• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What’s this HDFC scam?

deusest

TF Select
Hello,

I had applied for a HDFC regalia card, today I received a message that my card was approved and it turned out to be IOCL Instant credit card. Now I don’t understand what the hell is IOCL instant card, and how did I end up with it? Also the credit limit is horrendously low. My previous HDFC card before closure had 200k limit and POS instant IOCL card is Rs 45000. Any suggestions what I should do?

Thank you

Did you applied via agent?😁

he said he entered pan card and address, so it seems it was done online (not via agent)

Close my millenia card with 200k limit on 1st September. Closed it because they wouldn’t upgrade it.
I do have a savings account with them and I maintain a decent balance. Applied it online, where it listed regalia gold as one of the options. They didn’t ask for any documents, they didn’t even conduct my VKYC or KYC

I am sure you have your reasons, but why would you want an upgrade from Millennia to Regalia gold? They've been after me to to take the upgrade from Millennia to Regalia Gold, I just can't see the point. Not sure Smartbuy is the best travel booking option available, anything else with the points doesn't seem worth it. The only other benefit seems to be better lounge coverage. Was Millennia LTF? If so, really no point upgrading to Regalia Gold in my view. The IOCL isn't worth it either.

I am sure you have your reasons, but why would you want an upgrade from Millennia to Regalia gold? They've been after me to to take the upgrade from Millennia to Regalia Gold, I just can't see the point. Not sure Smartbuy is the best travel booking option available, anything else with the points doesn't seem worth it. The only other benefit seems to be better lounge coverage. Was Millennia LTF? If so, really no point upgrading to Regalia Gold in my view. The IOCL isn't worth it either.
Yea, the only reason was millenia wasn’t as useful to me anymore. I’m after low forex markup fee. Trying to ensure most of my cards have low forex markup

Then it is the famous provebial " You are FUKCED" ... Don't take it serious..
WIth a very rare exception, if we take a co-branded HDFC CC as our first CC, we won't get any HDFC Core CC...

Please do some search on this fourm about it..

NOTE: No offence intended either directly / indireclty..
Advanced apologies, if it remotely hurts you...
I opened my father’s HDFC account as a family account under my salaried account. It is not his primary account but just uses it for fund distribution across several banks and so he let a huge amount sit ideal for the last 13 months. For a few months he was getting offer for pre approved credit card with 5 lakh limit and imperia baking but since he is not a credit card fanatic he just ignored it. Last month I created his TataNeu account and applied Neu Infinity which he got LTF and a week later converted his account to imperia. He was still getting pre approved credit card with 5 lakh limit mail so out of curiosity I checked what all cards does it show and it was showing DCB with both joining and annual fees striked out. I called up my branch manager and discussed with him whether it will be LTF or not and he asked me to apply and once the virtual card is generated just provide him the last 4 digits and he would have it converted to LTF if not already and email me the confirmation via mail. Which he did!!

So the moral of the story is HDFC does give core cards after co branded and also they do issue cards before the cooling period. But i guess in rare cases! Ik that because just last month HDFC cancelled my application for 3rd HDFC card stating you already are using an HDFC card. Though i have escalated it and am in talks with Branch Manager and Nodal officer regarding the same and also 3 inquiries for a single application.

I opened my father’s HDFC account as a family account under my salaried account. It is not his primary account but just uses it for fund distribution across several banks and so he let a huge amount sit ideal for the last 13 months. For a few months he was getting offer for pre approved credit card with 5 lakh limit and imperia baking but since he is not a credit card fanatic he just ignored it. Last month I created his TataNeu account and applied Neu Infinity which he got LTF and a week later converted his account to imperia. He was still getting pre approved credit card with 5 lakh limit mail so out of curiosity I checked what all cards does it show and it was showing DCB with both joining and annual fees striked out. I called up my branch manager and discussed with him whether it will be LTF or not and he asked me to apply and once the virtual card is generated just provide him the last 4 digits and he would have it converted to LTF if not already and email me the confirmation via mail. Which he did!!

So the moral of the story is HDFC does give core cards after co branded and also they do issue cards before the cooling period. But i guess in rare cases! Ik that because just last month HDFC cancelled my application for 3rd HDFC card stating you already are using an HDFC card.
Because he already had pre approved offer running. Saw similar case with other forum member. However he didn't opt for core card.. but once you get co branded card you won't get pre approved offers as it is happening in my case.

So the moral of the story is HDFC does give core cards after co branded and also they do issue cards before the cooling period. But i guess in rare cases! Ik that because just last month HDFC cancelled my application for 3rd HDFC card stating you already are using an HDFC card. Though i have escalated it and am in talks with Branch Manager and Nodal officer regarding the same and also 3 inquiries for a single application.
after how long were u able to apply for the DCB card online after getting the infinity ?

Because he already had pre approved offer running. Saw similar case with other forum member. However he didn't opt for core card.. but once you get co branded card you won't get pre approved offers as it is happening in my case.
well I am still getting the offer for a core card everyday whenever i open HDFC app (got the tata neu infinity last week) but not able to go ahead yet when i enter my details as it says that I have recently applied for a credit card.

well I am still getting the offer for a core card everyday whenever i open HDFC app (got the tata neu infinity last week) but not able to go ahead yet when i enter my details as it says that I have recently applied for a credit card.
Maybe it has to do with the cooling period! HDFC is very unpredictable and notorious in their own ways so you never know how they’ll treat whom!! I guess you’ll just have to wait for 6 months now or maybe not lol!!

Hello,

I had applied for a HDFC regalia card, today I received a message that my card was approved and it turned out to be IOCL Instant credit card. Now I don’t understand what the hell is IOCL instant card, and how did I end up with it? Also the credit limit is horrendously low. My previous HDFC card before closure had 200k limit and POS instant IOCL card is Rs 45000. Any suggestions what I should do?

Thank you
Create an FD and apply after 1 month via C2C basis via Axis/Sbi cards...

Thread 'A Important post for those people who are not Getting LE & Upgrade in HDFC cards & Self -Employed Who want Millenia card' https://www.technofino.in/community...s-self-employed-who-want-millenia-card.17492/

Back