• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Swiggy Money Wallet Closes on 30/06/2023

shashifed

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Just received a message from swiggy saying that my swiggy money wallet will be closed. I currently have around 2k in my wallet (which I added using gift card). Will that remain as is? This seems a bit sudden and did anyone receive such a message?

B
Bamboo Baba aur ek help kar do

Sorry for the off-topic question, and I apologize in advance. However, as you may know, I have applied for an Airtel card multiple times and I am still on their rejected list. How can I pay my Airtel Black bill with a good discount? 🤣

Airtel also Provide Apay option in airtel App for Paying Airtel Bills

Utility ke liye sabhi cards ne apne darwaze band kar liye hai.

Indirect way Amazon hai .

I never loaded BB with more than 10k in a month and never read FAQs of BB.

So, it is going to be 10k only.

I thought Amazon is allowing to add More than 10k GV in a Non Kyc Account also, so other Semi Closed wallets will too allow it.
Are there any other wallets allowing to add more than 10k to their wallets as gift vouchers for non kyc customers other than Amazon?
I didn't come across any such yet..

Paytm.
You can load paytm gift voucher Balance
No .. I couldn't add more than 10 k per month with out even minimum kyc.
I was a not even minimum kyc customer for the last 4 or 5 years whenever this paytm thi g started.
Just last week I got my full kyc done. So until recently I had 10k gift voucher restriction..
So in essence , I was a non kyc customer till last week and I had 10k restriction..

Somehow since beginning , I didn't trust Paytm, may be because of alibaba partnership. Now that it is listed on NSE, I did my full kyc last week

No .. I couldn't add more than 10 k per month with out even minimum kyc.
I was a not even minimum kyc customer for the last 4 or 5 years whenever this paytm thi g started.
Just last week I got my full kyc done. So until recently I had 10k gift voucher restriction..
So in essence , I was a non kyc customer till last week and I had 10k restriction..

Somehow since beginning , I didn't trust Paytm, may be because of alibaba partnership. Now that it is listed on NSE, I did my full kyc last week
I am able to add.
In one txn you can not add 10k.
But you can do Multiple txns

I am able to add.
In one txn you can not add 10k.
But you can do Multiple txns
I was trying with multiple GVs only. As I said I had been a non kyc customer (not even a minimum kyc customer) for the last 5 years or so and I faced this 10 k issue for all these years.

Are you a non kyc paytm customer? ( not even done your minimum kyc like giving Dl, PAN number etc) because I haven't given any of these numbers until now

I
I was trying with multiple GVs only. As I said I had been a non kyc customer (not even a minimum kyc customer) for the last 5 years or so and I faced this 10 k issue for all these years.

Are you a non kyc paytm customer? ( not even done your minimum kyc)
I am a ful kyc customer.
But not all my family members.
I send Gift Voucher balance from my Account to their Account and They are able to spend more than 10k without any hassle

I

I am a ful kyc customer.
But not all my family members.
I send Gift Voucher balance from my Account to their Account and They are able to spend more than 10k without any hassle
How are you sending gift voucher Balance to them?
Are they adding gift voucher number in their accounts or not? This is what I had been doing anyway and it won't allow me to add more than 10k
Are you sure they are not even minimum kyc users?
If they are not kyc users, I believe you could not even transfer balance from your account to their accounts..
Just our of curiosity as I was having this issue for so many years and inspitw of the I resisted to do my full kyc until last week

How are you sending gift voucher Balance to them?
Are they adding gift voucher number in their accounts or not? This is what I had been doing anyway and it won't allow me to add more than 10k
Are you sure they are not even minimum kyc users?
If they are not kyc users, I believe you could not even transfer balance from your account to their accounts..
Just our of curiosity as I was having this issue for so many years and inspitw of the I resisted to do my full kyc until last week
Non-KYC users

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230617_162908_Paytm.jpg
    Screenshot_20230617_162908_Paytm.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 13
Non-KYC users
Okay, this solves the puzzle.. As a full kyc user you are adding funds to a non kyc user via gift voucher, not fund transfer..
So the money is traced back to you...
You are adding to their accounts and they are consuming it...
So as a Non Kyc user by themselves on their own they can't add more than 10 K.
So for a non kyc user they are not allowing to add more than 10k by themself.. the restriction is still on..

Non-KYC users
So coming back to my initial question, there are no other wallet providers allowing more than 10k per month for a non kyc customer other than AMAZON. There is some peculiarity about this Amazon thing. They must have got some special clause or something like that when they applied for wallet license with RBI..
This is all assuming Amazon allows more than 10k for a non kyc customer ( by themselves as a whole)
I am a non kyc prime customer since 2016, I still purposefully haven't done my full kyc..
I never tried to add more than 10k as gift voucher,..
Anyway thanks for the conversation all...

Last edited:
Yes, Limit is still 10K. When I loaded more than 10K gift cards (in total) last month, it was showing only a part of my last gift card as available balance. Once 1 June came the full amount was released as available balance.

I think with Razor pay partnership as it comes under RBI's PPI instrument and there is no full KYC option available , I think 10 K limit per calendar month will still be applied.. As there is no document required to use Swiggy money now, that means the account will be only mobile verified, it will be only 10K limit account for all. This is what I deduce from their FAQ literature...

View attachment 20000
Limit of 10k Removed.

Opening Balance 314
I added GV of 10k

Now I have utilitzed till date 9772.
Balance left 542

If 10k limit is still Applicable then I shall not be able to utilite more than 228 out of 542.

But I am able to utilitze full 542

Hence Swiggy Removed 10k limit.

Earlier when Swiggy Money is powered by ICICI We are able to add only 10k/Month either via Swiggy GV or Direct DC/CC and Spend only 10k/ per month.

Now We can add only via Swiggy GV even more than 10k/Month and Spend more than 10k/Month.

Limit of 10k Removed.

Opening Balance 314
I added GV of 10k

Balance left 542

If 10k limit is still Applicable then I shall not be able to utilite more than 228 out of 542.

Earlier when Swiggy Money is powered by ICICI We are able to add only 10k/Month either via Swiggy GV or Direct DC/CC and Spend only 10k/ per month.

Now We can add only via Swiggy GV even more than 10k/Month and Spend more than 10k/Month.
I will check about current situation a bit later..
However, when it was with icici, it didn't complain while adding gvs worth more than 10k for me, However it didn't allow to spend more than 10k by limiting the amount upto 10k only by showing as available Balance.

In other words, it has allowed to add for me 13 k gvs during month, put 3k in escrow account, and then on 1st of next month 3k was released from escrow and added to available Balance...

I will check about current situation later and post the details

Limit of 10k Removed.

Opening Balance 314
I added GV of 10k

Balance left 542

Paytm me GV le rha tha but Rupay UPI kaam ni kr rha. Payment processing me jake fail hoja ri