• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Tata Neu Card Closed or Not

sathwik

TF Buzz
Hello

I had Tata Neu Plus Credit card as FYF with a low limit of 27,000, I requested to increase limit and if possible upgrade current card to LTF or give me Infinity as LTF. None of those requests were honored so I closed the card before I was going to be charged annual fees in month of April 2024.

On April 16th I got confirmation email from the bank saying my closure request has been processed, I checked my HDFC bank profile I could still see the card under inactive state.

I assumed it will be removed in 3 months since HDFC bank has a policy not allowing anyone to apply for the same card for at least 3 months right so I left it alone. In the meantime I got an offer for LTF Swiggy card took it and it is now activated as well.

In August 2024 I wanted to see if I can get my hands on Tata Neu Infinity, so I tried to apply for that card but I couldn't because in Tata Neu app my card is inactive. I emailed to hdfc credit card services team immediately and after one month today they gave a response that I would need to send a signed letter to their Chennai office for card delinking.

Does this mean the card is still active or not ? I have not received any statements since card closure.

What steps should I take ? and can I raise this issue to RBI ?

I've read in the forum some one got compensation as Axis or SBI did not closed their card properly and closed it only after complaining it to RBI.

Please advise.

Thanks

Hello

I had Tata Neu Plus Credit card as FYF with a low limit of 27,000, I requested to increase limit and if possible upgrade current card to LTF or give me Infinity as LTF. None of those requests were honored so I closed the card before I was going to be charged annual fees in month of April 2024.

On April 16th I got confirmation email from the bank saying my closure request has been processed, I checked my HDFC bank profile I could still see the card under inactive state.

I assumed it will be removed in 3 months since HDFC bank has a policy not allowing anyone to apply for the same card for at least 3 months right so I left it alone. In the meantime I got an offer for LTF Swiggy card took it and it is now activated as well.

In August 2024 I wanted to see if I can get my hands on Tata Neu Infinity, so I tried to apply for that card but I couldn't because in Tata Neu app my card is inactive. I emailed to hdfc credit card services team immediately and after one month today they gave a response that I would need to send a signed letter to their Chennai office for card delinking.

Does this mean the card is still active or not ? I have not received any statements since card closure.

What steps should I take ? and can I raise this issue to RBI ?

I've read in the forum some one got compensation as Axis or SBI did not closed their card properly and closed it only after complaining it to RBI.

Please advise.

Thanks
Closed cards will show as inactive card (On upgrade aswell, old card). But you can apply for tata neu via hdfc site, might not be possible via tata neu, since it will show card blocked or inactive.

Back