• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Weird Indian obsession with UPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I can never understand why Indians are so obsessed with UPI. It's ok for small payments like Rs20 at a small vendor who doesn't accept cards. At larger shops, where you can simply tap your credit or debit card in a second, I see educated, well off looking people fumble with UPI apps, entering the amount, then their pin and often the scan doesn't work or the payment doesn't go through because of cellular network inside the store and so on. So much time wasted along with the hassle. Yesterday, I was behind a lady at Haldirams and she tried to scan 10 times and the cashier had to reset the scan screen multiple times. UPI is great when the user is poor or uneducated and doesn't have a credit card or when the establishment doesn't accept them. Why are educated people with credit cards so enamoured of it? Isn't it better to just tap your credit card and get 1 to 3% cashback or points and skip the hassle?

It's been 16 pages of argument. Please stop.
People High Quality GIF

Why video ? just download BHIM app latest version on your Android or Iphone and you will see Tap & Pay option.

This image is showing Tap & Pay for send money to your friends.

POS machine merchant payment, you dnt need to enter manually payment amount just Tap & Pay to POS machine and payment will success.

how-to-use-upi-lite-x.jpg
yes Tap and Pay NFC is showing in latest version of BHIM ios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back