• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What’s this HDFC scam?

deusest

TF Select
Hello,

I had applied for a HDFC regalia card, today I received a message that my card was approved and it turned out to be IOCL Instant credit card. Now I don’t understand what the hell is IOCL instant card, and how did I end up with it? Also the credit limit is horrendously low. My previous HDFC card before closure had 200k limit and POS instant IOCL card is Rs 45000. Any suggestions what I should do?

Thank you

Yes my first hdfc card..
Then it is the famous proverbial " You are FUKCED" ... Don't take it serious..
WIth a very rare exception, if we take a co-branded HDFC CC as our first CC, we won't get any HDFC Core CC...

Please do some search on this fourm about it..

NOTE: No offence intended either directly / indireclty..
Advanced apologies, if it remotely hurts you...

Last edited:
Then it is the famous provebial " You are FUKCED" ... Don't take it serious..
WIth a very rare exception, if we take a co-branded HDFC CC as out first CC, we won't get any HDFC Core CC...

Please do some search on this fourm about it..

NOTE: No offence intended either directly / indireclty..
Yoo chilliax dude... BP will rise.
U can get cc via offline..

Please do let us know.. once done. because we are all under the impression that we can't get the core card after the first co-branded card.

Have you done it??
So i have tata card..
& I asked the branch ppl they told me u can apply after 6 months with merged limit..

Though i haven't applied..

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV
Just for fun..okay..
As you said it can be done, but at the mercy of HDF*... with HDF* nothing is normal or formal .. everything is unpredictable especially with regard to CC..
So, we have to play the cards carefully.. escpecially so with First HDF* CC..
Well i will do a fd from the branch...
They will give me a cc..

If no cc, no fd.. no commission..

RIght way to go... everything pre negotiate.. Let your money talk..
But what the point in getting a secured card from HDFC? That’s like wasting money in an FD, markets will offer better return. Core cards before any co branded cards. I’ll never invest in any HDFC schemes. I am even debating transferring all my money to axis.

prefer dbs,scb,hsbc
they are way better than any pvt bank
Ever since I got my American Express, I have shifted all my expenses in the card and international spends are on RBL world safari though I am looking for an option that rewards better on International spends even if I have to pay a little forex markup.

thats great
but i thought you were talking about shifting your nrv
Yes to Axis. I do have Axis select, Magnus and Flipkart axis. Don’t want anymore Axis cards (unreliable af in terms of unexpected devaluation)

I make a lot of international transactions and have been using RBL cards for the same but it gives no reward points for international payments. I was trying to find a card that rewards better on international transactions.

Back