• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Tata Neu Infinity Card undergoes a slight devaluation for UPI transactions, but simplifies rewards tracking.

scn

TF Select
HDFC Tata Neu quietly adjusts the criteria for earning Neu Coins. I noticed the change when Neu Coins began appearing within the billing cycle for UPI transactions instead of calendar month

As per latest

Tata Neu Infinity Card Minor Devaluation on UPI spends but ease spend calculations
W.E.F 02-May-2024 for Grocery / UPI / Insurance Related transactions settled from 1-May-24 -

For eligible Grocery / UPI / Insurance transactions, NeuCoins will be posted within 2 days of settlement of the transaction, for example the points for transaction settled on 1st Jul will be posted by 3 rd Jul and will be available for redemption by 8 th Aug)

Previously, cumulative spending on transactions totaling certain amounts (like 10, 20, 30) would earn you 1.5% on the total amount. However, due to these recent changes, you now need to spend at least Rs 34 to earn at least 1 Neu Coin due to neu coin earning based on each transaction settlement.

For instance, if you've made four transactions in the past four days and had 100 Neu Coins in accrual six days earlier:
  1. Rs.1800 UPI transactions earn 27 Neu Coins, bringing the accrual to 127.
  2. Rs.30 transaction doesn't affect the accrual, as cumulative spending no longer applies (here mark a silent minor devaluation but impacts much to me, due to many transactions are 20,30)
  3. Rs.120 transaction adds 2 more Neu Coins, making the accrual 129.
  4. Rs.50 transaction adds 1 Neu Coin, resulting in an accrual of 130.
  5. .... and so on.
Update on 24 June
1 more silent devaluation

wef 1 Aug, 2024
0.5% will be provided for all upi apps and need to pay min. 100(or 99) to earn anything)
Additional 1% will be provided with Tata Neu APP upi (min. spend will be Rs.50 to earn anything)

Last edited:
Country Delight which is in Delhi NCR & Mumbai also had such story where IIM Graduates started a Dairy for Pure Milk. I once remember in their initial stages when I gave a 1 star as their feedback page always kept popping up and irritating the MD himself called and asked. But now the quality is not upto the mark and now they have started to just earn money. I prefer milk from milkman in my locality.
This is where things can go pear shaped.. when greed takes over the fundamental underlying principle..

that is why Sid's not expnaded nation wide.. inspite of stupendous success.

Country Delight which is in Delhi NCR & Mumbai also had such story where IIM Graduates started a Dairy for Pure Milk. I once remember in their initial stages when I gave a 1 star as their feedback page always kept popping up and irritating the MD himself called and asked. But now the quality is not upto the mark and now they have started to just earn money. I prefer milk from milkman in my locality.

Both were started at the same time ( Country delight : 2013, Sid's 2012).
One expnaded nationally with aim of increasing profits there by risking losing the quality..
where as the other maintained quality just serving near by places in Hyderabad and to some extent in Bangalore.. thats it..
no-one else knows about Sid's..

so , clearly both have different objectives in the same time frame..( ie. 12 years time)

1721889982066.webp

1721889803577.webp

@SSV after sometime all become the same profit oriented and not quality oriented

@SSV after sometime all become the same profit oriented and not quality oriented
@SSV is right. Some people don't need crazy expansion and that's why they are able to deliver quality with consistency. For the companies who need to expand quickly they need investment and for investment they need numbers and that's the entire game. If a crazy rich person starts some business with an aim to deliver quality and not to earn profits then he/she can actually deliver quality consistently over time. But for people who have it as their main source of wealth creation may not be able to.

Still Country Delight is much better than Amul etc. I still order some milk if I fall short and ghee/paneer too.

That is where the point lies.. to distinguish himself / herself from the mob..

Here the factor is: what is the driving force ?? to be exactly what is the Primary driving force....??

This defines an indivudual / an organisation..

Last edited:
That is where the point lies.. to distinguish himself / herself from the mob..

Here the factor is: what is the driving force ?? to be exactly what is the Primary driving force....??

