• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What’s this HDFC scam?

deusest

TF Select
Hello,

I had applied for a HDFC regalia card, today I received a message that my card was approved and it turned out to be IOCL Instant credit card. Now I don’t understand what the hell is IOCL instant card, and how did I end up with it? Also the credit limit is horrendously low. My previous HDFC card before closure had 200k limit and POS instant IOCL card is Rs 45000. Any suggestions what I should do?

Thank you

But what the point in getting a secured card from HDFC? That’s like wasting money in an FD, markets will offer better return. Core cards before any co branded cards. I’ll never invest in any HDFC schemes. I am even debating transferring all my money to axis.

Yes to Axis. I do have Axis select, Magnus and Flipkart axis. Don’t want anymore Axis cards (unreliable af in terms of unexpected devaluation)

I make a lot of international transactions and have been using RBL cards for the same but it gives no reward points for international payments. I was trying to find a card that rewards better on international transactions.
Get the Airtel... Cancel it when devaluation

Big mistake closing millennia with 200k limit, instead should have asked for LE with supporting documents through email or the Chennai office.

if you had asked before closing millennia, almost everyone who has been on this forum for a while would have stressed to not close the card. But now you end up with a co-branded card. :rolleyes:

Big mistake closing millennia with 200k limit, instead should have asked for LE with supporting documents through email or the Chennai office.

if you had asked before closing millennia, almost everyone who has been on this forum for a while would have stressed to not close the card. But now you end up with a co-branded card. :rolleyes:
didn’t mean to tbh, I wanted a retention offer. They were giving me a retention offer but due to some glitch in their system I couldn’t enter the OTP in IVR to cancel the closure request. They tried 4 times and then they closed my card. 😂😂😂

Yes to Axis. I do have Axis select, Magnus and Flipkart axis. Don’t want anymore Axis cards (unreliable af in terms of unexpected devaluation)

I make a lot of international transactions and have been using RBL cards for the same but it gives no reward points for international payments. I was trying to find a card that rewards better on international transactions.
no shift your nrv to dbs hsbc or scb is what i meant
they have better service

didn’t mean to tbh, I wanted a retention offer. They were giving me a retention offer but due to some glitch in their system I couldn’t enter the OTP in IVR to cancel the closure request. They tried 4 times and then they closed my card. 😂😂😂
I believe you, their system backend is so bad, that any kind of update to the account takes a week. HDFC has the longest turnaround time.

But what the point in getting a secured card from HDFC? That’s like wasting money in an FD, markets will offer better return. Core cards before any co branded cards. I’ll never invest in any HDFC schemes.
I didn't mean FD based CC... I meant a better CC based on NRV ..

About AX*S, they are all same... just name is different

I believe you, their system backend is so bad, that any kind of update to the account takes a week. HDFC has the longest turnaround time.
Yes it’s really shit, plus customer support wouldn’t shut up during the IVR OTP process.I told them I am entering the OTP and they kept telling me I’m not doing it right. Like how hard do they imagine it is for anyone to enter OTP on the keypad.

Hello,

I had applied for a HDFC regalia card, today I received a message that my card was approved and it turned out to be IOCL Instant credit card. Now I don’t understand what the hell is IOCL instant card, and how did I end up with it? Also the credit limit is horrendously low. My previous HDFC card before closure had 200k limit and POS instant IOCL card is Rs 45000. Any suggestions what I should do?

Thank you
Welcome to HDFC 😆 Most common issue. Similar thing happened with me and reached out to Parag Rao and MD. In the end they refused to issue the card I actually applied for and I refused to accept the issued card. Closed the card

Welcome to HDFC 😆 Most common issue. Similar thing happened with me and reached out to Parag Rao and MD. In the end they refused to issue the card I actually applied for and I refused to accept the issued card. Closed the card
I’ve sent the email to priority grievance email as suggested above. I hope they fix their mistake but I am not very confident since their service is so crap. I am just bummed about missing out the cash back on iPhone lol Will have to borrow my cousins card

Most of my current transactions are in £. Anything for that? Wanted to get HSBC cards but Chandigarh isn’t serviceable it seems
Well I live in Mohali, can you tell me the process like how u got amex card
Was there any physical verification or everything happened online and what documents did u submit ?
I have SBI and ICICI amazon pay card and I want to apply amex card ?

Well I live in Mohali, can you tell me the process like how u got amex card
Was there any physical verification or everything happened online and what documents did u submit ?
I have SBI and ICICI amazon pay card and I want to apply amex card ?
It’s very straightforward. Everything was online, I didn’t even had upload any documents. In VKYC they did match my current address with adhaar card. No documentation, no physical verification. If you wanna apply, feel free to use my referral. This makes your card FYF and you get 2000 reward points

Back