• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

We are travelling to UAE in Jan '24 from India. Which CC/Forex would you suggest for shopping and travel in UAE/

msherley8

TF Buzz
We are travelling to UAE in Jan '24 from India. Which CC/Forex would you suggest for shopping and travel in UAE? How about Neyo card by DCB bank? Thomas cook forex card? Bookmyforex card?

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
We are travelling to UAE in Jan '24 from India. Which CC/Forex would you suggest for shopping and travel in UAE? How about Neyo card by DCB bank? Thomas cook forex card? Bookmyforex card?
The cards that you should carry would depend on your current card collection and are you looking for zero forex or planning to earn accelerated reward points ?

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
If you have any credit card milestones pending, you can complete them by ordering a BookMyForex card/cash by using them.

If you're looking at around 2L-4L expenses in total in Dubai, would you like to get 50K cash back on them?

Here's a plan - Apply for an Amex Plat Travel card, and you will get it delivered within 3 days.
Spend 4L to get BookMyForex card/cash, which will hit the milestone and get you 40k points and a 10k Taj voucher.

Transfer those 40K points to Marriott Bonvoy, you will get 2 nights in a good hotel in Dubai or 3 nights in a budget hotel.
Save the 10k Taj voucher for a future trip or for a relaxing staycation once you're back from your Dubai trip.

DM me if you have any other questions or help with the application! :)

jk51

TF Premier
Have positive experience with Scapia, IDFC Wow and Standard Chartered Ultimate in UAE. In all the cases exchange rates were almost near to that which Google was showing. In case of Ultimate 1.5% (out of 4.13% of forex surcharge charged) was credited in the form of cashabck within 60 days of spends made making it 0.7% of net gain (accounting for 3.33% of standard reward rate).

If you are planning any cash withdrawals there then Indusind Exclusive Debit cards (both Visa and Mastercard) are of great assistance.

nomad

TF Premier
Depends on the current mix and situation.
Do you have good limits on existing cards? What's your CIBIL score?

In case you have to apply and get a new card, the above points will help in suggestions

msherley8

TF Buzz
The cards that you should carry would depend on your current card collection and are you looking for zero forex or planning to earn accelerated reward points ?
Hi, we are looking mainly for lunch and travel not shopping in particular. Just wanted to understand what is the better way to deal in UAE other than cash. I found Scapia, Neyo, Thomas cook forex card, Indusland & Bookmyforex card on google as top suggested.
However, I see Neyo is the one having 0 markup charges, but the issue with that is the reviews are not that great!

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi, we are looking mainly for lunch and travel not shopping in particular. Just wanted to understand what is the better way to deal in UAE other than cash. I found Scapia, Neyo, Thomas cook forex card, Indusland & Bookmyforex card on google as top suggested.
However, I see Neyo is the one having 0 markup charges, but the issue with that is the reviews are not that great!
Please do not go with google suggestions... there are few good articles that you should refer to.... Lot of threads on Technofino, other one is on Cardmaven etc. - https://shorturl.at/eBJR9

Also, do add IDFC WoW to your list of comparison for zero markup

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If you have any credit card milestones pending, you can complete them by ordering a BookMyForex card/cash by using them.
How do you load BookMyForex card using Credit Card, I don't see such option, it only allows verified Bank Account Details to be added and to be paid from.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
How do you load BookMyForex card using Credit Card, I don't see such option, it only allows verified Bank Account Details to be added and to be paid from.

But how? BookMyForex doesn't allow paying via CC

I'm not aware of any recent changes but a lot of people have bought from them using credit cards before. Even their FAQs mention that they process payments using credit and debit cards both, might need to reach out their CC for clarification.
1703152960998.png

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
B

If you're looking at around 2L-4L expenses in total in Dubai, would you like to get 50K cash back on them?

Here's a plan - Apply for an Amex Plat Travel card, and you will get it delivered within 3 days.
Spend 4L to get BookMyForex card/cash, which will hit the milestone and get you 40k points and a 10k Taj voucher.

Transfer those 40K points to Marriott Bonvoy, you will get 2 nights in a good hotel in Dubai or 3 nights in a budget hotel.
Save the 10k Taj voucher for a future trip or for a relaxing staycation once you're back from your Dubai trip.

Bhai ne 1lakh k trip m
4 lakh ka kharcha niklwa diya .
Just for 2 night 😂😁

Trick is good if they actually did plan to spend 4l

realjayt

TF Premier

This sounds amazing if one is planning to buy phones for those pesky relatives 🤣

Sleepyk

TF Buzz
Please do not go with google suggestions... there are few good articles that you should refer to.... Lot of threads on Technofino, other one is on Cardmaven etc. - https://shorturl.at/eBJR9

Also, do add IDFC WoW to your list of comparison for zero markup
IDFC Wow is an FD backed product as far as I could make out. Not really a great option if one has access to other stuff like Scapia etc.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
IDFC Wow is an FD backed product as far as I could make out. Not really a great option if one has access to other stuff like Scapia etc.
There are two additional benefits of the card which I personally find useful which Scapia does not have

1. Cash withdrawal at foreign ATMs without any charges and 0 markup fees. Works like a debit card (P.S: Nominal charges of 200 are levied)
2. Reward rate of 0.67% (no reward for scapia on intl transactions)
3. Easy to get

Scapia has dom lounge access (which is +ve), but not international

If you already have some money lying around in FD, it is just a matter of diverting it. Interest rates are also good with IDFC. But if you are short on money then go with Scapia