• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

The Irish House Lounge Kolkata Airport Review

pprakash11

TF Prestige
I visited this lounge recently. The food was OK, and in my honest opinion, the new revamped TFS lounge looks much better(lighting is better), but there was a MASSIVE queue outside the TFS lounge, so long that there was no point going in...
Irish lounge has a very old school club style feel, perfect for a beer or two before flight for sure.
Which card you used?

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Anyone who recently visited Irish House Lounge, KOLKATA if can update which cards are working there ??

ICICI Sapphiro AMEX, if someone can confirm ?

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Yes my Sapphiro Amex didn't work
I have been using PP and My core Amex cards since then
But recently I think Icici partnered Amex cards are also working
You can try with Sapphiro
I will try with Sapphiro
Did you get any example somehow somewhere posted that Sapphiro AMEX (ICICI Partnered AMEX Cards) are working?

TIA

phagocyte536

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks!

Just now entered thru Sapphiro AMEX
Awesome, thanks for updating here! I am visiting this in 4 days.
Also, I didn't spend on my sapphiro amex any money till now (it somehow just doesn't get accepted in flipkart) - will that be a problem? I spent enough this quarter on the mastercard variant that I got along with it

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Awesome, thanks for updating here! I am visiting this in 4 days.
Also, I didn't spend on my sapphiro amex any money till now (it somehow just doesn't get accepted in flipkart) - will that be a problem? I spent enough this quarter on the mastercard variant that I got along with it
That won't be a problem! Mine worked flawless without spending!

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Awesome, time to use the card finally. I thought I will never end up using it. 😂

Last time I visited this lounge I had magnus PP and wife has a infinia PP, magnus has ditched us now.
Nice. But why using Sapphiro MC?
Use Sapphiro AMEX, it gives 4 RP/₹100 , instead of 3RP/₹100 on Sapphiro MC!
Please do update here in case you get charged by the card in next 3-4 days
In charge slip, ₹1 is charged.

phagocyte536

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Nice. But why using Sapphiro MC?
Use Sapphiro AMEX, it gives 4 RP/₹100 , instead of 3RP/₹100 on Sapphiro MC!
I know and I tried to, flipkart seems to have some issue with it. Payment kept failing. I was lazy to follow up with FK/ICICI customer care.. so just used the MC variant.

phagocyte536

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
@pprakash11 , thanks to you - confidently swiped by AmEx Sapphiro and entered Irish House today :)

More than the food, just love the peace of an non-crowded lounge during a long layover. Hoping all major airports come up with the so called premium lounges.