• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Take off Bar and Lounge - Varanasi Airport - Lounge Review

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hello everyone,

I recently travelled to Varanasi and wanted to post the review of the Airport lounge available there. There is only 1 lounge and no other restaurants available there, so you have to plan your lunch, dinner accordingly.

Lounge Name: Take off Bar and Lounge - After Departure security check.

Very very limited fixed menu available for users. Not many credit cards accepted there. The person sitting at the desk is not aware of which credit card works also. As per my experience and understanding found out only Dreamfolks cards, HDFC DCB, Infinia, Tata Neu cards works there. For one user Regalia also didn't work, not sure whether he exhausted limit of Regalia cards are not working.

Coming to ambience, ambience is decent but the space they are in very very less and they offer only set menu for food. Food taste is good but the quantity is very limited. Not expected this kind of experience as Varanasi airport is experiencing high travel load with lots of people travelling. Need to improve on atleast paid offerings as there are no restaurants or other stalls.

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 36
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 43

ross999

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I just wanted to share my experience today at the Take Off Bar & Lounge at Varanasi Airport.

There were many policy sub points that the person rubbed on my face telling me to come out of the delusional world of Credit Card Lounge access (quoted "yeah might work at other lounges, not here")

1. Only the primary cardholder can enter. Even if you have other eligible credit cards, a guest cannot accompany you. They can't even sit with you, let alone eat. That's the policy.
  2. My Axis Magnus, Atlas, and Reserve cards were all rejected.
  3. It wasn't a buffet system. You could swipe the card and just order 1 starter or main course. My mother had accompanied me and I wanted her to have the meal while I wait outside. They denied saying policy doesn't allow that
  4. To enter, everyone must order a meal. However, the prices weren't listed anywhere; the person seemed to be quoting them at random.
What an absolute shit show! When I asked who I can speak to about this the owner/contractor of the lounger. He said I am the one, no one above me here. If you want you can speak to you Bank's cc department or you can tell the airport authority.

Is there any way to escalate or flag this issue?

Vbhoj74

TF Select
VIP Lounge
After reading the above post I accessed this lounge 2 days back with not much expectations, and wife & me both used our PP (Infinia) for access, the guy asked if we want to enter 2nd person as +1 (guest) which we refused and asked to swipe both our PP cards. We were offered the preset menu picture is in the thread already. Overall not a bad experience.