• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Trick to remember multiple Credit/Debit cards PIN?

Manoj Pant

TF Premier
How to remember PIN of multiple Credit & Debit cards easily? Is there any safe trick? is it good idea to make similar PIN for all cards?

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Create a pattern.
For example, for a CC:
First digit of card you go from start and use that as your last digit of pin.
Second digit of card traverse from back of card and using 3rd digit of pin.

Reverse this for a DC.

If you need to remember many people’s card PIN, add their name’s first or second letter’s position (in a old nokia phone pattern) to your pin.

Make it complex enough nobody else can crack it. But make it simple enough you can remember it :)

Last edited:

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
How to remember PIN of multiple Credit & Debit cards easily? Is there any safe trick? is it good idea to make similar PIN for all cards?
Easy way: Keep the same PIN
Safer way: Use a function based on the card number e.g
Say the middle set of digits are 6893-2431
Now add the 2 groups together, take only the units part and discard the carry
So 6+2, 8+4, 9+3, 3+1 gives you 8224
Then choose your own personal number. Let us say it is 7
Add this to each digit of the number 8224 and discard the carry. This is your PIN. So it will be 5991

helloworld

TF Legend
Easy way: Keep the same PIN
Safer way: Use a function based on the card number e.g
Say the middle set of digits are 6893-2431
Now add the 2 groups together, take only the units part and discard the carry
So 6+2, 8+4, 9+3, 3+1 gives you 8224
Then choose your own personal number. Let us say it is 7
Add this to each digit of the number 8224 and discard the carry. This is your PIN. So it will be 5991
this needs a calculator when in store :D

helloworld

TF Legend
One way is what SBI debit card teaches you?

2 digits from them + 2 digits from you.

2 digits from them = use your credit card to get 2 digits, use same pattern for all cards

(ex: as suggested by @Wealth is my birth right! , ex: 1 & 5 digits etc.)

2 digits from you = do something to earlier 2 digits (divide,multiply etc.) get another 2.

(ex: as suggested by @Copycat , add your personal number to each of those 2 digits).

its actually easy once you find pattern, don't stress much.

helloworld

TF Legend
Difficulty comes in banking apps which force you to change pins regularly and can't reuse last x pins.

Which bank ask you to mandatorily change card PIN?

I know about netbanking passwords but didn't much about debit/credit card PINs. It's usually in our hand until something happened or we want to change and in that case we have to remember or change approach.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
I have the same pin across all my DCs and CCs. I keep all the usage limits to the bare minimum on the cards I don't carry around in my daily wallet. The ones that I do carry with me have transaction limits set as per my regular usage.
Is there any benefit to having multiple pins?

P B R G

TF Ace
I am using a Notes app to keep track of all Cards, Bank account details, all email and app passwords and I keep it hidden from the app list. No one can find it even on an unlocked phone except me.

Also I keep the transaction limits to bare minimum and always turn off International and ATM transactions for all cards, disable Tap n pay for those which I don't use.

Also I have learnt not to save card details in websites and apps except for a few trusted ones. I use Flipkart every month but none of my cards are saved there whereas in Amazon, Paytm etc all cards are saved.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Name each card with each of your ex name. Set their birthday as PIN. This way you will not forget your ex(cess), their birthday and card PIN. 😎😊
Tried this out sometime back keeping the PIN of each card as the birthday of my exes. Unfortunately, I ran out of cards. (Btw, I hold 20+ cards) 🤣

Will delete this after some time because my gf and I share this account 😅

Last edited: