• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

The Irish House Lounge Kolkata Airport Review

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Which AU CC btw?
"Perhaps", any of the AU cards with lounge access will work.....2 weeks ago, I was at Dibrugarh airport. It was a very very small lounge (Dib is tier 3 city). Very selected cards were working there, but AU was one of them.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
"Perhaps", any of the AU cards with lounge access will work.....2 weeks ago, I was at Dibrugarh airport. It was a very very small lounge (Dib is tier 3 city). Very selected cards were working there, but AU was one of them.
Nice . .

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
The Kolkata airport is known for its small size, and the same can be said for its lounges. There are only two lounges available at the domestic departure terminal. The first one is TravelClub, which can be accessed with almost all credit cards that provide free lounge access. However, finding a seat there can be a difficult task due to the high traffic. Fortunately, there is another option available - The Irish House Lounge.

20220312_120638-TF.jpg

Unlike TravelClub, normal credit cards cannot be used for free access to The Irish House Lounge. Instead, you can only access it if you have one of the following:
Vistara business class ticket
Air India business class ticket
Amex card with free lounge access (including co-branded cards such as ICICI Sapphiro and Rubyx)
PriorityPass
LoungeKey
DragonPass

To get to The Irish House Lounge, head towards gate no. 20 after the security check, and you'll find an elevator and stairs. Take either to reach the 1st floor, where you'll find the lounge on the right side.

My check-in experience: My check-in experience was impressively smooth. To gain access to the lounge, I always rely on my AMEX Business Platinum Card's PriorityPass, which includes two complimentary guest access per visit. The lounge is generally uncrowded, and I never had to wait in line.

Ambience: The Irish House Lounge is generally less crowded than the TravelClub lounge, and I have never seen more than 40% of the seats occupied at any given time. Although it is small, similar to the Amex Centurion Lounge at Delhi T3 (Domestic), the seating arrangements are decent. It has a seating capacity of about 30 people, and all the seats are very comfortable. However, if you need a charging port, it's best to choose a seat close to the wall. Overall, while it may be a small lounge, it's a decent option to kill some time before your flight and grab a bite to eat.

20220312_120915-TF.jpg

2023-04-30 -TF.jpg

Food Options: The food options are limited, especially for vegetarians like myself, but they do offer Bengali and North Indian foods, and the quality is decent. The Irish House is known for its high-quality beer, although I cannot comment on this as I do not consume alcohol.

20220312_112609-TF.jpg

Overall, if you have eligible cards or a ticket, it's better to access The Irish House Lounge than TravelClub. It may be small, but it's less crowded, the food is decent, and it's a good place to relax before your flight.
I couldn’t see this lounge in the ICICI SAPPHIRO AMEX eligible lounge list

Has anyone tried to use this card for this particular lounge?