• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

To buy an iPhone or not to?

D

Deleted member 16965

like i said i can debate this for long but what's the point.
you buy what you want.
it's a free world.

And whoever is flaunting it on social media is doing it with their own money.
Yeah no point in debating.... I myself use almost all Apple products but for my choice I can prefer Android phone any day over an iPhone even if I have to leave Apple ecosystem.

D₹V

TF Prestige
How would you know without asking that party's consent is there for recording.
I would never give my consent for call recording.
I never record any call.
They'll ask me to do not record na.

And what's bad here? Nothing.

Let me tell you with one example.

Once a lady asked me phone to do a call in public place, I didn't give her the phone. I entered the number, called & locked the phone before handling to her. And recording was turned on obviously.

In parallel, if she was some sort of fraud/scammer etc, and investigation goes on my number. I'll show the proof of call and can get out easily.

That's the ease in recording calls. And we should record call to unknowns. Never know, what will happen.

harsh1387

TF Ace
Better in almost all regards except App optimisation (for Android in general) and the logo. 🥲
Brand perception matters.
Otherwise, why will people buy a Mercedes when Volvo gives more features and is one of the safest car in the world.

saucy

TF Ace
I've been going back and forth deciding buying an iPhone or not. I will probably go for iPhone 15 (I know its not released yet but the way how each new iteration is getting better and better battery life is attractive) or the Pro version if the rumor of titanium body is really true. But the main reason to switch is much better battery life. Was also going to buy Macbook next year so can pair with the same environment I guess.

But trade-offs from android are:
  • No customization - Yes, I care.
  • No call recording
  • Truecaller live caller ID doesn't work or so I've seen
  • No Tachiyomi support - Will probably need to read manga on the browser like a psychopath... 😐
Worth it?
Look bud, a year down the line, you'd not regret buying an iPhone. But you'd be curious, and question "what would've it been like"

So it's actually not a question about tradeoff. It's about if you have the finances to comfortably "try out" an iPhone.

Soch na, andha paisa hota to itna thodi sochte ki kaisa hoga. Try karke dekh lete.

So see if it fits your budget.
Androids me wapas to hamesha hi aa sakte ho.

It'll be a welcomed change, if nothing else.
Our tech is advanced enough that you won't be making a "wrong choice" in either case

Last edited:

deep@vie

TF Legend
They'll ask me to do not record na.

And what's bad here? Nothing.

Let me tell you with one example.

Once a lady asked me phone to do a call in public place, I didn't give her the phone. I entered the number, called & locked the phone before handling to her. And recording was turned on obviously.

In parallel, if she was some sort of fraud/scammer etc, and investigation goes on my number. I'll show the proof of call and can get out easily.

That's the ease in recording calls. And we should record call to unknowns. Never know, what will happen.
That's a different(okay) ,consent of caller or receiver is required for recording.
It's their privacy along with us.

D₹V

TF Prestige
That phone deserves way more attention that what it gets in India. It changed my perception about Android phones.
Samsung is preferring running ad more about that phone, not decreasing the price.

Cause online ad is cheaper these days than discount.

That's why 😢.

In Prime Days USA, it was being sold at 799/699$ I guess.

harsh1387

TF Ace
Some do it with bank's' money too (EMIs)
Does bank give that money as a gift?
They charge interest and gets the principal too.
In no cost EMI too, you pay GST on every EMI.
There are no free lunches in the world.

And what is this trend of Indians looking down at EMI's.
IN USA everyone buys iPhone on a network 2-year contract. That is also an EMI equivalent.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Look bud, a year down the line, you'd not regret buying an iPhone. But you'd be curious, and question "what would've it been like"

So it's actually not a question about tradeoff. It's about if you have the finances to comfortably "try out" an iPhone.

Soch na, andha paisa hota to itna thodi sochte ki kaisa hoga. Try karke dekh lete.

So see if it fits your budget.
Androids me wapas to hamesha hi aa sakte ho.

It'll be a welcomed change, if nothing else
+1