• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Wait time for 2nd HDFC card

makman

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have Tata Neu card received in the beginning of May and is my only HDFC card. How long should I wait before applying for a core HDFC card?

I received my millenia in May, got LTF tata neu infinity offer on the neu app today and I applied for it. Pending verification at the bank lets see if they approve it or reject it based on some cooldown period.
Update on this. I can now see the tata neu infinity card activated on my app so I guess it was approved within 1 month of my millenia application

1.5L. Millenia was issued me with limit 80k(i did c2c using 5L card) I've been arguing over a month threatening to close the card so they finally did the limit upgrade yesterday to 1.5L so I immediately applied for tata neu infinity as well since i saw here that it's the minimum requirement.
How they increased your cc limit too soon ?

How they increased your cc limit too soon ?
Idk why they put the limit so low. I showed them my ITR and salary slips, did an ombudsman complaint(this didn't help though). I had originally applied for Regalia Gold, all my application + vkyc was done for regalia gold. They downgraded my card automatically and gave me millenia citing random reasons with only 80k limit. I hadn't activated the card till the last date before it would be cancelled. When they agreed increase the limit I activated it. I'm hoping that I can get a few limit enhancements in the next year to get a decent limit.

I haven't received any le for HDFC millennia, got on 13th October last year.
Have you emailed them? I'm expecting a promotion this year so I plan to re-raise a limit enhancement request by december, not sure if they'll agree or not but one thing I've realised is that HDFC won't do anything if you don't ask.

few months back i asked in my branch. And they said I am not eligible to have any other core card if i have tata neu as first card. I don't know about other co-branded card as i asked specifically about tata neu one.
Anyone else has any information about this? I am also planning to take Tata Neu Card as my first card. If they can't give me another core card after Tata Neu Card, then I have to reconsider my plan. Any official way of confirm this from the bank side apart from the branch?
Thanks in advance

Anyone else has any information about this? I am also planning to take Tata Neu Card as my first card. If they can't give me another core card after Tata Neu Card, then I have to reconsider my plan. Any official way of confirm this from the bank side apart from the branch?
Thanks in advance
My first hdfc bank credit card was tata neu plus card. When I wanted regalia they said we can not process your application till you close your old card (this is what my RM told me), so I closed it waited for a week and applied for the new core card. I'm not sure if it's a definitive thing that you can't apply for core card if you have cobranded first, just sharing my experience

You may want to mail customer care to confirm: PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com

How to apply for 3rd card??
There is banner to apply in netbanking and mobile app. I tried and there was an instant cibil hit. However, I stopped there because I thought they will deactivate my DCP for new card and mailed CC. They told me I already have two cards and new card can be issued on floater basis. So, I replied them to ask for a new card on floater basis. Let's see what they respond

There is banner to apply in netbanking and mobile app. I tried and there was an instant cibil hit. However, I stopped there because I thought they will deactivate my DCP for new card and mailed CC. They told me I already have two cards and new card can be issued on floater basis. So, I replied them to ask for a new card on floater basis. Let's see what they respond
What's floater basis?

My first hdfc bank credit card was tata neu plus card. When I wanted regalia they said we can not process your application till you close your old card (this is what my RM told me), so I closed it waited for a week and applied for the new core card. I'm not sure if it's a definitive thing that you can't apply for core card if you have cobranded first, just sharing my experience

You may want to mail customer care to confirm: PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com
Sent an email to priorityredressal

1687803837559.png

and received the following response . Let's see what they come up with ..

1687802716634.png

Last edited:
Back