• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What’s this HDFC scam?

deusest

TF Select
Hello,

I had applied for a HDFC regalia card, today I received a message that my card was approved and it turned out to be IOCL Instant credit card. Now I don’t understand what the hell is IOCL instant card, and how did I end up with it? Also the credit limit is horrendously low. My previous HDFC card before closure had 200k limit and POS instant IOCL card is Rs 45000. Any suggestions what I should do?

Thank you

Close my millenia card with 200k limit on 1st September. Closed it because they wouldn’t upgrade it.
I do have a savings account with them and I maintain a decent balance. Applied it online, where it listed regalia gold as one of the options. They didn’t ask for any documents, they didn’t even conduct my VKYC or KYC
Close my millenia card with 200k limit on 1st September. Closed it because they wouldn’t upgrade it.
I do have a savings account with them and I maintain a decent balance. Applied it online, where it listed regalia gold as one of the options. They didn’t ask for any documents, they didn’t even conduct my VKYC or KYC
I was just checking the status of my application with their track tool and it says application declined however I see an IOCL card in my net banking now. This is beyond acceptable. They could’ve denied my application and I would’ve been fine with it. What’s the point in giving me something I don’t want. HDFC has really gone down the drain in recent years.
This is definitely a cluster F, that you ought to report RBI. Some sensibility is required for them to function as a bank.

Hi there,
I wanted to bring up an issue regarding fuel charge waiver on my HDFC IOCL Card. I've noticed that although they claim to offer 100% fuel charge waiver, it seems that's not entirely accurate.
Here's an example from my recent statement:
  • 03/02/2024: M PATEL CO BHARUCH => ₹3,136.58
  • 03/02/2024: PETRO SURCHARGE WAIVER => ₹31.06 Cr
Upon reviewing the statement, I realized that while I paid ₹3100, there's a discrepancy of ₹5. According to the statement, there should have been a total charge of ₹3131 with a subsequent credit of ₹31.06 for the fuel surcharge waiver.
This discrepancy appears consistently across all fuel transactions. Interestingly, I don't encounter this issue with my other bank cards like SBI OCTANE.

Hi there,
I wanted to bring up an issue regarding fuel charge waiver on my HDFC IOCL Card. I've noticed that although they claim to offer 100% fuel charge waiver, it seems that's not entirely accurate.
Here's an example from my recent statement:
  • 03/02/2024: M PATEL CO BHARUCH => ₹3,136.58
  • 03/02/2024: PETRO SURCHARGE WAIVER => ₹31.06 Cr
Upon reviewing the statement, I realized that while I paid ₹3100, there's a discrepancy of ₹5. According to the statement, there should have been a total charge of ₹3131 with a subsequent credit of ₹31.06 for the fuel surcharge waiver.
This discrepancy appears consistently across all fuel transactions. Interestingly, I don't encounter this issue with my other bank cards like SBI OCTANE.
GST isn't refunded.

Try on HDFC POS for 100% reversal.

Back