• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unable to get approval for SBI Cashback CC?

ABHISHEKk

TF Buzz
I already have SimplyClick 5 years old card, but when I applying for Cashback card , they keep rejecting the application every time.
Is there any trick of approval for Cashback credit card for existing sbi card holders?

Exchange of mails. Customer care team was told that I had only one active card but sales department executive has told that there were 3 cards showing in their system. (2 cards were closed earlier).
I was trying to apply for sbi cashback card but it got rejected due to internal policy, I think the main reason i already have 3 cards. 1. Simplyclick 2. Simplysave 3. Simplysave again
so i raised a request to close 3rd simply click by call to customer care and received a msg immediately that card got deactivated but its been 7 days its still showing in my app.
i want to know how i can get the cashback card ? Was the closed card showing in your app ? On which email id you contacted with them ?

I was trying to apply for sbi cashback card but it got rejected due to internal policy, I think the main reason i already have 3 cards. 1. Simplyclick 2. Simplysave 3. Simplysave again
so i raised a request to close 3rd simply click by call to customer care and received a msg immediately that card got deactivated but its been 7 days its still showing in my app.
i want to know how i can get the cashback card ? Was the closed card showing in your app ? On which email id you contacted with them ?
Closed card will always show in the app till 'n' number of days 🤣. Only if you upgrade card then previous card will be deleted from app.
If you have any contact of local sales department executive (if no, then visit branch and ask with credit card team), they will check by using your PAN.
As per my personal experience, there is no use from email team, they will give only generic reply.
As you told your card got deactivated without the interaction of retention team, I doubt whether your card is permanently closed or not? Check once.

I wrote to SBI cards whether they can upgrade my Simplyclick to Cashback, just for fun.
As expected, they replied saying upgrade to Cashback not possible. Apply for a new card.
However they sent me a list of cards to which I can get an upgrade, all paid. The list includes Air India signature, platinum, octane, Elite, signature paywave, pulse and Prime.

I wrote to SBI cards whether they can upgrade my Simplyclick to Cashback, just for fun.
As expected, they replied saying upgrade to Cashback not possible. Apply for a new card.
However they sent me a list of cards to which I can get an upgrade, all paid. The list includes Air India signature, platinum, octane, Elite, signature paywave, pulse and Prime.
What is your credit limit?

Is it true that even after closing SBI card it never shows as closed in cibil report ?

Last year I applied for sbi cash back card but it got rejected as I had three sbi cards already.Sbi does not issue more than three credit cards.

Ten days ago I closed a credit card but it still doesn't show closed in cibil.Although I know that in Cibil it takes some time to update.

Many people are posting in this group that their closed SBI card is still showing "active".This is why their Sbi cashback card application is getting rejected.

So after how long should i apply for sbi cashback card now or later ?

Is it true that even after closing SBI card it never shows as closed in cibil report ?

Last year I applied for sbi cash back card but it got rejected as I had three sbi cards already.Sbi does not issue more than three credit cards.

Ten days ago I closed a credit card but it still doesn't show closed in cibil.Although I know that in Cibil it takes some time to update.

Many people are posting in this group that their closed SBI card is still showing "active".This is why their Sbi cashback card application is getting rejected.

The closed card will be updated in CIBIL with closed status..

The card shows up as closed in cibil and app.

Back