• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggestion for discount for Friend for Infinia Points

swipesmart

TF Select
Hi,
As we get 16.5% points for Infinia for copons buying via Smartbuy. My friend is asking for 50K Croma Voucher and is asking if I can give me and if I can give him 12% discount for it. Does 12% value is good for me ? Or I will be in loss with that.
I haven't redeemed Infinia points so I'm not sure where exactly I will redeem due to which I'm not able to put exact value to points.

Its not exactly 16% cash points. So unless you are sure of what you are gonna redeem for, you can't give your friend 12% cash(assuming). Infinia redemption is best for airline tickets or Tanishq voucher/apple products. In case of airline tickets, you have to pay convenience fees and can't claim any discounts like in other websites and you can only use 70% points.
Its best to not give 12% cash, you can ask your friend to book tickets in future in Smarbuy portal and use 12% points, thats the best case scenario for you.

Tell your friend that you can book a flight ticket for him worth 6K using these points.

If you have not redeemed points till now, giving cash discount is not a good idea

Its not exactly 16% cash points. So unless you are sure of what you are gonna redeem for, you can't give your friend 12% cash(assuming). Infinia redemption is best for airline tickets or Tanishq voucher/apple products. In case of airline tickets, you have to pay convenience fees and can't claim any discounts like in other websites and you can only use 70% points.
Its best to not give 12% cash, you can ask your friend to book tickets in future in Smarbuy portal and use 12% points, thats the best case scenario for you.
Yes, Got it.

If you don't use the points where the return is 1:1, you will be at quite some loss! Either keep that discount money on hold with you till you realise its value or at best give him discount worth cash value of points (which is 0.3:1). That way you can be certain you aren't losing any money.

It's generally not a good idea to use your card for friends or even family (apart from spouse). You will have needless increase in expense on the card and the hassle of repayment. In addition, you are suffering a loss of 12%. Don't go around bragging about Smartbuy to others and if anyone asks, tell them you have already reached the max 15k limit provided each month. This is not some emergency where you need to help someone. Let them use their own cards and other available avenues.

It's generally not a good idea to use your card for friends or even family (apart from spouse). You will have needless increase in expense on the card and the hassle of repayment. In addition, you are suffering a loss of 12%. Don't go around bragging about Smartbuy to others and if anyone asks, tell them you have already reached the max 15k limit provided each month. This is not some emergency where you need to help someone. Let them use their own cards and other available avenues.
My card, not this but other is being used by my friend and some extended family. I just maintain excel with proof of payment that I received vs amount that they spend on card so that I have proof it was not income for me. When you say it's not good idea to lend your cards, is it because of Income Tax perspective or something else ?

My card, not this but other is being used by my friend and some extended family. I just maintain excel with proof of payment that I received vs amount that they spend on card so that I have proof it was not income for me. When you say it's not good idea to lend your cards, is it because of Income Tax perspective or something else ?
In all sense. It always better to avoid it now.

As @sahilgulati5 correctly stated, it's a bad idea in many ways. IT hassles, concern that the bank would question the purchases, payment hassle etc. Why expose yourself to the hassle? Let people use whatever means they have available. This isn't some emergency where you need to help.

Back