• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Wait time for 2nd HDFC card

makman

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have Tata Neu card received in the beginning of May and is my only HDFC card. How long should I wait before applying for a core HDFC card?

My first hdfc bank credit card was tata neu plus card. When I wanted regalia they said we can not process your application till you close your old card (this is what my RM told me), so I closed it waited for a week and applied for the new core card. I'm not sure if it's a definitive thing that you can't apply for core card if you have cobranded first, just sharing my experience

You may want to mail customer care to confirm: PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com
FLASH... FLASH....

The word is out, from the horses mouth, unfortuantely it is a big resounding NO....
1687873744128.png

Glad that I didn't apply for LTF Tata Neu card under the rewards league program.. will get my first core card soon and then Tata Neu card...

FLASH... FLASH....

The word is out, from the horses mouth, unfortuantely it is a big resounding NO....
View attachment 21014

Glad that I didn't apply for LTF Tata Neu card under the rewards league program.. will get my first core card soon and then Tata Neu card...
Yeh inform kar rahe hain ya pooch rahe hain? "We wish to inform you are not able".. Are bhai, i was not able to apply tabhi to pucha, samadhan batane ki bajay bs random shit.. ek aur clarification mail daalo ki core card kaise Lena hai.

Oh shit.. my first card is tata neu plus. Even opened bank account for pre approved offers.. guess i made wrong decision 😔
FLASH... FLASH....

View attachment 21014

Oh shit.. my first card is tata neu plus. Even opened bank account for pre approved offers.. guess i made wrong decision 😔
Not really to worry much..
When you are ready for core card, just close this Tata Neu card and get the core card.
Then afterwards you could easily get Tata Neu if you still want, its not that difficult to get.

The clear cut clarification I got from HDFC is" "normally" they won't give core card after your debut Co branded card , being "normally" is keyword here unless you want to go thru the very tedious way of getting your debut co branded card into core card as referred by @BeingIncog

Last edited:
Back