• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Tata Neu Infinity Card undergoes a slight devaluation for UPI transactions, but simplifies rewards tracking.

scn

TF Premier
HDFC Tata Neu quietly adjusts the criteria for earning Neu Coins. I noticed the change when Neu Coins began appearing within the billing cycle for UPI transactions instead of calendar month

As per latest

Tata Neu Infinity Card Minor Devaluation on UPI spends but ease spend calculations
W.E.F 02-May-2024 for Grocery / UPI / Insurance Related transactions settled from 1-May-24 -

For eligible Grocery / UPI / Insurance transactions, NeuCoins will be posted within 2 days of settlement of the transaction, for example the points for transaction settled on 1st Jul will be posted by 3 rd Jul and will be available for redemption by 8 th Aug)

Previously, cumulative spending on transactions totaling certain amounts (like 10, 20, 30) would earn you 1.5% on the total amount. However, due to these recent changes, you now need to spend at least Rs 34 to earn at least 1 Neu Coin due to neu coin earning based on each transaction settlement.

For instance, if you've made four transactions in the past four days and had 100 Neu Coins in accrual six days earlier:
  1. Rs.1800 UPI transactions earn 27 Neu Coins, bringing the accrual to 127.
  2. Rs.30 transaction doesn't affect the accrual, as cumulative spending no longer applies (here mark a silent minor devaluation but impacts much to me, due to many transactions are 20,30)
  3. Rs.120 transaction adds 2 more Neu Coins, making the accrual 129.
  4. Rs.50 transaction adds 1 Neu Coin, resulting in an accrual of 130.
  5. .... and so on.
Update on 24 June
1 more silent devaluation

wef 1 Aug, 2024
0.5% will be provided for all upi apps and need to pay min. 100(or 99) to earn anything)
Additional 1% will be provided with Tata Neu APP upi (min. spend will be Rs.50 to earn anything)

Last edited:

Riva

TF Premier
HDFC and Tata Neu have for a while being silently devaluating the card. When the card was launched in Apr'23, there were no limits on Bill pay ( now 4 bills upto 50k) , Insurance payment ( now upto 50k) , no max limit on cash back at croma (now INR 750), no limit on bigbasket ( now max 250 coins on spends above 2500 INR). There could be more that I may have not used and hence not noticed.
These changes have been slowly been introduced without informing the customer over the last one year.

scn

TF Premier
tata neu plus ^ (image)

tata neu infinity (image)
Oh!! No Man, one more silent devaluation as minimum spend is increased now due to (0.5% bank) and again unnecessary complicated calculation.
This Tata Neu App promotion looks brutal (I use BHIM UPI due to no extra unnecessary promotions by App)

So 1 has to pay (On Tata Infinity)
min 100 Rs which is (0.5%) to get 1 Reward point on HDFC portal (which is posted later after Statement)
min 50 Rs to get the 1 Neu coin (or they provide coins in floating points ? just like bb and another apps. Will have to look in Aug,2024)

So If any one spends 100 Rs -> It will be 2 Neu Coin (0.5 ~= 1 in bank and 1 in Tata Neu) -?
If any one spends 98/99 -> It will be 1 Neu Coin( 0 From bank and 1 (or in floating) in Tata Neu)

metal_heart

TF Premier
The more cards are being issued as LTF, more chances of its de-valuation coming sooner.
TATA Neu has been offering / converting this as LTF, so de-valuation was on cards.

next on list will be Regalia GOLD. Many existing Regalia LTF are getting converted to Gold LTF. Will land same fate as Regalia
I wont be surprised, if SBI cashback get de-valued as well (apparently everyone is trying & getting it converted to LTF)

Devaluation is in-evitable, if masses starting acquiring without paying fee

Banks should 'Ideally' be issuing only basic cards as LTF; for ppl who love to hog on cards for that probable "one" card specific offer
Rest, should always be paid (may b with spend based waiver criteria). It will help keeping the core value of card intact

Last edited:

scn

TF Premier
no max limit on cash back at croma (now INR 750), no limit on bigbasket ( now max 250 coins on spends above 2500 INR)
I think, this is the limit on Tata Neu App but not on the card. (card has monthly upto 6L for croma and 1L for bb)
Big basket is yet manageable if there is max 250 coins limit per order as the grocery items can be split easily.

HumorSimpson

TF Legend
Yems 😈 ++
Now they give gems instead of coins.?
Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons