• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What’s this HDFC scam?

deusest

TF Select
Hello,

I had applied for a HDFC regalia card, today I received a message that my card was approved and it turned out to be IOCL Instant credit card. Now I don’t understand what the hell is IOCL instant card, and how did I end up with it? Also the credit limit is horrendously low. My previous HDFC card before closure had 200k limit and POS instant IOCL card is Rs 45000. Any suggestions what I should do?

Thank you

Hello,

I had applied for a HDFC regalia card, today I received a message that my card was approved and it turned out to be IOCL Instant credit card. Now I don’t understand what the hell is IOCL instant card, and how did I end up with it? Also the credit limit is horrendously low. My previous HDFC card before closure had 200k limit and POS instant IOCL card is Rs 45000. Any suggestions what I should do?

Thank you
How did you apply? c2c?
when did you close your old card?

How did you apply? c2c?
when did you close your old card?
I closed my card on 1st September. I applied for it like 2-3 days back and then it generated this POS.

Also I didn’t apply on C2C basis, it gave me an option to choose from Millenia, Tata neu and Regalia gold. I chose regalia but they gave me this shit.

Last edited:
Why did you close the old card? when did you close it? And what card was it?
Do you have any other relationship with hdfc? Have salary Or savings account or loan with them?
And how did you apply for new card? Online or agent or branch?
What did you use to apply? Pay slip? ITR,? BANK STMT? C2C?

Why did you close the old card? when did you close it? And what card was it?
Do you have any other relationship with hdfc? Have salary Or savings account or loan with them?
And how did you apply for new card? Online or agent or branch?
What did you use to apply? Pay slip? ITR,? BANK STMT? C2C?
Close my millenia card with 200k limit on 1st September. Closed it because they wouldn’t upgrade it.
I do have a savings account with them and I maintain a decent balance. Applied it online, where it listed regalia gold as one of the options. They didn’t ask for any documents, they didn’t even conduct my VKYC or KYC

Hello,

Thank you
Check for any confirmation messages from bank

If you have received "we are offering you a variant of our Credit Card which is other than the what you have applied for", then it means they downgraded the variant and gave you what they think would be the best one for you...

This should logically be taken up with RBI, don't know how hdfc can give us something which we didn't apply for

this usually happens with everyone via C2C basis, but strange that it happened via their own portal

Check for any confirmation messages from bank

If you have received "we are offering you a variant of our Credit Card which is other than the what you have applied for", then it means they downgraded the variant and gave you what they think would be the best one for you...

This should logically be taken up with RBI, don't know how hdfc can give us something which we didn't apply for

this usually happens with everyone via C2C basis, but strange that it happened via their own portal
I was just checking the status of my application with their track tool and it says application declined however I see an IOCL card in my net banking now. This is beyond acceptable. They could’ve denied my application and I would’ve been fine with it. What’s the point in giving me something I don’t want. HDFC has really gone down the drain in recent years.

Hello,

Thank you
Did you applied via agent?😁

Back