• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

(Updated) Android App to scan merchant QR and get Mcc code

rockking1994

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Updated (14-9-2024)
Hi guys here is my small contribution to the amazing technofino comunity
I present you an App to scan UPI QR Codes and get the MCC code
and Yes I will be adding more features later
Do try and let me know how can we improve it
Apk file is attached below
scan qr.webp Scan qr popup.webp

(Beta)Web app for all devices https://scan.wpscreators.com/ bit buggy

Here is the version 2

Change Log
1) added the ability to switch on/off the flashlight (no web support)
2) switch between front and back camera (works on the web)
3) Scan files from Gallery (no web support)
4) Added description for the MCC code (works on the web)
5) Can now open the UPI apps directly from app (works on the web for android)

Some features are Android app only as there is no support for direct web app
Uninstall old app and install new version

Attachments

Last edited:
Even i am not sure why the app size is large i have only used bare minimum stuff required to build it
Not a Flutter developer myself (i use Kotlin), but one reason could be that you have integrated the camera directly into your app for which you might have imported a library, sometimes these libraries create different builds for different Android architectures, so when you compile a universal apk, it includes the builds for all architectures, hence could be the reason for large size, if you directly use androids camera from intent, that might reduce the size, anyways if the library is the reason for the size, it won't matter when the user will download the app from playstore, its size should be reduced as per their device's architecture, I would have loved to help in the development, if it was in kotlin. can I have your permission to use this idea to make a kotlin version?

Not a Flutter developer myself (i use Kotlin), but one reason could be that you have integrated the camera directly into your app for which you might have imported a library, sometimes these libraries create different builds for different Android architectures, so when you compile a universal apk, it includes the builds for all architectures, hence could be the reason for large size, if you directly use androids camera from intent, that might reduce the size, anyways if the library is the reason for the size, it won't matter when the user will download the app from playstore, its size should be reduced as per their device's architecture, I would have loved to help in the development, if it was in kotlin. can I have your permission to use this idea to make a kotlin version?
Will try different laibrary

Hi guys here is my small contribution to the amazing technofino comunity
I present you an App to scan UPI QR Codes and get the MCC code
and Yes I will be adding more features later
Do try and let me know how can we improve it
Apk file is attached below
View attachment 67328View attachment 67329
(Beta)Web app for all devices https://scan.wpscreators.com/ bit buggy
https://developer.mastercard.com/places/documentation/use-cases/use-cases-2/
maybe you can integrate with an api like this to get more info on the MCC code .

Dont have a list to match it with for now will be adding it soon right now it just breaks the link and get the mcc code from it
In case it helps you in any way, you might want to look at how Jupiter CSB EDGE Credit Card has implemented this feature on similar lines.

To give you a gist about its rewards design, this card offers FLAT 2% on a chosen category (Shopping, Dining or Travel) and 0.4% on other categories.

So, the QR scanner in their app scans and lets you know beforehand whether or not you would be eligible to earn 2% or 0.4% which in turn helps you to make an informed decision.

I believe they determine the MCC from the QR itself to identify if it falls under Shopping, Dining or Travel categories.

In case it helps you in any way, you might want to look at how Jupiter CSB EDGE Credit Card has implemented this feature on similar lines.

To give you a gist about its rewards design, this card offers FLAT 2% on a chosen category (Shopping, Dining or Travel) and 0.4% on other categories.

So, the QR scanner in their app scans and lets you know beforehand whether or not you would be eligible to earn 2% or 0.4% which in turn helps you to make an informed decision.

I believe they determine the MCC from the QR itself to identify if it falls under Shopping, Dining or Travel categories.
Wow. This must be implemented in all the UPI apps, to make the user well informed.

do they just display reward rate or MCC as well?

version 2 is out now

Change Log
1) Added the ability to switch on/off the flashlight (no web support)
2) Switch between front and back camera (works on the web)
3) Scan files from Gallery (no web support)
4) Added description for the MCC code (works on the web)
5) Can now open the UPI apps directly from app (works on the web for android)

Some features are Android app only as there is no support for direct web app
Uninstall old app and install new version

bhaiya, you winphone user? i loved winphone so much.
I loved Tinphone as a kid.
communication-concept-tin-can-phone.jpg

Back