) SBI Cashback

My cibil is 760+

Thanks in advance. 😁

Last edited:
You already have all the information regarding the cards , if you want to get any travel related card as there is no such card in your portfolio

1) Any Vistara card , I suggest from IDFC
2) AMEX PLAT travel which give you around 8% rewards
3)HDFC Marriot bonvoy

Normal Cards
4) If needed get Indusind Legacy card which gives 2 % direct cash back (which should be redeemed from points )

For movies
5) RBL Play

And if you need a metal card in your portfolio

6) IDFC mayura ( you can recover your 95%) of your fees and there is BoGo in BMS up to 500 2 times a month )

7) IDFC Ashva ( all the fees can be recovered and BoGo in BMS up to 400 2 times a month) .

The above are my suggestion .

If you are satisfied with my suggestion mark it as answer and do give reputation to my profile .

And if you are option for AMEX and IDFC cards , feel free to DM me . I can share you my referral .

Welcome !

and

Thanks in Advance !

You already have all the information regarding the cards , if you want to get any travel related card as there is no such card in your portfolio

1) Any Vistara card , I suggest from IDFC
2) AMEX PLAT travel which give you around 8% rewards
3)HDFC Marriot bonvoy

Normal Cards
4) If needed get Indusind Legacy card which gives 2 % direct cash back (which should be redeemed from points )

For movies
5) RBL Play

And if you need a metal card in your portfolio

6) IDFC mayura ( you can recover your 95%) of your fees and there is BoGo in BMS up to 500 2 times a month )

7) IDFC Ashva ( all the fees can be recovered and BoGo in BMS up to 400 2 times a month) .

The above are my suggestion .

If you are satisfied with my suggestion mark it as answer and do give reputation to my profile .

And if you are option for AMEX and IDFC cards , feel free to DM me . I can share you my referral .

Welcome !

and

Thanks in Advance !
Thanks for suggestions.

Yes paning for travel card. Currently exploring the same. I am not that of frequent traveler. So looking such option where I can recover annual fees. So as of now thinking of HDFc Infinia only for travel booking using smartbuy.

Indusind legacy: reward rate is very low

RBL Pay: Basically useless because of spend criteria. Currently ICICI EMP and Marquee does the work for BOGO Tickets.

And metal alredy have ICICI EMP, Waiting on Infinia so don't want to get Ashva or Mayura as their annual fees are not recoverable in rewards format ( not considering non-spend based benefits)

Still Thanks for suggestion.

Thanks for suggestions.

Yes paning for travel card. Currently exploring the same. I am not that of frequent traveler. So looking such option where I can recover annual fees. So as of now thinking of HDFc Infinia only for travel booking using smartbuy.

Indusind legacy: reward rate is very low

RBL Pay: Basically useless because of spend criteria. Currently ICICI EMP and Marquee does the work for BOGO Tickets.

And metal alredy have ICICI EMP, Waiting on Infinia so don't want to get Ashva or Mayura as their annual fees are not recoverable in rewards format ( not considering non-spend based benefits)

Still Thanks for suggestion.
Sorry, i have skipped ICICI metal card !

Rbl play card has a spend criteria of 5000 and you get 500 discount on 2 tickets (i.e 10% value back), so, they are free of cost and the charges for Play are 500.

And Legacy card has 2% reward points on 100 spent online and offline, so you can redeem them for cash rewards for the same (i.e 1RP is rupee ) - you will get seasonal offers from INDUSIN and BOGQ from BMS.

Back