This defines an indivudual / an organisation..
At my place also someone started by selling organic products including milk. But the quality is same like others. All the milkmen here are adding harmful chemicals like formalin and others to increase shelf life of milk in the summers before supplying to factories and dairies

is it 50 minimum amount for getting rewards in tata neu cards? May I know Where it is mentioned?
Earlier it was on total spending amount in the billing period. Minimum amount didn't matter , every rupee gets counted. Since August 2024 its changed and rewarding pattern is yet to be decoded.

For my spends that are 60 rs to 100rs I got 1 nue coin. Behaved like 1.5% reward rate
But for spends greater than 100 like 298rs I got 2 nue coins. Behaved like 1% reward rate
Anyways its 0 for spends < 40 rs .

Bill is yet to be generated to see the final calculations, the above is noticed in the app nue coin history where it shows UPI txn and rewards.

Earlier it was on total spending amount in the billing period. Minimum amount didn't matter , every rupee gets counted. Since August 2024 its changed and rewarding pattern is yet to be decoded.

For my spends that are 60 rs to 100rs I got 1 nue coin. Behaved like 1.5% reward rate
But for spends greater than 100 like 298rs I got 2 nue coins. Behaved like 1% reward rate
Anyways its 0 for spends < 40 rs .
Currently, Tata Neu has split UPI rewards into 2.

0.5% that will be posted to card account (like how 1.5% was posted previously) irrespective of the app you use and 1% that will be directly posted to your neupass if used via tata neu app

Decimals in the 1.5% previously used to be rounded to the nearest integer (0.5 and above will be made into 1 and 0.4 and less will be made to 0 - other cards like SBI CB and Airtel axis always rounds the decimal to the lower number). Now we don't know if they'll round up or down.
Bill is yet to be generated to see the final calculations, the above is noticed in the app nue coin history where it shows UPI txn and rewards.
What you notice in neu coin history is the 1%. Statement will show 0.5%.

So if they still keep rounding up like previously, minimum transaction to get any rewards is 50 rupees (1% part is 0.5, will be rounded to 1, 0.5% part will be 0)

Minimum transaction to get both reward will be 100 (1% part will be 1 and 0.5% will be 0.5 rounded to 1)

But if they decide to follow other banks and round down, then the minimum transaction that gets any reward points will be 100 only

Currently, Tata Neu has split UPI rewards into 2.

0.5% that will be posted to card account (like how 1.5% was posted previously) irrespective of the app you use and 1% that will be directly posted to your neupass if used via tata neu app

Decimals in the 1.5% previously used to be rounded to the nearest integer (0.5 and above will be made into 1 and 0.4 and less will be made to 0 - other cards like SBI CB and Airtel axis always rounds the decimal to the lower number). Now we don't know if they'll round up or down.

What you notice in neu coin history is the 1%. Statement will show 0.5%.

So if they still keep rounding up like previously, minimum transaction to get any rewards is 50 rupees (1% part is 0.5, will be rounded to 1, 0.5% part will be 0)

Minimum transaction to get both reward will be 100 (1% part will be 1 and 0.5% will be 0.5 rounded to 1)

But if they decide to follow other banks and round down, then the minimum transaction that gets any reward points will be 100 only
Detailed analysis.. Thank you. Better open a thread about this.

Will do once this statement is generated. So that we know whether they're rounding up or down
So Now we are clear about the extra NeuCoins on the app as they are instantly reflecting and is rounding up in my case. I was supposed to get 18.75 but got 19.

Please confirm did the whole calculation problem of neu coins in statment got fixed as earlier the neu coins weren't calculated as per statement but according to calendar month?

So Now we are clear about the extra NeuCoins on the app as they are instantly reflecting and is rounding up in my case. I was supposed to get 18.75 but got 19.
Good to know
Please confirm did the whole calculation problem of neu coins in statment got fixed as earlier the neu coins weren't calculated as per statement but according to calendar month?
They changed the t&cs twice. They first calculated according to calendar month and for the gross total of all UPI transactions. Then they changed to individual transactions + statement cycle. Now this split up of 0.5% + 1%

Back