• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Understanding tata neu infinity statement

harisund

TF Buzz
Can someone please take a look below and tell me if I am missing something

The first transaction is a big basket transaction, the rest are UPI purchases done using either PayTM or Google Pay but using the HDFC Tata Neu Infinity as payment method.

Why are there zeroes everywhere?

For what it is worth, my original BB purchase was for Rs. 4699.13. For that, I recieved 234 neu coins in the app pretty much immediately after the delivery of the items was made.

What is going on below? Should I not be getting base new coins for all the transactions below?

1702560315623.png

harisund

TF Buzz
I just recently got the credit card, and this is my very first statement with the card.

Are you saying for any given transaction, I will earn the cash back for it pretty much 2 months later?

(Also, I am aware of the caps, I don't think I have hit any of the caps though right? )

shrewdoc

TF Ace
I just recently got the credit card, and this is my very first statement with the card.

Are you saying for any given transaction, I will earn the cash back for it pretty much 2 months later?

(Also, I am aware of the caps, I don't think I have hit any of the caps though right? )
Cashback on Tata Neu cards is on Calendar Month basis, not in Statement Cycle.

So your Neu Coins for transactions of this month will be credited to your account in first week of January 2024.

LordPSN

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Cashback on Tata Neu cards is on Calendar Month basis, not in Statement Cycle.

So your Neu Coins for transactions of this month will be credited to your account in first week of January 2024.
So what should be the statement cycle so that UPI neu coins are given in same month/statement?

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
4th or 5th of every month is ideal for this specific case.
I don't think we can get neucoins in the same month as stmt and neucoins are not related (its my assumption, maybe I am wrong)

Neucoins are given on calendar month basis and are transferred in the first week of next month and so, irrespective of stmt date, it should get loaded in next month itself (similar to Millennia's cashpoints)

shrewdoc

TF Ace
I don't think we can get neucoins in the same month as stmt and neucoins are not related (its my assumption, maybe I am wrong)

Neucoins are given on calendar month basis and are transferred in the first week of next month and so, irrespective of stmt date, it should get loaded in next month itself (similar to Millennia's cashpoints)
It's not about credit.

It's about reflection in statement to keep track for spends in the same month. Well, that's what was asked to me. I think you misunderstood my point. 😄

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It's not about credit.

It's about reflection in statement to keep track for spends in the same month. Well, that's what was asked to me. I think you misunderstood my point. 😄
I tried to explain the other part :p

what you meant to say is that if stmt date is around 5th of every month, then there is a good chance that the neucoins of last month gets credited by the time stmt is generated and so, same data is displayed in the stmt as well (excluding neucoins which you would earn for transactions done in first 4 days)

gangvar

TF Buzz
I just received by first month statement and it is super confusing -

1. When are the points for the UPI payments made using the RUpay variant settled? I thought UPI payment made using the RUpay variant would earn 1.5% points?
2. No 5% cash back on spends with tata partners

1705770118942.png 1705770316659.png

RajdeepMaity

TF Buzz
I just received by first month statement and it is super confusing -

1. When are the points for the UPI payments made using the RUpay variant settled? I thought UPI payment made using the RUpay variant would earn 1.5% points?
2. No 5% cash back on spends with tata partners

1705770118942.png 1705770316659.png
The 1.5% on UPI spends will come with next month statement. Similarly the rest 3.5% of the bonus neucoins for Tata partners should get credited next month in the bonus neucoins section

The biggest 'trick' in understanding tata neu statement is that cash back is based on expenditure in a given month, _not_ in a given statement, unlike practically every other card I have seen.

Now, the statement in your screenshot, which month was it generated? It looks like _everything_ in the screenshot is made in January, so can you share the screenshot of your december transactions? That will help you understand how the cash back is being generated.

gangvar

TF Buzz
The biggest 'trick' in understanding tata neu statement is that cash back is based on expenditure in a given month, _not_ in a given statement, unlike practically every other card I have seen.

Now, the statement in your screenshot, which month was it generated? It looks like _everything_ in the screenshot is made in January, so can you share the screenshot of your december transactions? That will help you understand how the cash back is being generated.
Got it, thanks for clearing that up!

Just got myself a Neu credit card this month, so all the transactions are from January.

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
As far as I understand from my experience. The default statement date for Tata neu card is 1st of every month. All transactions done in the previous month will be shown in the statement generated on 1st and neu coins will be credited to the account on or before 7th (generally 5th).

The transaction page shows only 1.5% cashback for all transaction except UPI. UPI is shown as zero.

If you scroll down there is a section for bonus points. You will see 1.5% cash back for neu coins. 3.5% for all Tata brands and 3.5% for groceries. You will not have a split up there.

I do only upi Transactions on this card now and once in awhile big basket (via Tata neu). I see close to 1.5% for upi transaction. I believe transaction below ₹35 will not fetch you any cashback. Minimum cashback is ₹1 and all cashback are rounded off to nearest whole number.

Hope this helps.

> The default statement date for Tata neu card is 1st of every month.

I think this depends on _when_ you got approved. Mine was definitely not the 1st of the month. Having it as first would be ideal of course (and you can call and change the date of statement generation too)

shadow

TF Premier
I should have gotten 1.5% on this swiggy payment. I made this payment for instamart using card payment (not UPI).

P.S. - Made Close to 1500 Nue Coins in the first month.

Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 1.07.24 PM.png